I Scream Clone

LEGO Star Wars 10236 Ewok Village

It is possible we could see Ghost Obi-Wan in a Dagobah set. That being said, this set is amazing! I'm really glad they implemented the swinging log trap. That was one of my favorite Endor scenes.

This is a great looking set. I agree with the expensive statements, but let's be honest. All of LEGO is expensive, especially to the casual observer. However, this set is definitely expensive. Granted, you do get a large, elaborate ~2,000 piece playset with an assortment of figures. So I think the price is justified, but of course I would prefer it to be cheaper. I'm thinking around $200. Still expensive either way, but more manageable with all of these other sets coming out. LEGO is doing a great job releasing multiple high dollar items that are worthy of our money. The downside is trying to capture all of them. If this does take the place of the Death Star, then maybe it will be around a while and I can wait on purchasing it.

The new figures look great, but to complete the scene you need a lot of rehashes which is unfortunate. I agree about Chewie. He needs to be updated, especially since all of these other figures that had an older colorless mold that have been updated since. I really like the new Scout troopers. Very close to the source material. And the new Luke looks good. Leia naturally is a steal in the set and the main reason I would even want the Sail Barge. Two new Leias is great, but does she sell the set herself?

I can't wait to pick this up, but it probably will take a while.

Next, let's see some Sydney Opera House!

Thanks for posting!

It is definitely on my wish list!

I do actually wonder what TLG put under Leia's dress, flesh hips or colored ones? Probalbly colered ones for the kids :p

It is possible we could see Ghost Obi-Wan in a Dagobah set. That being said, this set is amazing! I'm really glad they implemented the swinging log trap. That was one of my favorite Endor scenes.

Looks pretty cool yea, though none of the AT-ST's will fit under there sadly.

Looks pretty cool yea, though none of the AT-ST's will fit under there sadly.

A mini one will. Or a speeder bike.

I was speechless at first.

Wow, really great details and so many iconic scenes packed into this one playset. The price is high but in the end it's a must have for a Star Wars collector.

I loved examining the pictures for all the details, thought I think I haven't found all the features. The rope bridge is fantastic! And the black-legged scout trooper is nice.

I like doing math (I'm weird, I know) so I decided to do a minifig to piece ratio. It comes out to 1 minifig per (approximately) every 117 parts. I just thought I would share that.

Edited by Gremer

ooh lala

The trees could have been a little bit taller in my opinion, and that skirt on Leia? That's just plain ugly.

Also, i had hope for Nippet (he/she is a baby ewok and a micro-figure would suffice). Chief Chirpa and Logray could have been switched for just two other ewoks we don't already have.

Then again: ooh lala

(and Teebo and Luke are awesome)

Finally a Star Wars set worth looking at! All those spaceships aren't catching my attention, but this looks awesome.

I'm thinking of buying one and sell the minifigs I don't like and use the rest of the set as a parts pack, lots of good and useful bricks, plates and plants in cool colors.

Between this and 10237(among all the others) TLG just wants to see all of us AFOLs broke. :sad: This is an amazing set. The size of those trees is impressive, as is the set as a whole. I'd like to get this, but it may not happen. I'm still playing catch up on the January releases.

This is one of those sets I'm gonna have to admire from afar. It's STUNNING, no doubt, but since I'm not really too into Ewoks and I don't have $249.99 to blow I'll probably never get it. Oh well...

I never really was a fan of Ewoks. I always thought of them as spear-holding teddy bears. But I love the LEGO ones. I don't know why.

This set is overpriced and boring, nothing more to say.

The more I look at this set, the more I'm impressed by it :wub:

To be honest I never imagined that I'd want to buy anything 'Ewok' based, but the design is excellent and it's going to be in my collection before Christmas. I can see this being a great seller for Lego and, compared to the RRP of Jabba's Palace in the UK, it's almost a bargain!

If I'm being critical, I'd like the trees to be taller (and more tree-like) and for it to include another 500-1000 parts which would have taken it into 'stunning' territory. I just hope they make the dish & landing platform next year to add to it!

For a SW set, this one looks very impressive, with lots of playable features. This would definitely be a set I'd want if I collected SW. Is this the set that will be replacing the Death Star set out now? It's been out for what 3-4 years? :classic:

If I'm being critical, I'd like the trees to be taller (and more tree-like) and for it to include another 500-1000 parts which would have taken it into 'stunning' territory. I just hope they make the dish & landing platform next year to add to it!

I bet two of these together would be perfect for that tree height you're looking for :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Won't buy it since it does not fit with my layout, too bad for the potential MOC potential... but what a great and creative set! Definitely not common for this price tag, BRAVO TLG, pretty sure that if I were a SW fan, I'd get a couple of these!!!

Some said the tree height was a bit low, did you notice that on the box all the other trees are much bigger... the ones included in the set look very small in comparison...

Anyhow, excellent set!

By the way, I couldn't agree more with this statement from Marco Bessa in the design video: "As a Lego Star Wars fan, you might think that this is actually quite a refreshing set in the whole assortment because usually you find on the shelves a lot of spaceships. They are definitely cool, but they are nothing like this one."

More Star Wars locations & playsets, please!!!

I agree! This is exactly what we need, more buildings, there are already more than enough spaceships!

This set looks great, I think it's the first Star Wars set that is so detailed! I feel tempted.... I'll think about it, I don't have many Star Wars sets in my collection...

Lego absolutely nailed this one. Couldn't ask for a more perfect set.

I'm glad Lego finally decided to give Luke dark tan hair. Also nice to see a generic Ewok Warrior instead of just named Ewoks. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this little guy for army building purposes.

It is definitely on my wish list!

I do actually wonder what TLG put under Leia's dress, flesh hips or colored ones? Probalbly colered ones for the kids :p

If you look at this pic you can see she has dark tan hips and printed panties.

http://www.fbtb.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/10236_front_001_mainvillage.jpg

Wow, that's great! Lots of nice detail there. Leia looks a bit odd to me though, the fabric skirt is weird.

Very nice set but I'm not into Star Wars. Maybe I should buy it, sell all the minifigs on Bricklink then convert the village into a Lord of the Rings Lothlorien. :wink: