Bonaparte

Press Release 10237 - Tower of Orthanc

The newest LEGO Exclusive set, 10237 – Tower of Orthanc was unveiled in Portugal today. LEGO just released a full press release for this set.I'm on a low speed connection right now, so I'm just uploading the main picture from the press release at this moment.

post-822-0-72793900-1366983645_thumb.jpg

PRESS RELEASE:10237 Tower of OrthancAges 14+. 2,359 pieces.Build the The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy must-have model!US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKKFinally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.• Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf™ the Grey, an Uruk-hai™ and the Orc Pitmaster• Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO® light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door• Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe• The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword• The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls• The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep™), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe• Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick• The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes• The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat• Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function• Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!• Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!• Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!• Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!• Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s DeepTM!• Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!• Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep• Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tallAvailable for sale directly through LEGO® beginningJuly 2013 via shop.LEGO.com,

post-822-0-42554600-1366984187_thumb.jpgpost-822-0-28820300-1366984260_thumb.jpgpost-822-0-32763900-1366984340_thumb.jpgpost-822-0-01108600-1366984395_thumb.jpgpost-822-0-44904500-1366984464_thumb.jpg

10237_1to1_001_GandolfA.jpg

10237_1to1_001_GrimaA.jpg

10237_1to1_001_Orc.jpg

10237_1to1_001_SarumanA.jpg

10237_1to1_001_UrukA.jpg

10237_1to1_002_GandolfB.jpg

10237_1to1_002_GrimaB.jpg

10237_1to1_002_UrukB.jpg

10237_1to1_003_SarumanC.jpg

10237_back_001_Orc.jpg

10237_back_002_Uruk.jpg

10237_Back_004_Tower.jpg

10237_Back_005_Ent.jpg

10237_BackinsetA_001_Eagle.jpg

10237_BackinsetA_002_Tower.jpg

10237_BackinsetC_002_Gandalf.jpg

10237_backinsetE_001_Stairs.jpg

10237_backinsetE_002_stairsfolded.jpg

10237_BackInsetF_001_Tower Entry.jpg

10237_BackinsetG_001_gunpowder.jpg

10237_BackInsetH_001_Ent.jpg

10237_backinsetI_001_globe.jpg

10237_BackInsetJ_001_library.jpg

10237_backinsetK_001_weapons.jpg

10237_backinsetK_002_weapons.jpg

10237_backinsetL_001_trapdoor.jpg

10237_backinsetL_002_orc.jpg

10237_box3_na.jpg

10237_front_001_maintower.jpg

10237_front_002_mainprofile.jpg

10237_front_003_Ent.jpg

10237_front_004_Shield.jpg

10237_front_005_Eagle.jpg

10237_front_005_Helmet.jpg

10237_prod.jpg

Thank you so much! I might buy this, but chances are I won't 200 bucks seems a bit pricey to me. But just look at that ent! The eagle is pretty sad , but the ent makes up for it. I wish there were more soldiers though.

So much detail for a great pricepoint! The question is... how is anyone going to display it :P? It has to be the tallest official set ever!

The Ent is actually surprising well-designed, although I'm disappointed the set only comes with a generic Uruk-hai and not another variation of Lurtz or somebody a little more exclusive.

Thanks for posting this!

Wow! Look at all the black!

Any idea what color the brown is? Is it dark brown or??

Might buy this to build once, then... Parts. Don't hate me, I'm just always looking for parts.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Great set! @Brickinton: you get soldiers in other sets :tongue: , but I agree, there could have been another ent, and 2 or 3 more orcs/uruks.

€199,99 is a lot! I think I am not going to buy this set, because I am not going to play with it, so it would just stand on a shelf, just like my death star.

73 cm is very tall, allmost 2 death stars on top of each other. I think it would be very unstable!

Wow this looks wonderful! I'm loving the ent's eyes (hope those are printed).

it's awesome but not $250 awesome...bummer...see if the wife will let me get it :)

It looks really good to me. I like the interior and the figures. My only complaint about it (and there is nothing that can be done since that is the color of Orthanc) is that it is a lot of black and I have a ton of black pieces already that I hardly ever use.

Steve

This is a must buy for me. I doubt it would ever scrap it as that is the fate of most of my sets. So far only Helm's Dee, Bagend, and Medieval Market Village have that honor.

I am glad that they are including Treebeard and love that Grima is in this set. Saruman with kirtle outfit sounds like a new print.

Oh Lego ... seriously? You are draining me! As if the other LotR sets wouldn't drain the budget enough. Oh well... so be it.

The set is great really depicts Orthanc, like others I found the 200 dollars a little pricey and just hoping it is a full tower that can be closed, not just the front facade.

A couple more minifigs would not have hurted. I like it a lot but I need to think really well if getting this set.

For the amount of pieces it is not too expensive at €200 I think. Look at the new UCS X-Wing, that is just awefully expensive. Still, it could have more minifigs. If the Ent is included, why not the Hobbits? Anyhow, it might be the one set to get from LotR, it just might be. But it's not turning me into a collector of the series.

As it opens the way for bigger LotR sets, I would really like to see those huge statues at the river, but I admit that the play value is zero. It just would be cool to have those on display. It's the most epic scene of the movies (not a huge fan of parts 2&3).

Wow... I was going to try and rebuilt in tan, but now that I see the size i am not so sure anymore.

Some thoughts:

- the eagle is great, the more eagles on the market the better

- the figs are not extremely spectacular, but Grimas torso and finally a white wizard with a robe are very versatile

- I do not like the ent, but I generally often dislike brickbuilt creatures, especially when technic joints are visible

- the interiour ha a lot of nice stickers or printed parts

- I feel an urge to strech the towers middle part a bit

- Maybe I would have preferred a closed model without interior

I really had no intention of getting this because I knew it would be fairly expensive, but it looks awesome, and really fun to build, and Grima, and nice interior details, and the price per piece really isn't bad :drool: ...and it's time to see if I can work it into my budget... Also, the palantir looks to be different than the one that comes in the smaller set?

A must get for sure. I may not end up with as many Hobbit sets but it'll be worth it for this bad boy. Where the heck am I going to put it though?!

Oh......my.......GOSH!!!!! :grin::laugh:

This is hands-down a must-buy set for me! It's still sinking in, but I absolutely love the fact that the entire tower has a detailed interior. Not to mention the fantastic minifigs (Wormtongue!!!), an Ent, and another Eagle. Well done, Lego. Well done. :thumbup:

Man, that is cool. I'm not really a big LotR collector, but this is great news for those of you who are.

Jeez, that's one big, evil tower. That's excactly how i wanted it do look like. Look at all the detailed interior! And it beeing open at the back could easily be solved by combining 2 sets i guess.