Haha, glad I got out of that trainwreck of a Town early... :tongue:

Just kidding, it was fun to try something new for a change. I'd like to believe I was screwed over by the mechanics, but I have to admit I did not put as much effort to this game as I probably should have... Sorry! :blush:

Anyway, congrats to the scum team! A clean sweep is always something to be proud of, especially since this was no team of newbies you were up against.

I have to give extra kudos for the presentation, Hinckster. The comics were a true joy to read, with all the HP-references hidden into them! :thumbup:

You scumster. :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

Scum aside, it was great to actually play with you Kristel, though I do think you do better as town. I hope you don't take any offense. I didn't find you as very convincing when you tried to persuade us that you were town, but you always have time to work on that. I would also be more active next time you're scum. I'm not sure if you were just busy, or trying to be the scumster you were, but you were pretty transparent, IMHO. :sceptic: However, you probably shouldn't even listen to me as I've never been scum before. :laugh:

And yet, she didn't get lynched... :wink:

I have to give extra kudos for the presentation, Hinckster. The comics were a true joy to read, with all the HP-references hidden into them! :thumbup:

Thank you! That means a lot coming from a true Harry Potter fan, comic writer and fellow host. :blush:

Scum aside, it was great to actually play with you Kristel, though I do think you do better as town. I hope you don't take any offense. I didn't find you as very convincing when you tried to persuade us that you were town, but you always have time to work on that. I would also be more active next time you're scum. I'm not sure if you were just busy, or trying to be the scumster you were, but you were pretty transparent, IMHO. :sceptic: However, you probably shouldn't even listen to me as I've never been scum before. :laugh:

None taken. I was pretty much, "Shit, I'm scum. What do I do now?", and would have been toast if it weren't for the scum team.

And yet, she didn't get lynched... :wink:

You have a point. Though I do believe I tried to lynch her once....

And tried a few more times to direct a lynch towards her... But you still have a point. :tongue:

And Kristel, that's exactly what I'm worried about when I finally get drawn as scum. You know it's random when out f the 6 games you've played you haven't been scum.... Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it does get a little boring after a while.

This was a hell of a fun game, Hinck. :sweet: I was really surprised at the concept, but after the initial annoyance of having to log in all the time...I enjoyed it. It was great not to have behavior used in previous games as a selling point for a lynch. :thumbup: I loved the setting and all the references, as well as all the personality quirks. Mine was phantasmal. :grin:

I was so glad to win as scum for once - hell, I was glad to survive as scum for once. :tongue: I had an awesome team. We all kept our heads down in the day thread, but behind the scenes and in the night, that was when the crows came out to play. :grin: I doubt things would've gone as nearly as smoothly without Rick and Panda. Role-copping both the vig and the investigator in the first two days was just great. We took away a lot of the power roles pretty early, and they couldn't find one to group up around in time. Still, they did their best with what they had. It was unnerving that whenever someone posted a list of suspects at least one or two of us always seemed to be on it... :blush:

Personally, I think I did fine, but that's about it. My first successful scum play, which is good, but I hardly feel like I did anything. The only thing I really had to worry about was Barkonius/Zepher's suspicion on me on Day Three (I believe), but luckily it got covered up by the SK business, which he ended up dying for.

Wasn't happy about all the insults and dirt being flung. I don't like it whether it's a strategy, a gambit, or what. That's no excuse. It might be a game, but we can still all be civil about it. :shrug_confused:

I had a lot of fun, Hinck, and I can't wait for your next game. :sweet:

Oh, and I'm going to go to bed, but before I forget, it's time for my post-game tradition: Any advice for next time? :grin:

Hinck, thank you so much for a wonderful game; I had tons of fun playing, and as always it was beautifully presented, hilarious and punctual. It's clear how much thought, time, effort and love has gone into crafting this, so thank you so much for letting me play.

