Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Toys R Us currently has Dimensions story packs for $29.99. I almost pulled the trigger on Fantastic Beasts...but was curious, as it seems Dimensions may be on the outs, is that likely to be the best price we'll see or will they be clearances muxh like other like toys are?

Any opinion on 42060 (Technic Roadwork Crew) and 42061 (Technic Telehandler)? 42061 is $10 more expensive than 42060 despite having fewer pieces. However, I do like the function of 42061 better. The B model for 42060 (snowplow) is quite interesting though.

7 minutes ago, wgemini said:

Any opinion on 42060 (Technic Roadwork Crew) and 42061 (Technic Telehandler)? 42061 is $10 more expensive than 42060 despite having fewer pieces. However, I do like the function of 42061 better. The B model for 42060 (snowplow) is quite interesting though.

I have a similar dilemma. However, I personally prefer Technic Roadwork crew.

The Telehandler's functions work very well though, but I'm just not a fan of it due to how pricey it is.

In addition, 42060's B model is probably better than 42061's. I feel it's a matter of personal preference as both are excellent models in their own right.

I just bought the new Ninjago Dragon's Forge set. It is a wonderful set, but I picked it over The Lighthouse Siege. Was this a good decision or not?

I consider the Dragon's Forge the more impressive of the two sets. It has really elegant architecture as opposed to the run-down look of the lighthouse, includes a cool fusion dragon, and boasts some really awesome exclusive figs. I personally skipped the lighthouse and bought the forge.

However, the Lighthouse Siege, as an older set, will be retiring sooner and can be more easily found at a discount. So if you're at all interested in saving up for BOTH sets, then the lighthouse might be the better one to pick up sooner.

I got the AT-ST. (I did get it on little bit of a discount.) Plus the AT-ST is more of an iconic vehicle, so it could be put in more variety of places. 

What's the most affordable way to get into LEGO Modular Buildings?

Edit: I'm trying to do a town scene for Superhero fights.  Right now, I have "Medieval Market Village" and "Spider-Man Web Warriors Bridge Battle (x2)"

Edited by gundamz

On 26/04/2017 at 5:30 AM, gundamz said:

What's the most affordable way to get into LEGO Modular Buildings?

Edit: I'm trying to do a town scene for Superhero fights.  Right now, I have "Medieval Market Village" and "Spider-Man Web Warriors Bridge Battle (x2)"

If you want something to compliment Superheroes, I'd recommend Detective's Office, as I think it gives a strong Spider-Man vide I don't know why:grin:

Beond that, it's an interesting build and is very visually appealing, so I'd go for that. Although I warn you, it's a slippery slope; before long you'll own all of them!:tongue:

Edited by Sir Brickalot

I concur that the Detective's Office would be the best pick for a modular if you want something that fits with the Spider-Man Bridge. It definitely has that "New York" feel about it IMO.

Parisian Restaraunt or Detective's Office? I already have the Brick Bank and Grand Emporium so I need something that can go between them.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Parisian Restaraunt or Detective's Office? I already have the Brick Bank and Grand Emporium so I need something that can go between them.

Parisian restaurant is more widely acclaimed due to its unique design.  Detective office is fun too but its design is rather similar to pet shop and assembly square.

Temple of airjitzu or Assembly square?  Investing standpoint

Hi everyone,

so, after 15 years without LEGO (last set was the X -Wing 7191, how could I live so long like that? *huh* ), I have decided to get me a big one, and I hesitate between two very different (to my eyes) sets.

-THE Saturn V 21309

-the UCS Snowspeeder 75144

Which one would you recommend? Which is most interesting in terms of building technique and interest, displayability, overall design?

For the moment I tend to go for the Saturn V, not only for the 100€ less for 300 more parts, but also for size, and the fact that there are no stickers (though they seem to age well, the ones on my x-wing have not moved).

Thank you!

If I had the money, I'd get the Saturn V. Just a gut reaction, t h I'd like both, I'd also like the UCS Slave I... there's rumour of a new UCS falcon too.

Sorry, that's not helping.

I'd go with Saturn V!

19 minutes ago, Sebibucky said:

Which one would you recommend? Which is most interesting in terms of building technique and interest, displayability, overall design?

I'd go with the Saturn V if it's still available for order in your country and you have  a place to display it. :classic:

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I'd go with the Saturn V if it's still available for order in your country and you have  a place to display it. :classic:

OK thanks, that was more or less my first choice, now you have confirmed it (you and badgerboy)

I phoned my local LEGO store today, they should have received some boxes of this set, so I'll go tomorrow I think :classic: apparently the craze has died down so they last a few days when they restock.

P.S.: sorry if this was posted in the wrong place, thanks for moving it

I would still call ahead before going to the Lego Store and have them hold one for you until you get there.  There are still plenty of resellers trying to clean out local stock in order to flip them for a quick profit.  

10 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I would still call ahead before going to the Lego Store and have them hold one for you until you get there.  There are still plenty of resellers trying to clean out local stock in order to flip them for a quick profit.  

Just bought it, can't wait to get home tonight and start building with my wife :laugh:

If it can be of interest, they still have quite a few in stock at the Paris Lego shop. The vendor assured me that they now last 3-4 days with the stock they receive on Mondays.

Should I get 70912 Arkham Asylum or 70357 Knighton Castle? I've always wanted an Arkham set and it looks like the best so far, but KC is cheaper and would complete my Nexo collection (of sets I actually want from the theme). I intend on getting them both at some point, but which first?

Just now, Airbenderfreak said:

Should I get 70912 Arkham Asylum or 70357 Knighton Castle? I've always wanted an Arkham set and it looks like the best so far, but KC is cheaper and would complete my Nexo collection (of sets I actually want from the theme). I intend on getting them both at some point, but which first?

Arkham. It's a winter set as opposed to KC (summer set) so is more likely to retire earlier.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Arkham. It's a winter set as opposed to KC (summer set) so is more likely to retire earlier.

Thanks! That will definitely help with my decision!

Looking at the next couple months calendars and aside from the SW specific, there's no double VIP points until....when? I saw October's of last year had it, can we expect the same this year? Gonna make a big purchase and am curious if I should hold off. 

Edited by Vindicare