Hello!

I would you like to show my last MOC, Winterfell from The Games of Thrones.

This castle is part of a huge diorama presented at ItLUG - RomaBrick Latina 2013 last weekend. Winterfell counts 16 baseplates 48x48.

I have only this photo made with Iphone so the quality is poor. As soon as possibile I'll post photos with higher quality.

@Ecclesiastes: I did it! :thumbup:

8695347715_d41a027573_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_tristan/sets/72157633362826707/with/8695347715/

Here you are more pics in high quality, thanks to my friend Lego_Amaryl

Edited by ZCerberus
reduced picture size to conform with site guidelines.

Amazing! It is so large and by what the picture shows us, detailed! Was modeled after anything?

While I am unfamiliar with the source material, that is surely an impressive build there! Also, always envious of beautiful round towers. A stellar job there. :thumbup:

Amazing! It is so large and by what the picture shows us, detailed! Was modeled after anything?

I used a few photos founded on web and some screenshots from movie.

Here you are other two photos:

8685572719_109e3a275c_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82011378@N02/8685572719/in/set-72157633364513164/

Godswood

8686668712_b02c50b4eb_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82011378@N02/8686668712/in/set-72157633364513164/

Enjoy it.

Why is the tree there instead of wall? Couldn't invaders easily come in that way?

True :laugh:

There's no wall so the visitors can see Godswood's details.

That is a castle :excited: The layout is most impressive and the wall detailing is excellent :thumbup:

Good landscape too. Are there any interiors?

Very nice and very impresive.

Can't wait to see bigger pictures, because that one doesn't do it justice.

Are there any minifigures that come with it?

Great details, especially the Weirwood tree. It’s good to see a Winterfell not based off the design from the TV show.

I'm surprised by the number of people unfamiliar with the castle. That's not a dig, I just assumed more people had seen the show.

I love the archery target. Did you put the Stark children around it mocking each other as they shot? :P

I'm surprised by the number of people unfamiliar with the castle. That's not a dig, I just assumed more people had seen the show.

I love the archery target. Did you put the Stark children around it mocking each other as they shot? :P

Yes, Bran climb the broken tower ;)

Great MOC! Do you plan on doing King's Landing or Castle Black?

We're planning with my friends to build Kings Landing, we'd like to follow Albion strategy, but it's huge project! As you can see in the second photo my friend made the barrier with the black castle. :wink:

Very nice looking castle! I have to ask though, what pictures and sources did you use from around the internet? Was a large inspiration taken from the book (I haven't read it yet, only seen the tv series)? I only ask because your Winterfell looks quite a bit different than how it appears in the show. In the show the main gate is much more centered, there are a lot more round structures, and there is actually a completely separate area on the side with the tree.

Very nice looking castle! I have to ask though, what pictures and sources did you use from around the internet? Was a large inspiration taken from the book (I haven't read it yet, only seen the tv series)? I only ask because your Winterfell looks quite a bit different than how it appears in the show. In the show the main gate is much more centered, there are a lot more round structures, and there is actually a completely separate area on the side with the tree.

I'm very glad what you asked me.

I used some pictures from 'westeros project' (now has been closed unfortunately). As we can see from opening show Winterfell has a lot of round structures but I haven't build them because they were expensive and the roof would be a problem. In the book Winterfell has two circle walls but with my space (4x4 48studs baseplates) there is no space for another castle wall. I build the most significant parts in the castle such as Godswood, the broken tower, the first keep, the training camp (where Joffrey fights against Bran), the great hall ...

I have the pictures that inspired me on my office's pc, as soon as possible I post them.

I always love to see GoT :)

Impressive build especially the Godswood, but two small suggestions:

- avoid the Tyrell colours green and gold. As you know Stark's sigil is a grey Direwolf on a field of ice-white (the TV-series added light green to it). I'd rather use the white flags, or the Wolfpack flag (it has the wrong colours but a wolf). That goes for the shields as well.

- I would not use Rohirrim helmets anyway, because they are too easily recognizable and even iconic. There are some licensed pieces of armour which can go for anything, like the PoP Guards of Alamut-helmet - it is really just a pointy helmet. But that Rohirrim one makes me think FORTH EORLINGAS!! at once, and surely not WINTERFELL!

Without the LotR-stuff to put one off the GoT-world and the Tyrell colours this would be much better imho.

Great stuff, really impressive layout and building. Time to see more ASOIF stuff here! Maybe I'll build something too. The only thing I'd complain about would be the wrong choice of colors, but that has been said before!

I'll give you all of the best compliments for this amazing work. We are proud to have you in the group ItLUG!

Bravo Tristan!!!

Cool. I you did a really good job here. I changed the first post picture to reduce the size. Please do not post pictures over 800 x 600

*oh2* *oh2* Awesome work :thumbup: :thumbup: I love all of this MOC, absolutely well-detailed :wub_drool: :wub_drool: It's an honor to have you in ItLUG , hope to see you in Ballabio :wink: Complimenti ancora Tristan :classic:

Man, that's just epic!!!! Really congratz about the whole MOC!!