Hinckley

7775 Aquabase Invasion Review

Are you ready for another review from BrickZone.net? I hope so, because I just posted one! The latest review is of 7775 Aquabase Invasion. This is my favorite set from the Aqua Raiders series so far. I know we've already seen a couple of reviews of this set, so if you skip the review don't miss the story afterwards with Fabuland characters and a lot of carnage!

BrickZone.net

7775 Aquabase Invasion Review

Bianca and Gavin and the Night of Kraken McSquid-Face

title01.jpg

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!

Damnit...I'm not rich, I wish everyone would stop making me want sets :-P

Excellent review. And now...unfortunately, I'll need to buy this.

*walks away cursing*

Damnit...I'm not rich, I wish everyone would stop making me want sets :-P

My thoughts exactly...

God bless,

Nathan

At least I now know why there were extra stickers in my Crab Crusher... because they're meant for use here.

Nice review.

this is a great review hinckley...

you know, i've spend some time looking at the box at the toy store and had some questions. it has helped me a lot !!!

i couldn't figure out what the crain was for... so thanks ;-) and i didn't know what the gatteling guns things were either... i guess its a mystery :-D ;-)

i figured out that the sticker sheets were shared between 7774 and 7775, but i couldn't understand why the pepper head is featured on the box, but not in the actual set ???

BTW, i like how you have positioned the squid over the shooting mechanism... looks like a nice way to capture the action for display !!!

i'll have to get this one - BrickMiner

Thanks for the detailed pics

Construction Notes learned from this:

Awesome airlock door concept, great for a spaceship sometime

on the Sub

based on the 'floatation tanks' on the bottom:

7plates+studded top == 3studs

actually, we already knew that 5plates == 2studs; which implies that 7.5plates ==3studs

but their example here illustrates a major question that bugged me, do the studs on the end of the last plate count as .5 or not? -I guess it does now :-)

thank you for another great review hinckley!

i always enjoy them and im looking forward for your new one..

im not really sure about this set...

i am deffinetly not getting it for many reasons

its too ecxpensive

its not coming to Greece this year

im not really into this theme

but still i feel there is something missing from the set..

maby its because i dont really like this creature

i would rather they had the crab in this set...and not the squid..

it just dosent look very good to me.

its like "invasion of the alien transparent man-eating squid" *wacko*

the base looks very nice to me..thow i would apretiate more space on the inside..

this set would fit very nicely with the shipreck one...

imagine the shipreck outhere!that would give them a reason to go out of the base and be eaten by the squid :-P

Like the others, excellent review!

I like to read a serious reveiw, and the story which shows some bad and good points of the set. And this so poor monk, heu gorilla!

I really like this set, and I find this squid the best of the AR creatures (even if I don't have any of them yet... :'-( ).

I like your flashback in the story, with 2D fishes, and other details :-D ! Divers *wub*

And it's alwas funny to read some french on US LEGO boxes (for Canadians), when you know that we don't have words on European boxes, exept for the age.

Really nice review, thanks!

And your story could have been longer, not a matter for me, on the contrary!

Thanks for the great compliments everyone. I appreciate you checking out the review!

What a wonderful and detailed review, great! *y*

Ah, I love that octopus! It

And it's alwas funny to read some french on US LEGO boxes (for Canadians), when you know that we don't have words on European boxes, exept for the age.

Really nice review, thanks!

And your story could have been longer, not a matter for me, on the contrary!

Alex, I meant to put in some french into the story just for you, but obviously I forgot. I will try to remember for the next one (which will probably be in the EXO-FORCE forums this week). Thanks for the nice compliments!!

Excellent review. Very comprehensive and well done. I think my favorite part of the set is the little sub. I like how the crate fits inside.

I'd love to see a set like this under real water.

Alex, I meant to put in some french into the story just for you, but obviously I forgot. I will try to remember for the next one (which will probably be in the EXO-FORCE forums this week). Thanks for the nice compliments!!

:-D thanks!

Excellent review. Very comprehensive and well done. I think my favorite part of the set is the little sub. I like how the crate fits inside.

I'd love to see a set like this under real water.

Thanks! I agree, the mini-sub is very cool and reminds me of the old Divers line!