Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Personally, I love the look of the new AT-TE. It's going to be a rough year for my wallet (I'll probably feel compelled to buy two), what with this and the Iron Man 3 sets. For what it's worth, though, I think that the JEK-14 starfighter is similar enough to an E-wing that there can't be a coincidence. As for the minifigs, my guesses are, L to R, R4-series astromech, Senate guard with force shield, Jedi in clone trooper armor, and some sort of camouflage sniper (could be a clone at that resolution.)

I like both sets.

The AT-TE looks a little bit better than the older and this is the most wanted for me.

The starfighter is nice and big.

All minifigures are very interesting. I think Mace Windu has new legprinting, and the clone's gun can be a new one.

I hate that they keep rehashing previous sets, but I guess I understand why they bring back sets like the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, even when they're not all that different. If Lego could keep it to like, at least 4 or 5 years between versions, that would help.

Edited by Studebricker

I hate that they keep rehashing previous sets, but I guess I understand why they bring back sets like the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, even when they're not all that different. If Lego could keep it to like, at least 4 or 5 years between versions, that would help.

It has been 5 years since the last AT-TE was released by LEGO. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to have been very much improvement in that 5 years on the design of the AT-TE. Nice range of minifigures come with it. As for JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter, that looks interesting now. Very interesting. Hopefully pictures of the other sets come in the next few days.

The AT-TE is not too bad, I never had one of the other ones, so this is a good opprotunity for people like me to maybe get one. I've never had a Mace either, so I need him for my collection and then Coleman makes a wonderful addition to any jedi team, you have to admit. It would be really nice to get a non-CW Aayla Secura and maybe another female Jedi, How about Bultar Swan? I'd actually like to see all the Pentaki Jedi from ep 2. That would be too sweet.

For some reason, as soon as I saw the blue minifigure in JEK-14's starfighter, I thought of nrg Jay from ninjago. And why would the Jedi with armour have one bright blue arm?

For some reason, as soon as I saw the blue minifigure in JEK-14's starfighter, I thought of nrg Jay from ninjago. And why would the Jedi with armour have one bright blue arm?

He's JEK-14, i assume. I mean he's the same as the guy at the end of TYC trailer.

Wow, these sure look good, I believe I even spot some new weapons.. those figs look great, Coleman, Windu, even the droids :wub:

Thanks a lot for the pictures :thumbup:

He's JEK-14, i assume. I mean he's the same as the guy at the end of TYC trailer.

Im going to gues he is a cloned JEdi Knignt. That would be an interesting story.

Does that mean that there is 13 other cloned Jedi knights as he is the 14th?

Edited by howie28

The new sets look good. I missed out on the last AT-TE. The figs look interesting, always nice to get more(new) Jedi. Now I can add another name that I learned thanks to LEGO to my list. :grin: I think it was Oky(?) you mentioned it...does that guy have a trans blue arm?! That other ship is a neat design too, even though I'm clueless about it.

Why does lego treat lego printing like some sort of game of roulette? 2 out of 3 figures in the AT TE have leg printing...did the budget just run out? Are they trying to send some sort of coded message based around ratios of printed to unprinted?!

It makes my collection look bizarre - as if different sets come from different themes.

Printed legs add so much so stop messing us about, either do it or don't, just be consistent

I see where people are getting that it looks like an E-Wing but to me it kinda looks like a cross between an E-Wing and the Z-95. It might be a predecesor to the E-Wing as the designers of that fighter were ex-Incom empoloyes and Incom did produce the Z-95. Or it could be a heavily modiffied Z-95 with the engines moved from hugging the fuseluge to on the wing tips.

The AT-TE looks great, love the figures! FINALLY an AOTC/Non-animated Phase I Clone Commander! :grin:

There does appear to be a lack of regular clones, I hope this will be resolved in the next wave?

Gaetano

The AT-TE looks great, love the figures! FINALLY an AOTC/Non-animated Phase I Clone Commander! :grin:

There does appear to be a lack of regular clones, I hope this will be resolved in the next wave?

Gaetano

I agree the lack of clones is horrible. But on the positive side it looks like every set will come with a special clone. So we got a Sargent in the battle pack. AT-TE comes with a commander. So I'm guessing the RGS comes with a captain or a lieutenant clone.

I don't see too many differences between that and the old one? Again, I am sure there will be some when we get pictures of the actual sets. Nice find though :thumbup:

The front section is built in a complete different way. The old one used upside down ship hull parts (I think) and the new one is built with sloped bricks and hinged plates.