Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Which option shall I get:

OPTION 1:

70000 - Razcal's Glider, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker and 70006 - Cragger's Command Ship.

OPTION 2:

70000 - Razcal's Glider, 70003 - Eris Eagle Interceptor, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker and 70013 - Equila Ultra Striker.

OPTION 3:

70004 - Wakz Pack Tracker, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker and 70006 - Cragger's Command Ship.

OPTION 4:

70000 - Razcal's Glider, 70005 - Laval's Royal Striker, 70012 - Razar's CHI Raider and 70013 - Equila Ultra Striker.

THE PICTURES OF THE SETS ARE IN MY PHOTOSTREAM, AND IN THE LoC SET. Please reply. :classic:

Which option shall I get:

*snip*

Get none of those sets unless you really want them :classic: , I foresee that series being 50% of or more in less than a years time, instead you should get another set such as one from the superheroes 2013 line like arkham asylum or the tumbler vs bat. If you really want the chima sets go for option 1 because of the boat

Get none of those sets unless you really want them :classic: , I foresee that series being 50% of or more in less than a years time, instead you should get another set such as one from the superheroes 2013 line like arkham asylum or the tumbler vs bat. If you really want the chima sets go for option 1 because of the boat

Thanks for your opinion Kez, I shall get TDKR set and the Batboat set. But Chima is replacing TMNT, IMO it's much better looking and I love the minifigs.

^ Good on you, the figures are really cool from the chima sets but I can't say I'm too keen on the sets themselves except from the craggers crocodile command ship which I think is really cool, I will probably get one small TMNT set purely for the figures (krangs lab).

Thanks for your opinion Kez, I shall get TDKR set and the Batboat set. But Chima is replacing TMNT, IMO it's much better looking and I love the minifigs.

While it appears you've made your mind up, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I think option 2, the Eagle vehicles are both great and you can't really go wrong with any of the figs. I'm not sure what you mean by Chima replacing TMNT?(unless you meant personally...)

While it appears you've made your mind up, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I think option 2, the Eagle vehicles are both great and you can't really go wrong with any of the figs. I'm not sure what you mean by Chima replacing TMNT?(unless you meant personally...)

Thanks for your opinion Legocrazy81, I was highly considering option 2 because the eagle vehicles are so amazing looking, so are the minifigs. And what I meant was by replacing TMNT, I was going to get the TMNT line. But now it's all about Chima.

In this christmas my parents, give me the oportunity to choose a lego set; but I do not know what to buy. I'm between Lego Batman and Lego The lord of the rings or Hobbit's sets. So which one I choose? Help me! I mean, well Batman is a very cool stuff however there are few sets, meanwhile, Lego LOTR or Hobbit's sets, are giving a second wave the new year is coming.

Im between the Lego Batman Batcave/Arkham asylum or Lego Hobbit King goblin/Helm Deep battle :grin:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat over a little boys shoulder to let him know the world hadn’t ended.” - Batman, The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by Ricecracker
Scaled down font size

It really depends on the set you're getting; me personally, I prefer The Hobbit as a whole cause it's Tolkien, LOTR, etc. The only Batman/DC Superheroes set I really want is the Bat vs. Bane Tumbler chase but other than that I've never really been into the theme.

So yeah, on the whole go with The Hobbit.

This might be better off in the what should I buy thread?

Honestly it will depend on what you like? I have a bunch of both and love them. I think in general, the Batman sets typically have a bit more play value, while the LotR and Hobbit sets have a better display value.

In this christmas my parents, give me the oportunity to choose a lego set; but I do not know what to buy. I'm between Lego Batman and Lego The lord of the rings or Hobbit's sets. So which one I choose? Help me! I mean, well Batman is a very cool stuff however there are few sets, meanwhile, Lego LOTR or Hobbit's sets, are giving a second wave the new year is coming.

Im between the Lego Batman Batcave/Arkham asylum or Lego Hobbit King goblin/Helm Deep battle :grin:

I've merged this into the "Which set should I buy?" thread. Please have a look around before starting topics in the future. Do not change the font size for no reason, and do remember that Eurobricks is a site for adults. Thanks.

