Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

So I went with the death star :) My next purchase will either be the imperial shuttle, tower bridge, the royal joust and earth defense set, or the vw van and shuttle expedition. Being playable, or a collectors item doesnt matter. Which tobuy? Thanks

So I went with the death star :) My next purchase will either be the imperial shuttle, tower bridge, the royal joust and earth defense set, or the vw van and shuttle expedition. Being playable, or a collectors item doesnt matter. Which tobuy? Thanks

How about the Joust and the Shuttle Expedition, but since the joust is going to be around for a while, I'd say the Earth Defence with Shuttle Expedition.

Hello folks, i can buy 10212 at cost $ 260. It is necessary for me or not? :)

Why YES:

- A series of Star Wars (except for the many sets of clone wars) is one of the few (also technic and modular buildings), which I like;

- Very good price (for Russia), usually it costs ~$365-450 depending on the different store;

- I have not bought any of UCS yet. So this set is a very detailed and minifigure-scaled ship model;

- This set is one of the last "to buy" in the my list (brickset) of must have sets for 2010, but this list is simply to change :)

Why NO:

- I don't like that a relatively large percentage of parts are technician - 28% of the total number of parts, not counting technic beams(old-school design);

- It's no good that white is the most distributed color in set, while the white turns yellow with time;

- The set is huge, and i can put it only on the cupboard, where it will be covered by dust;

- These money can be spent for 7965/8110/10218 from the list of must have sets for 2011 :)

To buy or not to buy, what do you think about that?

Edited by inquisitor88

inquisitor88

I have purchased only one Star Wars set and it was only because it was on sale, so I can't say anything about the build of any of these larger sets, but I would say the UCS sets exist for a good reason. That price does seem like it would be good, plus with it being a 2010 model, it would probably disappear and only increase in value/cost over time. I would say go for it, especially if it is on your "want to buy" list of 2010. The 2010s will be tougher and tougher to get, especially overseas (I'm from the states, so I only assume these things). If the price in Russia is normally almost $100 more, I say go for it. It does look impressive.

6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown, 6862 Superman Vs Power Armor Lex, or 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape? I can only get one, but maybe the others later.

6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown, 6862 Superman Vs Power Armor Lex, or 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape? I can only get one, but maybe the others later.

I would say buy 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape. That Iron Man fig is amazing, Hawkeye's bow is beautiful, and the jeep itself is pretty nice.

I´m going to buy one of this. I prefer the TIE (almost of my collection is from the OT) but the starfighter is really cool (and its stickers :sadnew: ). I have a X-Wing and a Tie Advanced, so, a Tie Fighter will be a great complement. I have the Emperor´s Shuttle from Ep.III, if i bought the 9494 I will complete the Mustafar part, that wolud be fine.

PS: If I choose the 9494, I will buy it in the official shop; how long it takes the shipping? I´m from Spain.

Thanks

I don't have the 9494 so I can't say anything to that end, but if you can get 9492 on sale I would absolutely recommend it. The model is easily one of the most impressive system-scale sets I've seen. The figures aren't bad either, nothing too extraordinary but cool nonetheless.

I can't say for sure as of now, but I'd probably go with Wolverine. Great figs and vehicle, plus Dark Red! :wub: Tomorrow I should have all three in which case I'll say which ones the best of them. :classic:

I'm planning to run to LEGO store to get the chromed TC-14 May 4. Other than Millenium Falcon, I haven't Picked up any current Star Wars set over $15

So what should I get for around $250 so I can get at least 3 of the chrome droid? I'm more of OT fan than new trilogy or CW.

I'm planning to run to LEGO store to get the chromed TC-14 May 4. Other than Millenium Falcon, I haven't Picked up any current Star Wars set over $15

So what should I get for around $250 so I can get at least 3 of the chrome droid? I'm more of OT fan than new trilogy or CW.

X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Y-Wing, Droid Escape?

X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Y-Wing, Droid Escape?

$60, $55, $50, and $20... still leaves me a few dollars short for the 3rd one. :)

$60, $55, $50, and $20... still leaves me a few dollars short for the 3rd one. :)

X-Wing+Endor BP+Keychain

TIE Fighter+Droid Escape

Y-Wing+Luke's Landspeeder or Ewok Attack

You need to make three separate orders to get three TC-14s by the way.

They may even have a slight mark down on sets on May 4th. You could factor that into your calculation.

Edited by Donut

I don't own the new tie fighter but I do own two 9494. I have to say I am very happy with the new starfighter there a big well needed update on the previous star fighters. I really love the extras included in the set like the mining droid and platform. Thebminifigs are great as well anakin and obi wan are a two of the best minifigures from the first wave. Looking at the price of the tie I would have to agree and say get it in a sale or if you have money off. The figs in the tie look great as well but I personally don't have any use for them at the moment.

I would go with Anakin's Jedi Interceptor. I already have a couple of Tie Fighters from previous releases and although I really like the look of this newest release, I would still go with the Jedi Interceptor. The Anakin and Obi-Wan minifigs are just too awesome.

Hey, I asked a month or so ago which modular would be best for future western mocs, well I've done some more thinking and am interested what you guys think. So...

First I was considering the Pet Shop because the browns and blues can be used to make some nice western facades, but I figured I could get bricks like that at my local PAB.

Next, I considered the Grand Emporium, primarily for the dark green windows which I could use for a saloon. Problem is, I don't I'd be able to take it apart after I build it, considering I still have my MMV fully intact after a year. A new set I've started to consider is Diagon Alley... lots of colors, lots of windows, some figs have western torsos. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Both set are great for pieces as you already know, but the Grand Emporium has limited shelf life remaining. I think it's better to get it before it disappears completely.

If you're a bigger Marvel fan- 6866 Wolverines Chopper Showdown

If you're a bigger DC fan- 6862 Suoerman VS Power Armor Lex

I prefer the vehicle in Loki's to the helicopter in Wolverine's..

The minifigures are equally brilliant in all three however..

I would get the DC set first just because it will be the first to leave.

Well, do you like the OT or PT better? The TIE is epic to behold, but it's been a long time since Lego made an Episode III set, and they might not make one for a while, so I'd pick Anakin's StarFighter up.

I am going to the Lego store on the 3rd to get the chrome TC14. I will either be buying the Death Star playset or the UCS shuttle. Which one should I get before they go off shelves? Which one is your personal favorite? Thanks!!

I think the DS is a better set, but that's because I like the figures, and the build seems nicer.

I am going to the Lego store on the 3rd to get the chrome TC14. I will either be buying the Death Star playset or the UCS shuttle. Which one should I get before they go off shelves? Which one is your personal favorite? Thanks!!

Topic moved and merged into this existing discussion.

Wait here for others' opinions.

Difficult choice, both sets will be deemed classics in a few years. I will say you are probably better off with the Death Star, as it could easily disappear any second, while the shuttle should still be around for a little while. The DS is a great build with awesome figures and it looks great.

If you like vehicles and don't particularly care for minifigures, you should consider the IS as it is one of the most faithful representations Lego has made, while the DS is not accurate, but provides a fantastic backdrop for the figures in the set.