Another big thank you to my wonderful scummy team-mates. It was an absolute pleasure playing with all of you, and the scumboard was light, friendly and focused - I think we all worked so well together, examining every eventuality and plotting out night actions precisely. Everybody brought something, but a quick mention for Kristel, who was seen blocking def and managed to turn it around to be not only considered less scummy than town, but also ended up in the "town block", something you should definitely be proud of. :wink:

Thank you hugely to Rick :wub:, my Barty buddy. I loved what we did with Barty, and we had so much fun together discussing the game and bouncing ideas around. Each post was so carefully made, and the songs... :wub:

Never gonna giiiiive yooooouuuu uuuuuuuup, never gonna leeeeeeet yoooooooouuuuuu dooooooooowwwwn! :sing::grin:

I loved the idea of the anonymous accounts, it gave us so much freedom. I suspect Barty would have been scrutinised so much harder if it had been known that Rick and I were behind him, and Barty's so damn cute! :wub:

Commiserations town. :cry_sad:

Wasn't happy about all the insults and dirt being flung. I don't like it whether it's a strategy, a gambit, or what. That's no excuse. It might be a game, but we can still all be civil about it. :shrug_confused:

I agree, but I think two things made the situation get much crazier than normal: being relatively anonymous and the swear filter being taken off. I know I pressed a lot of people's buttons with my behaviour day four, but under normal circumstances, I really doubt they would have reacted the way they did. Some of it was gang mentality; once the first person told me to go megabluck myself (yeah, I'm going to remember being told that multiple times well into the future), others felt comfortable joining in, particularly not under their regular EB identity. Then, somewhere in the mix, the swear filter was removed. I'll trust Hinck that it wasn't meant to pick on me, but I think for many players, it was a license to wail on poor Helena, the sad lonely last third party.

Likely, the scum were more restrained than the town. For me, I was pretty sure Belinda (whoever that was, I already forget) was scum. She was so kind and understanding in PM, after I died, I was sure she was playing me :laugh:

For Hinck, I said it on the deadboard, and I still think the same: a 24-hour time out was called for. This was, for me, a very rare experience of seeing a majority of players get out of hand, as opposed to just one or two.

Oh, and Cecilie, you did block Scum on Night One. I had been waiting to tell you, but you can feel good about that. What clued you in on Pie? It's funny, there was a bit of a debate on who to use for the killer on Night One and it was between Pie and Scouty. You had already submitted your block, so I was just kind of watching the conversation on the Scum writeboard, biting my nails.

I feel really good about that :grin:. I went through the day several times, looking at the behaviour of the middle ground players (because that's usually where scum hides :tongue:) and something about his posts stood out to me. While I can't really put my finger on it, it was some sort of gut feeling that his posts felt "made up" and looked like someone trying to fake reasoning for their actions. A bit sad now that I see I could have been much more lucky with it had he actually been chosen to perform the kill that night :tongue:.

I'm a bit sad I got killed so early, but I can totally see why the SK duo thought I was a good safe target for night 1 (that seems to be becoming a thing of mine :look:). I'm not usually a very vocal day 1 player, and I think the anonymous accounts actually made that even worse for me, because of several things. For one thing, I could not remember any names, or who had said what, which made it time consuming to go back all the time to check that (normally I can remember player names, and then just check the character names in the first post). And I was working long days at work those first few days, which made it even harder to find time to do that. Then of course there's the multiple account thing, that created an extra little hurdle that was annoying to have to hop over when I was already pressed for time (I would have had much more time to devote to the game by day 3, but I tried my best from day 1, even analyzing the thread before sending in my block action). And then it was a bit that I just didn't feel comfortable posting in a crowd filled with weirdly named animals posting a lot of nonsense :look:. So I kind of mostly skipped posting in the whole first part of the day which was just roleplaying, which made it that much harder to suddenly jump in and try to make sense when it started to get somewhat more serious. I felt like I'd already been established as a quiet animal, and nobody listens to the little things quiet animals have to say :look:.