Lego Hobbit or Lego Batman's sets? Im between the Lego Batcave/Arkham Asylum or Lego King goblin battle/ Helm Deep's battle. I would like to know your opinion :grin:

Edited by Claussayshoho

There is already topic devoted to this sort of inquiries in the General Discussion and News forum. Moving this post there...

Ok, so I am stuck between some CMF's. I can get either the S1 Robot, or the S1 clown and a few other misc. minifigs. I like both, but I get more figs with the Clown. But, the Robot is a definite favorite. So, which set should I buy? Well, moreso which figs should I buy?

Lego Hobbit or Lego Batman's sets? Im between the Lego Batcave/Arkham Asylum or Lego King goblin battle/ Helm Deep's battle. I would like to know your opinion :grin:

I don't own Goblin King Battle or Arkham Asylum, but I do own The Batcave and Helm's Deep. In my opinion, go with Lord of the Rings.

Nevermind my last post. I made some eBay bids and ende up getting the Robot and the Circus Clown, for about $24.53 USD. Pretty good buy, cinsidering that is just over the usual price for those individually, and they were sealed. I am really excited for these to come!!! :grin:

Okay, guys, I'm a bit torn here. So I have a fair amount of cash because of Christmas/My birthday and all of that (With some more expected soon in the mail), so I'm looking at some of the Monster Fighter sets I don't have yet (Frankenstein, Ghost Train, and the Castle). Outside of that, there's also some of the superhero stuff coming out (Like Arkham).

Thing is, I like the Frankenstein set because of the minifigs, and the play feature is neat, but I'm not sure about the model itself (It looks a little too open, though the tower bit is awesome) and the car looks a little wonky.

The train's main appeal is the ghosts of course (And the fact the engine looks like if Thomas the Tank went goth), but the only caveat is that I have too many Lego vehicles and not enough locations. That and I can get the ghosts in the polybag.

The castle's the best bet, since the model is pure eye candy and it has more play features than you can shake a stick at, but I'm a little weary on the price. (To me, it's not every day I drop $100 on a set). If I can find it for a cheaper price, I'll do it, but ATM, I'm unsure.

As for Arkham, I don't have any other Batman sets, so I'm not sure if I should dive into a huge set like this so soon (And the fact it's D2C isn't helping).

Of those, the absolute best that I have seen and built is Helms Deep. It is gorgeous and a spectacularly fun and detailed build. Although it looks like Arkham may give it a good run it that regard. If you find a good sale on Helms Deep grab it. You should be able to get it for half Arkham's cost.

The Batcave is a good truly fun play set. Especially it you have the Batmobile from the Two Face Chase set that fits in it. Looks wise your mileage may vary. I always think it looks like an old Nintendo video game screen. The build is nothing spectacular and its shelf display value is more limited. (And the funhouse does that better)

Goblin King Battle is in my opinion a mixed bag. The King and the central build of his throne are fantastic, and that part makes a great display piece. Happily at home on desk or bookshelf. Just wonderful. The bridge section is decent and a fun build with some good play. The other little brown lumps are worthless filler, and none of the set actually connects. It does have a ton of useful MOC parts however.

So I saw the pit at my toys r us. Was really pumped to see it but then I came to my senses. The pit has 380 pieces and is $80. What? Right next to it was the Hobbit set An Unexpected Gathering which has 652 pieces and was $85. That's a 252 piece difference for $5. As much as I want the Rancor set I can't justify the piece and price point. What do you guys think? Pass or get the Hobbit set instead?

Edited by Ogilegoreviews81

I'm not generally a Star Wars buyer but I will eventually pick up this set. Does it have a high price point- Yes, but the Rancor and the gate are new moulds and it looks like a fun, playable set. Maybe one to wait for a discount on.

See my review. It was $65 at my TRU. Then I bought a $35 set to break $100 and got $25 off for spending over $100. That brought the rancor set down a bit. I got the Uruk-hai army set for $36.99. If you take the $25 off just the Rancir set that comes out to only $40. Not too bad when you think of it that way.

So I saw the pit at my toys r us. Was really pumped to see it but then I came to my senses. The pit has 380 pieces and is $80. What? Right next to it was the Hobbit set An Unexpected Gathering which has 652 pieces and was $85. That's a 252 piece difference for $5. As much as I want the Rancor set I can't justify the piece and price point. What do you guys think? Pass or get the Hobbit set instead?

Topic merged into here.