Sign in to follow this  
SilentMode

Project Swapfig (a Kickstarter project)

For those who don't know and haven't heard, I've been working on something called Project Swapfig for the last few months: it's a[nother] web site for trading minifigures.

photo-main.jpg?1364544415

http://www.kickstart...-trading-action

I've had successful (and some unsuccessful) trades with different people here on EB, as well as on other sites, and I thought there should be a much easier way of trading, as well as managing and keeping lists of figures up to date. Then I decided: I couldn't wait around for someone else to do it, and I'm capable of doing it.

It will be a free to use, ad-supported site, and at the moment will focus just on the Collectible Minifigures - although there's room for expansion toward other kinds of figures and maybe even polybags.

Yes, I have got a Kickstarter project running, with just five days to go, but the site will be launched on May 1st - the only difference will be the quality of web hosting, being able to produce the rewards etc. With a lot of help from the LEGO community the project has done very well so far but could use some extra support.

You can play around with a design-less demo version of Project Swapfig, and if you like it please back the project (even it's just a little bit). It's still in development so I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve it (just the functionality for now).

By the way: definitely support Pigs vs. Cows too!

I have a Question in regards to

I've had successful (and some unsuccessful) trades with different people here on EB, as well as on other sites,
What will you offer in terms that a trade will be safe and successful? Will you implement rules so trades must be registered mail by both parties? or some how have the option of a moderator to contact members directly (ie: phone number, email, home address when signing up) if a deal goes sour...

It may be easier to trade with this nice looking system but I feel the risks are still high for rouges to offer something and not deliver...

I have a Question in regards to What will you offer in terms that a trade will be safe and successful? Will you implement rules so trades must be registered mail by both parties? or some how have the option of a moderator to contact members directly (ie: phone number, email, home address when signing up) if a deal goes sour...

It may be easier to trade with this nice looking system but I feel the risks are still high for rouges to offer something and not deliver...

I don't think it's ever possible to completely prevent rogue traders, they tend to find their way around everything. That said, it doesn't mean hiding behind "there's nothing we can do" like so many other people.

There will be some advice offered for packing and posting halves of a trade, including the recommendation of using signed for mail and padded envelopes, Beyond that, there would be reliance on people reporting problems with trades, messages and users to the moderators/admin (including myself). I assume you've read the project page, so you'll know about the site policy.

Interesting project. Have you given any thoughts about inactive traders, people who put up traders but forget about them anddont update them for years?

Interesting project. Have you given any thoughts about inactive traders, people who put up traders but forget about them anddont update them for years?

That's a great point: it wouldn't be hard at all to hide inactive users and their figures, and it's likely that users who disappear after agreeing to a trade will be reported. There will also be the option to disable accounts temporarily.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to bring it up that Drew is working towards receiving funding for a web designer for Project Swapfig. Please see the link below to contribute. He has some great rewards for pledging at different levels as well. Overall he has over 50% with 16 days to go and needs support from the LEGO community to keep moving towards the goal!

http://www.zequs.com/campaign/project-swapfig-minifigure-trading-action

Thank you,

Kyle

Sign in to follow this