AMAZON US - 42054 Class  Xerion for $129.99, and 42042 Crawler Crane for $116.24,  Each about 23% off, but thats as good as it gets around here.

Best bargain likely a 50 set lot worth about 8k+ for 2k but the one that made me happiest was a recent buy of three hot flame RC buggies for $90.  It was missing a couple of antenna and the 19L flex axles but those buggy motors are AWESOME!  Too bad not many moc's utilize them to take better advantage of them.

Picked up a 42024 Container Truck (discontinued 2014?) MISB for about 40% off MSRP at a local toy store. They have a very small Lego section, so odd sets like this sit for years.

Edited by eliminator

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

Picked up a 42024 Container Truck (discontinued 2014?) MISB for about 40% off MSRP at a local toy store. They have a very small Lego section, so odd sets like this sit for years.

The Toys R Us by me has a bunch of those on the shelf at $89.  That's also the only place that has Technic sets with a MSRP of over $50, so there's never any awesome deals locally.  $129 for the Technic tractor on Amazon is the best deal I've found so far.  

Bought yesterday a new sealed 42052 Helicopter set for 59 EUR in a local supermarket. Had not intended buying this set, but could not resist at that price ...

I ordered a 42030 back in september when Amazon's price plummeted to £130. However, it was shown as out of stock with no known restock date. I cancelled after six weeks of nowt, but RE-ordered right away because they'd dropped the price further to £115 - and S@H actually had a backorder date, which I thought would mean I'd be getting mine soon after.

So I had to give up waiting a fortnight ago and just bought the unique parts (wheels, bucket, green engine blocks) that I missed in order to reconstitute one. Now I'm told that Amazon have restocked, and it seems I'll be getting it in january.

AAAAAAAAAAA I don't know whether to be happy or annoyed

Edited by Gnac
Missed some "parts"

42030 + 42042 for $100 like new and stickers still on sheet from a guy who got bored of Technic. I just bought new instructions from Bricklink for some $15 total and trashed the used ones.

7 hours ago, Samer said:

42030 + 42042 for $100 like new and stickers still on sheet from a guy who got bored of Technic. I just bought new instructions from Bricklink for some $15 total and trashed the used ones.

That's a steal!!!  I have recently noticed that Craigslist (USA) is usually the best place to find steals and deals for Lego Technic.  I saw both sets you got for $100 each and nobody was interested (except me but my leg is broke so I have to wait and hope it's still out there after I can drive again)!

19 minutes ago, Minique85 said:

Just scored 8048, used but in new condition,  built, no box or instructions, for 5€ on a Fleamarket.

Pretty good! It's a nice little set as it is, but as you probably already know, it also includes some compact steering parts (6571 , 6574) that just happen to be ridiculously expensive.

1 minute ago, Gnac said:

Pretty good! It's a nice little set as it is, but as you probably already know, it also includes some compact steering parts (6571 , 6574) that just happen to be ridiculously expensive.

Indeed, that's the main reason I jumped on it, this will go in the parts collection :grin:

On 2016-12-17 at 3:59 PM, BusterHaus said:

Just ordered the 42055 BWE from Costco.ca for $200, regular price is $330 Canadian. Big thanks to @dr_spock for the heads up. 

BWE is still available, it isn't 199.99 anymore, but it is still quite cheap at only $240 (my younger brother actually bought it when it was 199.00), so I get to build my 42043, and he is gonna want help with his 42055.

Also, the Claas Xerion 42054 is at Costco for $179.99, which is $229.99 at Lego S@H.

I managed to get one of those $199.99 CDN BWEs last week...amazing deal.

Today I snagged a mint sealed 8110 Unimog for the original MSRP ($250CDN)!

55 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I managed to get one of those $199.99 CDN BWEs last week...amazing deal.

Today I snagged a mint sealed 8110 Unimog for the original MSRP ($250CDN)!

Nice!

Where do you guys buy from?

I use BrickLink, any other spots I should know about?

On 2016-12-23 at 10:47 PM, DrJB said:

never seen any Technic sets on costco.com ... only City. :(

They don't have much of a selection, but the prices are pretty good, just remember you need a Costco membership, which costs $50 CAD.

Edited by XtremeBuilder

On 2016-12-24 at 11:53 AM, XtremeBuilder said:

They don't have much of a selection, but the prices are pretty good, just remember you need a Costco membership, which costs $50 CAD.

OK, no need for a Costco membership/card actually. :sweet: