Sign in to follow this  
imvanya

[LDD MOC] Garbage truck

Once again, I'm sharing something I am most definitely unable to build in real life as my LEGO collection is very modest. Also, some most of the parts I used were never produced in the colors that LDD was more than ready to provide me with) Still, the cab, which is the part I really like, can be actually built - white is a much more popular color than dark green. So, without further adieu, an 8-wide Garbage truck:

8712514139_20cd3b9dc7_b.jpg

It's a bit on the chubby side, that's a fact, but I still like the overall look. That's what I was going for:

4084722292_333cf1124f_b.jpg

I have a bunch more pictures on my flickr page

Here's a link to the .lxf file on Bricksafe.

Edited by imvanya

Excellent garbage truck.....now someone needs to brick built it.......Brick On LDD On 'imvanya' ! :grin:

What? Someone other than me or the weird guy next door made an 8-wide! Hurrah! :tongue:

Spiffy truck, good job snotting the proper shape for the cab. The 8-wide to 9-wide transition looks good.

Things I would change:

-Shorten the wheelbase a little

-Reduce the gap behind the cab to 2-studs

-Either pop out the tank by another stud or redo the area to make it more accurate.

Also, what's up with the photoshopped mannequin in the corner? lol

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Quite a lot of people build trucks in 8-wide :)

I would personally prefer it in 6-wide, but it's a very nice design - I particularly like the use of that windscreen. That's a great idea, and it would obviously work just as well in 6-wide, combined with that roof design. Want to try that now! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: There's actually a lot of great stuff going on here. The whole SNOT build of the cab is great, and the idea of using those popsicle pieces as mirrors is also an inspired one. If they only existed in colours vaguely fitting for mirrors... :)

Edited by L@go

What? Someone other than me or the weird guy next door made an 8-wide! Hurrah! :tongue:

Spiffy truck, good job snotting the proper shape for the cab. The 8-wide to 9-wide transition looks good.

Things I would change:

-Shorten the wheelbase a little

-Reduce the gap behind the cab to 2-studs

-Either pop out the tank by another stud or redo the area to make it more accurate.

Also, what's up with the photoshopped mannequin in the corner? lol

Thanks, 'Henchmen4Hire'! I like 6-wides a lot, the scale is actually so much better, but it's infinitely easier to fit stuff into 8-wides) I've actually popped out the tank and it does look better. The gap is kind of tricky because of the way the hopper is attached, so it's still the way it was. By the way, love your MOCs, those muscle cars are so cool

Quite a lot of people build trucks in 8-wide :)

I would personally prefer it in 6-wide, but it's a very nice design - I particularly like the use of that windscreen. That's a great idea, and it would obviously work just as well in 6-wide, combined with that roof design. Want to try that now! Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: There's actually a lot of great stuff going on here. The whole SNOT build of the cab is great, and the idea of using those popsicle pieces as mirrors is also an inspired one. If they only existed in colours vaguely fitting for mirrors... :)

Thanks a lot, 'L@go'! My 6-wides still turn out kind of janky. That scale would obviously be much better, though. The popsicles were almost an accident, I usually stick to the Lego mirror designs, but I just felt like trying something different. And yeah, when it comes to colours, I am a huge cheater, and LDD Extended makes cheating SO easy)

Speaking about 6-wide trucks, those classic sets remakes are amazing.

Edited by imvanya