Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I'm considering ordering Luke's Landspeeder off SAH, but Swamp Speeder looks good too. I'm also thinkin' about Freeco Speeder or Tri-Fighter.

Okay so my birthday is June 21st. I was wondering if I should ask for more money for brickfair or ask for the imperial flagship. I do have a summer job so no worries that if i ask for the flagship i'll be broke for brickfair.

I'm considering ordering Luke's Landspeeder off SAH, but Swamp Speeder looks good too. I'm also thinkin' about Freeco Speeder or Tri-Fighter.

Can you only choose one of them? If I was to choose one I would go for Luke's Landspeeder but thats because I like OT better.

There is a used 7666 Echo Base I might be able to snag for about 60 bucks. Should I? :sceptic:

Well, the Tri-Fighter has the best price-to-parts ratio out of the four. I agree that the Swamp Speeder is a neat set though. It depends whether you like OT or PT better and if you're interested in minifigs or the sets.

Okay so my birthday is June 21st. I was wondering if I should ask for more money for brickfair or ask for the imperial flagship. I do have a summer job so no worries that if i ask for the flagship i'll be broke for brickfair.

Well, I always prefer getting a set rather than money, but then again, you could get more money than the flagship is worth, so you'd be better off, especially if you can snatch some good deals on brickfair. I don't know how it is with deals at brickfair, so I can't judge that.

There is a used 7666 Echo Base I might be able to snag for about 60 bucks. Should I? :sceptic:

You again? :tongue: And what happened to your green writing? Anyway, I'd save the money for Wampa attack and the BPs. You get more and better figs this way, and you can always mod the wampa cave into the Echo Base door.

You again? :tongue: And what happened to your green writing? Anyway, I'd save the money for Wampa attack and the BPs. You get more and better figs this way, and you can always mod the wampa cave into the Echo Base door.

It's complicated. It all happened after a conversation with The Crazy One. He is using green and he said he do purple next. So I'm doing this to aggravate him. :tongue: (Also purple is my 2nd favorite color) This thing about saving money. I got quite a bit right now and I get a paycheck. :grin: I already have the BPs too. I'm going against you on this one. I'm going to have every modern Hoth set except this one (and the AT-AT). I'm going to have to see what unfold on Ebay over the next hours.

EDIT: The used one is up to 77 and that's to high for me. I'd expect the others to go the same. :sceptic:

Edited by JCC1004

The used one is up to 77 and that's to high for me. I'd expect the others to go the same. :sceptic:

So you will go with my suggestion after all? *does victory dance* :grin: Well, since you already have the BPs, you can either get a second batch or get another 7749, considering the Wampa Attack is Tauntaun-less.

Luke's landspeeder (2010) Or Clone trooper battle pack + Assasin Battle pack

Definitely the BPs. Not only do they have a better value, they also will probably be discontinued soon, so grab 'em while you can. :thumbup:

Sure, you should get it. But then you'll have to get all the Hoth sets for this year, and if you don't already, the Hoth set from 2009.

I have about 250 dollars, and I am thinking if I should buy the 10210 Imperial Flagship. It seems like a cool set, but the price is obnoxious. It's 70 dollars more than the Market Village, but it only has 60 pieces more or so. I checked Bricklink and Ebay, and neither has it. Do you guys think that it's a good buy, and do you think I should buy it with my limited resources and all?

Please Help! :pir-sceptic:

What doesn't Bricklink have? Here is the link to the catalog entry. I hope this helps. :classic:

Edited by Ricecracker

If you are really into Lego pirates and you love big, 3-masted warships appsolutly. It is in my opinion the best sailing ship Lego has ever made. It combines all of the cool features of the Skull Eyes Schooner and the Black Seas Beracuda into one big massive warship and it adds even neater features on top of that. It is the biggest warship Lego has ever made and it is sure to be a major collectors item when it is discontinued. I bought two of them and when I put the first one together I was so impressed that I am seriously contemplating putting the other one together.

I’m going to have to second that, buy it! It’s worth the price tag IMHO, if for no other reason than the pieces you get.

Thus far I only see three things I don’t like about it; bow is unstable (put in some supports then it’s great), the modular deck doesn’t really have much to hold on to, and finally the cabin isn’t really original in its design (looks like Brickbeard’s ship). I’d add that the Flagship is a good base to start an even better ship, as I mentioned it does need a few add-ons, I put some swivel guns on the poop deck.

Buy it, dress it up with your own designs and play, that’s all I can tell you.

I have about 250 dollars, and I am thinking if I should buy the 10210 Imperial Flagship. It seems like a cool set, but the price is obnoxious. It's 70 dollars more than the Market Village, but it only has 60 pieces more or so. I checked Bricklink and Ebay, and neither has it. Do you guys think that it's a good buy, and do you think I should buy it with my limited resources and all?

Please Help! :pir-sceptic:

I have merged your topic into this discussion. Please follow up your question in this topic.

