Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards TC.

Well, did you get him? I got mine today and I must say, I'm happy I did-cool fig!

If you already have MMV, I'd say go for Diagon Alley. I would think they will disappear around the same time, but this is a pretty hard decision.

I don't think they'll be disappearing at the same time. MMV came out quite a bit before Diagon Alley, did it not? Either way, I too would get Diagon Alley. It's a great set with a lot of figs, a few being exclusives. The buildings(the build, as well) are great, too.

I don't think they'll be disappearing at the same time. MMV came out quite a bit before Diagon Alley, did it not? Either way, I too would get Diagon Alley. It's a great set with a lot of figs, a few being exclusives. The buildings(the build, as well) are great, too.

Considering DA is a licensed set, and that Lego doesn't have HP anymore, I'd say it will disappear sooner than normal. I could be wrong though.

Hello everybody! As I mentioned in my previous forum, I am not an experienced Lego builder. I'm quite into Lego Ninjago 2012 wave, more than the 2011 wave,LOTR, Collectable Minifigures or Dino. I'm quite into Monster Fighters, but I can imagine my mother's face when I brought home a hearse, graveyard with zombies and a train filled with ghosts.- :cry_sad: (She's quite superstitious).

Never Mind, back to the topic, I am deciding on which Ninjago 2012 summer sets to buy(inclusive of spinners and booster packs), to make things easier, here are a list of summer 2012 Ninjago sets. (Taken from Brickipedia)

9447 Lasha's Bite Cycle

9448 Samurai Mech

9449 Ultra Sonic Raider

9450 Epic Dragon Battle

9554 Zane ZX

9555 Mezmo

9556 Bytar

9557 Lizaru

9570 NRG-Jay

9571 Fangdam

9572 NRG-Cole

9573 Slithraa

9574 Lloyd ZX

9579 Starter Set

9590 NRG-Zane

Edited by Rick
Merged into the "Which set should I buy?" topic

Hey Omega X, in order for us to advise you, could you please provide us with some additional information? What's your budget and are you into Ninjago for the figures, parts, or both?

Edited by Donut

Hello everybody! As I mentioned in my previous forum, I am not an experienced Lego builder. I'm quite into Lego Ninjago 2012 wave, more than the 2011 wave,LOTR, Collectable Minifigures or Dino. I'm quite into Monster Fighters, but I can imagine my mother's face when I brought home a hearse, graveyard with zombies and a train filled with ghosts.- :cry_sad: (She's quite superstitious).

Never Mind, back to the topic, I am deciding on which Ninjago 2012 summer sets to buy(inclusive of spinners and booster packs), to make things easier, here are a list of summer 2012 Ninjago sets. (Taken from Brickipedia)

9448 Samurai Mech

9449 Ultra Sonic Raider

9450 Epic Dragon Battle

I'm not very much into Ninjago, but these sets are pretty cool looking and all have pretty nice figs. Plus, you get all four ninjas, plus the green one and that cool purple snake fig. Plus Samurai X. I'd at least start off with these three.

Hey Omega X, in order for us to advise you, could you please provide us with some additional information? What's your budget and are you into Ninjago for the figures, parts, or both?

I'm not very much into Ninjago, but these sets are pretty cool looking and all have pretty nice figs. Plus, you get all four ninjas, plus the green one and that cool purple snake fig. Plus Samurai X. I'd at least start off with these three.

Hey good question Donut! I've never actually thought of that! But better late than never! :laugh: I'm (to be honest) not actually considering the budget but I still thinks that it wavers up to...*thinks*...US150?US160? For your second question, I think that it is more of a likeness for snakes :wink: . So, answering your question, both

Nice point, Legocrazy81. Sure enough it makes a very good '3 in 1 pack',right? My 'plan' here is to collect all four/five tribe generals in order to create a MOC for "'Bow to your master! Bow to your master Serpentine !"', which I am sure a lot of members will do so too. Who doesn't like that scene? I'm also planning to get these three for the time being. I will watch other reviews first before I make further judgments.

P.S. Pity the Serpentine train set is not released, right? http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120504013024/lego/images/thumb/4/4c/SnakeTrain.jpg/250px-SnakeTrain.jpg

I'm also intending to post my first review and MOC soon. The problem is to post which first?

Hey guys! I decided that after years of paying £1000's on LEGO, I want to start afresh and get a new collection.

My current budget is £20 for one set. So far looking at 4435, the Caravan is a nce touch or 4441.

Any ideas guys? Thanks :)

I'm torn between two City sets :-/

Either 4435 or 4441. Anyone?

4435's got two nice 'civilian' minifigs, and could have been a great set, but it's too simplified for my taste. The caravan isn't that well designed. I'd rather go with 4441 - the sports car is one of the best in years, and the van is nice, too.

My two cents, anyway.

I'm torn between two City sets :-/

Either 4435 or 4441. Anyone?

Merged into the "Which set should I buy?" thread.

