Today I have purchased via ebay:

To go with 42007 which I purchased on the weekend. My questions is as I have never really had much to do with this side of the Technic hobby what are the best motor bikes (either current or from the past) to try and track down?

Paul

The 42007 set (pictured below) that you bought is very good, but so are several other recent Lego Technic motorcycle sets. Go to Brickset.com to look up each one and see their Reviews:

353bb82407084b7ecc109d44fae0f7ee.jpg8420-0000-xx-23-1.jpglego-my-motorcycle-1323912576.jpg

Agreed with lost_in_noise, 8420 is by far the best looking, and it manages that without using a single sticker!;-)

It sounds like 8420 is a set I should be trying to track down.

I can recommend it. I picked it up before ebay prices were silly. It's a very nice set. I have all of the recent (studless) Technic bikes.

I got the 8420 for my birthday quite a few years back, it is awesome! It is very strong and has some cool parts like a u joint and one of those massive suspensions! The b model was also great and I think I've built each of them at least twice.

The 8291 is also a great set if you're not wanting to spend as much money. It also works well and also has front suspension unlike the 8420.

However I found that the 8051 was quit a let down. It looks great and it has front suspension but it is terrible to play with. This is because when you push it the front end flexes and the front wheel rubs against the rest of the bike.

IMHO I'd get the 8420 if you can find it for a decent price as it hasn't been available from lego for years. It's the best.

Edited by MrNumbskull13