Now, since I got killed night 1, I'm not sure I'm really in a position to say anything good about the anonymous accounts, since it didn't help me one bit :tongue:. It seems it was a fun experiment for those who did get to play it a bit longer, but I think I prefer playing knowing who everyone is. It's kind of part of the experience, to play a game with friends, and not just a group of random strangers :wink:. Except Scuba, who everyone knew who was :tongue:. That said, it does seem like it somewhat removed the line between vets and noobs, which is good, and it certainly removed metagaming. Which can be both good and bad. Sometimes metagaming can be a powerful tool for town, but it can also be a terrible burden for certain players, who have a very clear reputation...

None taken. I was pretty much, "Shit, I'm scum. What do I do now?", and would have been toast if it weren't for the scum team.

:laugh: That's exactly how I felt in my first (and so far only) scum game Steampunk :wink:. But my team was so great then, they made me feel comfortable in the position :sweet:

I think you played great, but once the protector claims were out there, I had you pegged as scum... But I was long since dead :laugh:

You have a point. Though I do believe I tried to lynch her once....

And tried a few more times to direct a lynch towards her... But you still have a point. :tongue:

And Kristel, that's exactly what I'm worried about when I finally get drawn as scum. You know it's random when out f the 6 games you've played you haven't been scum.... Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it does get a little boring after a while.

You know it's random when you've only been town twice in 6 games.

On another note, that was an amazing game set up Hinck. I would of loved to play, and I'm going to be signing up for another Mafia soon, and hopefully not be so crap at it.

Overall, I loved it.

Ah, everyone I came in contact with died. :hmpf_bad: I had never coordinated actions before (I am obviously not good at that), though I suspected one of the bodyguard/protectors I was in contact with was scum.

And I wasn't right about any of my suspicions. I did horribly.

Congratulations to the scum for not losing a single member. Damn good job. :thumbup:

What?!

Helena Hippopaw was def?! What the phuck?! I totally called Lulu Pittoluwhatever as def.

Good game to the scum, I liked the anonymous accounts but this game was the most annoying because I didn't know who anyone was. :cry_sad::wacko:

Oh, my heart dropped when I saw Chapter: 6 and not "Conclusion", haha. Glad it's one and the same.

But, yes! Our wonderful scum team did it and did an amazing clean sweep! You guys were great to work with. Rick/Pandora were no doubt the strongest of us and really scored some great victories for the scum (such as Rick spotting out that Boris must have had an action and it was the investigator!) and being so helpful with their advice for the whole team. Thank you so much! We had a team of vets and newer players and we always helped each other out, so this was just a great experience for me and I hope for everyone else as well; wouldn't have done it with anybody else :wub:

Now, to point out one more thing: OH. MY. GOD. I was the scum killer third time in a row in Hinckley's Fabuland game. I couldn't believe it, I even called shenanigans on it :tongue: . But, really, I guess third time's the charm and I'm pretty happy with how I played this game and not get myself lynched or anything. I was hoping, in the beginning, for a different role, but, I have no regrets taking up the black crow spirit again :grin: ! I have more to learn and my play can definitely improve, but I'm glad to have done well enough this time around and not panic as much as I did before. Definitely took a more chilled, controlled approach this time. Lets go for a fourth time, now :wub: !

Thank you so much for letting me play, Hinckley! This game felt so very polished and the story was amazing, if not a little crude (but fabulously hilarious all the same) :tongue: . I definitely love the idea of anonymous playing. It frees up everybody to be a little different and you're not so focused on meta gaming and such. It also helps one to be more like their character and not just a simple facade. I would like to see this implemented for all the EB games, if hosts want to bother with the logistics :laugh: , were the logistics particularly tough this time? It seemed to all flow very smoothly. Anyway, fabulous job on hosting, you deserve a great pat on the back :sweet:

What was with the dark figure behind Def on night Four (or generally the dark figure on the roof)?

Thanks for letting me play Hinckley! :blush: I loved the whole anonymous setup and the comics were great!

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to all Townies. I had a really bad start and messed up the game.

