I did this one the other day.

12952988473_206d53cde5_o.jpg

You can take it apart using a sharp tool (tweezers or something similar) but it's a pain.

Edited by Hrafn

Put a small rod (minifig things, flex tubes, etc.) in the pin, bend slightly and pull it out.

You can take it apart using a sharp tool (tweezers or something similar) but it's a pain.

But this thing is possibile to do Edited by MrTekneex

That's very easy, you can push on it from the other side ... with something thin/rigid i.e., a credit card

Use a flex axle to pull it out...those fit very tight in the half pin.

I knew there had to be a better way to do it than with tweezers. Thanks, Zblj and skppo!

I have a Leatherman here on my desk I use for stuff that doesnt want to came apart, :)

Me too. And for inserting pins or short axles into places where I can't hold them.

Me too. And for inserting pins or short axles into places where I can't hold them.

....It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice! ;)

There is another pure lego solution to this one. First put a half-thickness liftarm onto the pin, then insert any minifig-tool type piece into the pin through the liftarm, and pull them off both together. I know it sounds unlikely but it works every time. (The tool enlarges the pin slightly making the liftarm grip it very tightly).

post-14345-0-48270000-1394181415_thumb.png

In my general work area, I always keep a 53954%20-%20Victorinox%20SwissTool%20Swiss%20Army%20Knife.jpg handy, which is used for pulling/pushing out axles in irregular axle situations, as well as other things. I'm ashamed to say that I also still use my central incisors ( grade5_teeth.jpg ), though only if I know it won't damage the piece (not like when I was a kid).

I also frequently use this contraption here: pushpuller.png . It is great as it can be pulled out from axle holes after pushing another axle out. :thumbup:

Sorry for a bit off topic... :blush:

I also frequently use this contraption here: pushpuller.png . It is great as it can be pulled out from axle holes after pushing another axle out. :thumbup:

Sorry for a bit off topic... :blush:

THIS is genious. Need to remember that for my next disassembly session!

I did that but it was a broken pin that went in 1L. I still haven't gotten around to fixing it though. :sceptic:

NXT45

Possibly the earilest possible impossible lego technic, possibly, possible from 1980.

imposslego.jpg

This actually could be quite a useful construct, if you used a longer axle and put a pin or something in the connector's hole. The cage of the diff would rotate together with the axle, except for a delay when changing direction.

You may need to invert the connector so that the teeth on the gear don't interfere with the pin, and the small peg in the diff cage sometimes catches on the connector as it goes around, but it works well enough.

Owen.

Time for bumping this interesting topic, I ran today into this:

800x453.jpg

Surprisingly it "works" with axle holes only.

I'd call that more of a glitch. Impossible stuff like we're talking about is a configuration buildable in real life that can not be taken apart.

I guess that's happened because the steering wheel is 1 bar thick, and LDD knows that standard bars can be inserted into axle holes (but not pin holes), and so it sees no reason why the two should not combine. It's probably also to do with the way LDD models the curve of the wheel.

On 5/3/2014 at 5:50 PM, Hrafn said:

I just use a soft flex axle to pull those parts out.

On 17/3/2014 at 10:46 AM, Captainowie said:

This actually could be quite a useful construct, if you used a longer axle and put a pin or something in the connector's hole. The cage of the diff would rotate together with the axle, except for a delay when changing direction.

You may need to invert the connector so that the teeth on the gear don't interfere with the pin, and the small peg in the diff cage sometimes catches on the connector as it goes around, but it works well enough.

Owen.

I still havent bought one of those differentials....or is that the technical term?

On 2013-04-11 at 7:44 AM, allanp said:

Sewing needle works well.

I've been Ninja'ed!

Seriously, I did this with a turntable, didn't notice till it was too late, thank the Lord for sewing needles. :pir-laugh:

I once put a light sabre 4L rod in one of the small holes of a knob wheel.

32072.png30374.png

It was already hard to push it in, but I have never been able to take it apart...

2 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I once put a light sabre 4L rod in one of the small holes of a knob wheel.

32072.png30374.png

It was already hard to push it in, but I have never been able to take it apart...

I used 3L or 4L rods with knob wheels in one of gearboxes prototypes. And don't remember any problems with impossibility of disassembling.