lego.jpg

All complete in original box with instructions. Thank's craigslist!

Wow thats an incredably nice find. I'm also curious, how much did you pay?

I don't know if this counts as a deal since I got it through coupons and giftcards but I got PoP Alamut for 26 dollars at Barnes and Noble.com! :cry_happy: I had a 25 dollar gift card I got somewhere and used the 40% off code FBTB.net posted. Nice surprise to get such a good deal on a set. Never had anything like this happen before.

My best bargains so far have been the original 7140 X-Wing for £1 in a charity shop (it wasn't complete, was missing most of the utility cart and the Biggs minifig, but the ship, Luke and R2 were all there. My guess is it was left made up and the bits that weren't attached got lost) and the Titan XP creator set for 99p on Ebay (although the £9 shipping charge turned that from a stupid bargain into merely a good deal).

I picked up the Emerald Night for 32.50, the original AT-AT for $50, and a near complete Adventures Dino line for about 25. (US dollars)

Not sure if this counts but after missing out on 6054,Forestmens Hideout three times on ebay,i bought the instructions and a couple of the rarer parts on bricklink for a little over £3,now i have the complete set for next to nothing,take that nasty ebay bidders lol! :wink:

dsc05697_smaller.jpg_thumb.jpg

I picked a bag containing complete jet slizer, krana-less green bohrok, a vahki without a weapon and a 2004 matoran in sealed box for 2.85 USD. It was at the open street in the usual resale fair that is on Sundays in El Alto. There were plenty of bags with random stuff like that, but I have already spent a lot for this month even though the first half of it has not ended yet. At first, I didn't want this bag, I thought the vahki canister and the matoran box were rubbish added to increase the volume of the bag. But I took a close look to the contents of the canister and was able to see Jet's face! Was very excited as Jet, Spark and Millenia are the only slizers I couldn't collect and at least jet's head would allow me to try mocing a new version.

At home I was shocked to find that jet was complete (turns out it was in storage mode and hidden inside the canister) and that the matoran box was actually sealed... I would have paid twice as much for just the slizer. I am kinda regretting I didn't buy the other bags.

Edited by vexorian

Wow, jealous much. Where'd you find them?

Argos Clearance on ebay. They must have been sitting in some Argos warehouse for 4 years. Should be arriving tomorrow so here's hoping they are still in good condition.

Yesterday I went and bought 40 of the collectable minifigs from serie 2. Somehow they only charged me for 30 of them...

Yesterday I went and bought 40 of the collectable minifigs from serie 2. Somehow they only charged me for 30 of them...

Are you going to go back and pay for the other 10?

You shouldn't, It is not your fault they messed up. :classic:

Argos Clearance on ebay. They must have been sitting in some Argos warehouse for 4 years. Should be arriving tomorrow so here's hoping they are still in good condition.

I didn't know argos sells on ebay. Lucky find for you!

Hope for you it's in good condition.

Nope, I didn't notice until I was nearly home. If I'd noticed at the register, I would have said something about it.

By the way it was not my fault they messed up. They bagged em up separately for my, to it was 2 x 16 figs (2x the complete serie) and 8 favorites. So if he can't ad 16 witch 16 and ad 8, that's not my fault.

You shouldn't, It is not your fault they messed up. :classic:

:tongue:

2 weeks ago, I went to my local Big W (discount department store) in Australia, and found a beat-up 7642 Garage set in the clearance cart/trolley. It was going for AUD$40, down from the over-priced $140 RRP.

The catch: it was missing one bag of parts (half of the tow truck :cry_sad: ) and the baseplates. But everything else was there...

As though to compensate for the missing bag, a bag of completely unrelated parts was thrown in for no reason, from SP3 Container Heist. More spare parts! Plus 4 minifigs - 2 of Snake, and 2 Officers! :wub:

It looked like someone had opened up 2 boxes of this set, put some of it together, and then abandoned it. There was double the amount of some parts, but half of others.

A rare and lucky thing to find Lego in the clearance cart, I'd say!

Edited by slopemodified

My best find so far was at Target Springwood (Brisbane, Australia) in April this year, where I picked up two Crawler Cranes for 30 AUD each. They're 100 AUD rrp. Ah, sweet memories :cry_happy:

That's fantastic! Were they on clearance?

That's fantastic! Were they on clearance?

I don't think so. The price on the shelf was the normal $80 (I believe), but it scanned at $30. My eyes nearly popped out of my head and I quickly picked the two they had left. Never saw them for $30 at any other Target, so perhaps it was a local stuff-up? Although I thought these things were controlled centrally these days.

But the lesson I learned, of course, and which I see people recommend anyway, is to always scan boxes just in case. I must look like a nut hanging around the LEGO isles walking back and forth between the shelves and the scanners :laugh:

Edited by KartoffelViking

I do apologise but i cannot make a new thread so i thought this thread was fitting. I found this item in a charity shop and ive been unable to find any information on it / what set it came from. Can anyone help?

EDIT BY STAFF: Image is way too large! Read the Site Guidelines please!

I do apologise but i cannot make a new thread so i thought this thread was fitting. I found this item in a charity shop and ive been unable to find any information on it / what set it came from. Can anyone help?

I'm somehow doubting it's LEGO... does it actually have LEGO stamped on it somewhere?

I'm somehow doubting it's LEGO... does it actually have LEGO stamped on it somewhere?

Nope - Its definately Lego - See here and here.

I picked a few of these up in a large auction lot recently, and am looking forward to seeing them in action.

Nope - Its definately Lego - See here and here.

I picked a few of these up in a large auction lot recently, and am looking forward to seeing them in action.

Ah ha!! Thank you! I searched for so long to try and find what item/piece it was. It's quiet a nice little motor! Though i only had cheap battery sin mine so it wasnt very powerful but i imagine with decent batterys its awesome :D