Well done scum! Great job :thumbup:

Also, a big apology to Esurient, whom I made fun of for posting with the wrong account, which I did myself like 10 times...

:wink: No worries.

What?!

Helena Hippopaw was def?! What the phuck?! I totally called Lulu Pittoluwhatever as def.

Good game to the scum, I liked the anonymous accounts but this game was the most annoying because I didn't know who anyone was. :cry_sad::wacko:

I was def? Wow, I was pretty sure everyone knew I was Peanuts... :tongue:

Thanks to Hinckley for hosting, you did a great job! I really loved everything about this game, and I'm glad you asked me if I wanted to play. I'd have hated to miss out on that. :sweet:

Also, thanks to the awesome scum team! It was a huge pleasure working with you, even though I feel I didn't conribute as much to the victory as others. But still I had a great time, and I'm glad nobody had to die. :devil:

On another note, I think the anonymity harmed the town a bit. Especially since the scum knew each other, but I'm glad about that. I liked the idea, and I wouldn't mind playing in another game with this concept.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Mwah hah ha!

I figured most people knew who I was on day four, but I saw no reason to reveal it on the deadboard.

Figures Barky was Zepher. I was wondering if it was Rick, but in hindsight, yeah, those Deadboard posts were really Zepher-y.

Did the Scum know who their players were? Reading the posts I guess they did, which would have helped them tremendously.

Was a very fun game to watch. Helena on day four was just box office gold!

Did the Scum know who their players were? Reading the posts I guess they did, which would have helped them tremendously.

Was a very fun game to watch. Helena on day four was just box office gold!

Yeah, we did.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Mwah hah ha!

I figured most people knew who I was on day four, but I saw no reason to reveal it on the deadboard.

Figures Barky was Zepher. I was wondering if it was Rick, but in hindsight, yeah, those Deadboard posts were really Zepher-y.

You were obviously Def. You and Scuba were the only people we actually guessed right, oh, and I was convinced Krup was Piratedave :grin:

We did know who the members were behind the characters, yes.

Also, I read on the dead board that the mysterious black figure was just accidentally left on the roof. Haha :laugh: and here we were thinking it was a SK recruit or something!

Thanks for letting me play! I had so much fun with the new role. I wish I would have thought of your note when I was being voted for again. I could've said that and that may have helped, but probably not.... Sorry, Sandy, for getting you out early...

You were obviously Def. You and Scuba were the only people we actually guessed right, oh, and I was convinced Krup was Piratedave :grin:

But that was only on my last day, right? Up till then, I was trying to hide myself. Day four, I took off my pants and stretched my legs out on the table, as I lit a stogie.

Cecilie said I was being arrogant on the Deadboard (not knowing who Helena was) but the truth is, I had written so much worse, melodramatic stuff to announce my ploy. I deleted it and toned it down a lot. She would have been (rightfully) appalled.

And since I was SK, the first thing I said to Dave was what I said to Zepher in EB Mafia 1: The goal is not to win, it is to kill and cause chaos. If a SK wins, Yahtzee! But there should be no expectation of it without drastically changing the balance of the game by overpowering the role.

Yes, I remember it well. You certainly spiced up the game, just didn't do it well for me. :thumbup: I was confused and angry at the town for not lynching the SK, and blindly following Belinda, and at Belinda for selling my role, but you did have probably the best ploy of all time. We've already discussed my issues with it and your attitude, but overall, great game, def. :wub:

:blush:

Thanks for the game, Hinck. My lynch frustrated me, and I have to admit that I didn't suspect there would be a bodyguard and protector, so if I had lived we would have lost a townie anyway in that lynch. I had a feeling about Rutherford and Langston and Timly most game, but had nothing of substance. :tongue: Barty and Lulu, my hat is off to you. I would have never pegged you two (three!) as scum.

For those interested, sign-ups for the next Mafia, hosted by little ol' me for the first time in a long time, should go up in the next few days. :thumbup:

Edited by Zepher

Sign in to follow this