Thanks.

WhiteFang

Should I buy Brickbeard's Bounty or save for the Imperial Flagship? I have all the pirates in BB (the parts to make them are in most of the sets and battle packs, etc) and the whole Pirate line besides the ships.

Should I buy Brickbeard's Bounty or save for the Imperial Flagship? I have all the pirates in BB (the parts to make them are in most of the sets and battle packs, etc) and the whole Pirate line besides the ships.

If you buy it, and still be able to calculate how much money you can save up for the IF, go ahead and buy BB.

Save. Imperial Flag Ship looks more finished with its complete deck. Besides it has more realistic sails and masts. The only thing that really speaks for Brickbeard's Bounty is its color scheme. Dark red and gold... mmm :wub:

Hey guys, I'll be driving 5 hours tomorrow to go to the "biggest Pick a Brick in the world" in the Orlando Lego Imagination Center. I'm mainly going for the PAB and plan on spending a pretty penny there, but I also want to pick up a set or 2 because and take advantage of the "Same Day Air" shipping. :wink:

I haven't made up my mind yet on which sets to get. I want to get a bigger set, preferably a hard to find or S@H exclusive, something I can't find in the local TRU, Target, etc.

Just some things about my collecting:

-I collect PT and CW, no OT (with few exceptions)

-After my dark ages I have been in the "Republic Army" mindset.

And just so I don't get suggestions for sets I already have, I will list them:

-2x AT-TE 7675

-2x Republic Gunship 7676

-1x Republic Dropship / AT-OT

-2x ARC-170 (1 new, 1 older version)

Ok, and now is my biggest question: I am considering getting a second Dropship/AT-OT, as I love the set. I would also be tempted to get the Tantive IV, but not both - because I also want to buy a few PAB cups. I like the Tantive IV because its color scheme is similar to the Republic theme and would go nicely with the rest of my sets.

One thing that bothers me about the Tantive IV though is the lack of landing gear, and I'm not 100% sold on the design/shape of it, especially the cockpit, or how stable it would be. I would have to build the landing gear for this set if I bought it.

I am also considering the Republic Attack Shuttle, which I would have to modify right out of the box.

To those who have one or all 3 of these sets, which would you get?

1. Tantive IV + Republic Attack Shuttle

2. Republic Dropship + Republic Attack Shuttle

or forget the Shuttle completely?

I look forward to your responses :)

I am also considering the Republic Attack Shuttle, which I would have to modify right out of the box.

To those who have one or all 3 of these sets, which would you get?

1. Tantive IV + Republic Attack Shuttle

2. Republic Dropship + Republic Attack Shuttle

Hmmm... IMO, the best set in that list is the RAS. I would get the 1st option, just because you already have an AT-OT/Dropship.

I would get the Tantive IV, mostly because of the high price to parts ratio for the AT-OT set (14 cents per part instead of the usual 10-11!). Of course, the AT-OT is a very massive set for its price (I've seen it myself in a LEGO Store and it's huge!), but since you already have a copy of it, you wouldn't really need a second one. If you buy the Tantive IV set, you also get a very detailed and exclusive Captain Antilles minifig, and the value of the set may rise in the future because it's the flagship anniversary set. Not to mention, the Tantive IV has all printed parts, while the AT-OT set has a truckload of stickers!

I'm not sure whether or not you should get the RAS - it does look very cool, but the height of the interior is way too low. I do like the flick-fire magazine, though.

Of course, in the end the decision is all up to you, so good luck! :classic:

I keep looking at the RAS and I just can't stand the blocky shape of it. It's too small compared to the real thing, too. I like the Tantive IV but I'll have to build the landing gear. I wish I knew what I needed for it since I'll be at the PAB already.

Hard decision!

Actually, there is a topic on "What LEGO Set should I buy?" topic in here.

However, since you have a genuine concern to seek, I will let this topic to remain here for a few hours, before I decides to merge it together.

Oh, and a much related note, even though I don't own the Tantive IV and AT-OT, but I do own the RAS, and my advice is, keep that set inside your buying list. I really like that set, since it's pretty much quite iconic inside the CW movie.

It's not on your list, but isn't a Venator essential to a Republic army? :sceptic::tongue:

If not, then I'd go for the Dropship and the Shuttle.

Thank you WhiteFang, I didn't see that thread.

It's not on your list, but isn't a Venator essential to a Republic army? :sceptic::tongue:

If not, then I'd go for the Dropship and the Shuttle.

Don't even get me started on the Venator.. it would have to be minifig scale for me to consider one. :tongue:

I'll keep an open mind until I get to the store.

By the way.. I've been watching CW, and noticed this ship, which looks like the precursor to the Tantive IV. I'm not sure if they share the same landing gear, however.

post-9704-1268365314.jpg

I would say the tantive just because you dont have it and it is a bit more valuable than the AT OT dropship imo. I dont own either of them so I would have no idea which is the better one to own