Runamuck

My latest Pirate creations

[pid][/pid] 152C

My work on the Pirate audio dramas have gotten my brother and I in the mood to build Pirates again.

So let’s start with a ship that was build mostly by my brother.

img2120vt.jpg

The story influence quickly shows, as this is supposed to be governor Broadside’s ship, the Iron Ram.

img2116ho.jpg

Not surprisingly we used the name as an inspiration for the figurehead.

img2122j.jpg

The ship is held in a very classic style like the BSB and the CC.

img2123k.jpg

Unfortunately there is not much space on top of the cabin, but enough for the rudder and a mast.

img2124wj.jpg

The backside of the cabin, pretty much the only thing that can be seen clearly in the only picture I have seen of the ship.

img2126dqg.jpg

The inside of the cabin, where the commanding officer lt. De Martinet is sitting.

img2131ln.jpg

The sight every pirate fears.

We have built a few more things, but I’ll post those later.

Nice :)

I've just destroyed my caribbean clipper to use those pieces into other ships...your version is absolutely fine!!

Wow! now thats a lovely ship! so much classic feeling I see there, a fine mix between BSB and SES with the caribean clipper pattern, reaaaally nice! :)

[pid][/pid] 151D

Thanks for the comments.

I mentioned that we had built a few more things, so let’s bring on the next ship.

img2134yb.jpg

This is a Spanish ship that that I build. It mostly mimics the rather colorful paint job of the Armada Flagship.

img2135o.jpg

Originally I wanted to give it cannons on rails like the one of the flagship, but it ended up being like the SES because the other ones would have been too tall for the hull.

img2137td.jpg

The commander of the ship.

img2139cp.jpg

It was interesting to try and make a sail like this as not official LEGO ship has a sail like that.

img2142s.jpg

The backside of the cabin, with crossed sabers for decoration.

img2144fa.jpg

The inside of the cabin is just as colorful as the rest of the ship.

I still have a few more things for later.

Wow, those 2 ships are already amazing!! I love how you took an official ship and made it in almost every way better!

[pid][/pid] 151A

Well, my brother and I are not done yet, so here is another ship.

img2148a.jpg

This I captain Foul’s ship, the Barracuda, from The Golden Medallion comic. It was mostly build by my brother. It is a little hard to make a model of it, because I only know of 4 pictures of the ship, and they are not all that consistent on how the ship looks.

img2149j.jpg

The ship is pretty well armed.

img2150hw.jpg

There has never really been any close-ups of the Barracuda, so we decided to give the ship a prisoner hold.

img2152nf.jpg

The backend of the cabin. I knew that window would come in handy for a ship sooner or later.

img2157z.jpg

Captain Foul and his henchman Culverin.

img2165om.jpg

The interior of the cabin.

[pid][/pid] 152B

Well, I’ll try to think about it.

But for now I have one more ship up my sleeve.

img2167zi.jpg

The story about the Queen Of England that I wrote down left me with the idea of building a passenger ship.

img2168wd.jpg

There are windows on the sides instead of cannon hatches. A passenger ship would probably be an easy target for the pirates.

img2170q.jpg

Some lifeboats to fill out the empty deck.

img2174yv.jpg

The rudder and the ship’s captain. While I have made a uniformed crew for the ship I haven’t actually made any passengers yet.

img2175z.jpg

A Crewmember who is swabbing the deck and the stairway to the cabins below deck.

img2177bz.jpg

The backside of the ship, which is decorated with a few flowers.

img2179v.jpg

The lower deck, complete with passenger cabins and a kitchen.

img2183et.jpg

A better look at one of the cabins. This one has bunk beds.

img2185r.jpg

The kitchen.

img2191r.jpg

The large cabin on the ship is a dining hall.

Well, I think that are all the ships I have for now.

Love it! I found lots of inspiration in your designs, thanks for sharing!

Nice ships Runamuck! You've definitely kept the feel of classic pirates that we all love.

I like them all but my favorite is the Iron Ram. It looks the most like a real LEGO system set and the figurehead is very identifiable with so few bricks.

[pid][/pid] 152A

It has been a while since I have last build anything, but I have finally gotten around to making another ship.

b0g5.jpg

This time I have built a little fishing vessel.

znp9.jpg

I even tried to make some somewhat functional net arms.

zrkq.jpg

The catch of the day.

wqje.jpg

The interior of the ship. Its rather small, so there isn’t a whole lot to look at.

o4mc.jpg

The backend of the ship, and the nets in action.

That's a fun design! I really like it, it's also a neat change of pace from what is normally posted.

Great new ship :thumbup: The netting is done very well.

I always like seeing trading/fishing ships and the like. They add more depth to the pirate era.

Thanks for all the comments.

While I may have been rather busy writhing various things lately I have also found a little time to make something of my last spare hull.

9h38.jpg

I built a little cargo ship.

dq6u.jpg

A better look at the side of the ship. I thought the hull was a bit on the small side, but I had to improvise a little to make the ship longer.

9lua.jpg

I wanted to make the deck easy to remove. Unfortunately that didn’t quite go as intended, but it is removable none the less, even if I have to remove a lantern in order to get it off.

6jxo.jpg

The backend of the ship. I tried making some windows that were a little more fancy than usual.

qznk.jpg

The captain’s cabin. Kind of dark in there.

I love the passenger ship!

By the way, that "yoink" sound you just heard was totally not me stealing some of your ideas...