Sign in to follow this  
simonwillems

Seven-wide Car

indexed.gif V-LV-08B

Hello my fellow Eurobrickers!

A while ago I started to do some experimenting with cars in more than four-wide for my town. I made a few cars in six wide with SNOT-techniques and this red one in seven-wide.

I will post some pictures of the other two cars in a few days (they are in my parents house and I am not..)

It is not possible to seat any minfigures inside, but I made some real working suspension. When the car is pushed down the wheels ar covered. with those wonderful suspension axles lego produced years ago it's a perfect fit.

Click the images to enlarge and tell me what you think.

p2054004.jpg_thumb.jpg

p2054005.jpg_thumb.jpg

The Brickshelf folder

Very nice. I think I never saw a car MOC with this much plates before, very interesting. 8-| *y*

Cool car! I like cars wider than four studs. Too bad there can't be minifigs inside.

The grill is very nice. Reminds me of BMW

Nice car Simon. I really like those older cars.

Is this based on a real model?

Did you know this is your 1000th post?

Did you know this is your 1000th post?

I only realised when I noticed the purple star iso the blue one :-D

Nice car Simon. I really like those older cars.

Is this based on a real model?

Thanks! It is in fact not based on a real car or model, like I wrote I was just experimenting a little and it became this red "lowrider".

Because it's seven wide but has the basic suspension-axels I had to use many, many jumperbricks to make a two wide base in the middle for the axels, but it was nice working on a model that was this small but very complex.

Wonderful. The 6-wide-look is even better, they are sooo cute and lovely, especially the cab (with wipers)! *wub*

I must admit that the cab is not my own design, it was placed on brickshelf before by someone else and I used it as inspiration for the policecar and the red car.

:-)

Nice car, is it based on any sort at all? Reminds me very much so of a cadilac, looking forward to seeing your other two cars but you seem to be doing classic cars alot, why not try something diffrent like a super car?

Just a little inspiration.

Mr Willems, is this car MOC supposed to be the same kind of car in your avatar image?

Something like it (Buick or Chevrolet), at least from the same time period. I'm a big fan of really big American cars from the late fifties with lots of chrome and fins.

Nice car, is it based on any sort at all? Reminds me very much so of a cadilac, looking forward to seeing your other two cars but you seem to be doing classic cars alot, why not try something diffrent like a super car?

Just a little inspiration.

Thanks for the compliments!

Super cars are different, and very hard to do because of the round shapes and arodynamics, I tried building a Ferrari F40 once but it didn't turn out quite well.

The classic American cars are somewhat more blocky and can be made more realistic out of Lego than a supercar. Especially in twelve wide (like my avatar) but also in six wide.

I am impressed though by the "Cool Cars" set Lego brought out and with the newer pieces available maybe I try the ultimate supercar one day...