4435's got two nice 'civilian' minifigs, and could have been a great set, but it's too simplified for my taste. The caravan isn't that well designed. I'd rather go with 4441 - the sports car is one of the best in years, and the van is nice, too.

My two cents, anyway.

I gotta agree with this. 4435 is definitely a nice set. But that caravan is just lacking. I like the figs, the green torso is one of my all time favorites. The new female torso is always welcome in a City layout. From the outside, the trailer is great, but the interior is just not good. I'd still recommend getting it. It's a nice set and the build is pretty good. The way the trailer closes is a nice and clever trick.

I need a generic female minifig torso. The only criteria for the torso is that it looks good on a regular civilian minifig, it's for a female, and it's yellow, not flesh.

I'd prefer to buy a small set with the torso, rather than ordering one off of Bricklink. So, any suggestions?

I need a generic female minifig torso. The only criteria for the torso is that it looks good on a regular civilian minifig, it's for a female, and it's yellow, not flesh.

I'd prefer to buy a small set with the torso, rather than ordering one off of Bricklink. So, any suggestions?

You could get this :laugh:

Or more reasonably, the Car and Caravan.

Cheers for the input. Will probably go with 4435 as I like the minifigs.

Have $56 left on my lego card and 15 on my VIP... should I take back the following for credit: farnsworth house, creator light house and the new city tipper truck for $120? That would give me close to $200 for the LOTR sets that drop this month...

Have $56 left on my lego card and 15 on my VIP... should I take back the following for credit: farnsworth house, creator light house and the new city tipper truck for $120? That would give me close to $200 for the LOTR sets that drop this month...

Depends. What do you like more? Those sets or LOTR? Personally, I would give the stuff for credit and have the $200 for LOTR. Cause with your total amount ($172, I believe) you could get the 9474 Battle of Helm's Deep, 9471 Uruk-hai Army, and 9469 Gandalf Arrives.That's what I would do, but it is up to you. :classic:

Edited by Commander Law

Agreed. Wild card here though - the MMV is almost gone... some sort of combo perhaps? MMV and save for helms deep?

Ok, so I think you are saying get Helm's Deep and MMV. Well if that's the case, yes that is a good awesome combo. Plus, you would tons of minifigures. :classic:

Didn't want to make a new thread for this and thought this the best place to put this. At my local TRU(Northern California). They had Monster Fighters, City(mining), Creator and Ninjago. No Licensed stuff or "Hospital".

which two of these three?

Town Hall, R2D2, Pet Shop?

I already have one Pet Shop but I think I want another so I can have the two house halves together (one is a bit lonely), and mod the second shop into a different store. I don't have a Town Hall but it doesn't particularly appeal to me as a build - I'd be buying it more for having it in my collection (Pet shop, Fire brigade, cafe corner, grand emporium). But it might make a nice standalone addition not in the street, maybe build a fountain/park in front of it.

Since you don't find Town Hall appealing, go with R2-D2 and Pet Shop. R2-D2 looks amazing and you already have ideas on what to do with the Pet Shop.

I already have one Pet Shop but I think I want another so I can have the two house halves together (one is a bit lonely), and mod the second shop into a different store. I don't have a Town Hall but it doesn't particularly appeal to me as a build - I'd be buying it more for having it in my collection (Pet shop, Fire brigade, cafe corner, grand emporium). But it might make a nice standalone addition not in the street, maybe build a fountain/park in front of it.

Man, what a tough call! Here's what I think. I'd wait on another 10218, I'd save that buy till it's about to be retired. Now, the others...I suppose since you don't really have an interest in 10224, which really is a great set and build, I think. I would take a look(possibly second) at the review here. I wouldn't get a set if you didn't like it just because you have others, especially at that price.

So, that leaves 10225. I'm not going to say to get it just by default. It REALLY is an awesome set. The build is insanely fun. Seeing him come together after each bag seriously bought a smile to my face. I have him proudly displayed and I can't help but smile when I look at him.

Verdict is, I would definitely take a second look at 10224 Town Hall because it is a great set/build. But, if you just do not like it, go with 10225 R2-D2, he is insanely awesome.

Hi

i just found yesterday in my "hidden" toy store a sealed 10199 Winter Toy Shop. This set is from 2009 and still there for the listprice 59.99€...

I see a good chance getting it cheaper because its 3 years old plus out of season! I did read the reviews. Wgat do you think, it is a wothy set? Funnily i would get this at bricklink for 45€ plus shipping, also sealed.

Dino

Hi

i just found yesterday in my "hidden" toy store a sealed 10199 Winter Toy Shop. This set is from 2009 and still there for the listprice 59.99€...

I see a good chance getting it cheaper because its 3 years old plus out of season! I did read the reviews. Wgat do you think, it is a wothy set? Funnily i would get this at bricklink for 45€ plus shipping, also sealed.

Dino

Definitely, buy the Toy Shop. It's a good set.

Gandalf Arrives

Captain America's Avenging Cycle

Catwoman's Cycle City Chase or

Endor Battlepack

Which one should I get with

Batwing or Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape with Superman and Power Armour Lex