Sebeus I

Submersible Intercept Craft: AquaShark

convoysmall.jpg

(The background image was found here)

The AquaShark, a one-person submersible, for undetected approach and inflicting critical damage to larger seacraft.

on_background4.jpg

It is equiped with two (mini)torpedoes (the shark's eyes) and a double harpoon cannon (for penetrating the hull of an enemy ship).

dsc08776.jpg

I'm very happy with how its mouth (water jet) turned out (that's a spoiler from a racecar).

dsc08759.jpg

I'm happy with the tail as well, except for that black hinge plate, I wish I could replace that by another color, yellow if possible.

dsc09395.jpg

AquaShark docked in secret underwater base.

dsc08790.jpg

Accessing the interior isn't easy I have to admit (it's pretty hard to get a minifigure in it by only using the top hatch).

dsc08741.jpg

So I did a little cut-away to show it off anyway.

Another picture of the underwater dock:

dsc09427.jpg

And for the fans a comparison picture with a classic Aquashark:

dsc09434.jpg

I loved the Aquasharks, dating from the time when a human lego minifigure could still be a bad guy :laugh: .

More pictures can be found in my Brickshelf Gallery (along with pictures of the first version and the hangar).

Building Instructions can be found at the end of this mocpage (LDD format).

And while you're here you can support this Cuusoo project as well, it's a submarine, not this one but one I'd really like to have.

Edit: this submarine is now also on Cuusoo.

Edited by Sebeus I

Really nice submersible :thumbup: :thumbup: Supporting :wink:

Incredible! The 3/4 picture makes it look just like a shark. You got the shape perfect.

The sculpting on this is really exceptional. I especially love the part choice for the mouth! Have you considered trying to make one in the classic Aquashark colors?

Thanks.

The sculpting on this is really exceptional. I especially love the part choice for the mouth! Have you considered trying to make one in the classic Aquashark colors?

No I haven't, because my design wouldn't support the iconic aquashark canopy and fin with the aquasharks logo... and I barely have any of the pieces in blue :laugh:

That's truly a great MOC. I love the shape of this sub and the fact you can fit a minifig inside it.

Update:

There are now Building Instructions available, atleast I uploaded the LDD file:

AquaShark.lxf

It has some slight changes, the backfin and tail to be more precise, they may look better.

Edited by Sebeus I

tintin.jpg

:tongue: This is great, I love the shape :wub:

That's right, the source of inspiration :laugh: .

I love it- sooooo much better than that other shark thing.

I was panicking for a while I was about to post a comment demanding a cuusoo of it, but YAY it's already there!!

Edit-Wait... IT'S NOT THIS SHARK SUB!!! POST IT POST IT NOW!!!!

Edited by Mutant Orc

I love it- sooooo much better than that other shark thing.

I was panicking for a while I was about to post a comment demanding a cuusoo of it, but YAY it's already there!!

Edit-Wait... IT'S NOT THIS SHARK SUB!!! POST IT POST IT NOW!!!!

Thanks, here's the Cuusoo link for the Shark submarine but I think my other submarine has more potential to become a real set.

My first thought when i saw the topic head line was a huge submarine like in the tiger sharks cartoon but when i saw how small it was i got disappointed. But scrolling down i saw it had a minifigure in it and I must say you did an incredible job.

Edited by kermit

My first thought when i saw the topic head line was a huge submarine like in the tiger sharks cartoon but when i saw how small it was i got disappointed. But scrolling down i saw it had a minifigure in it and I must say you did an incredible job.

Thanks, I'm glad it didn't disappoint in the end :laugh:

If you wish to see a really big shark-shaped submarine I suggest you check out Taseden's WIP.

(I see he hasn't updated his topic, you can see his recent progress at the Sci-Fi wip topic.)