Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Toyfair 2007 Bionicle Set Images

Indeed, the other folder shows them.

They aren't something that I expected, tough. Takadox and Pridak, Jaller and Hewkii, Ehlek and Kalmah, Matoro and another yellow guy with a Nuparu's mask like head. These "couples" have the same heads. Maybe they're still prototypes? I doubt it. This doesn't look good...

Shakar

Ah well, i think it looks great, still anoyed that they don't make mini weapons of the ones that the mahri actuly carry? Oh well, doubt thats going to change for in time for when they are realised if it is changed at all.

Just thought of this....except the adorable crab, the useless machine gun and the tubes; Jaller looks like what Tahu Nuva should have been like. I think I'll use the Mahri pieces to make Toa Nuva/Olda revamps.

Shakar

Yeah- i suppose your right, but don't wish that on to soon, we (well i defiently don't) want to hear about the saga of tahu nuva's legs bending or not (only with jaller mahri this time) courtasy of a bad photo, if ya' know what i mean.

Good idea anyway.

Wow, the 'Titans' look terrible in better poses. What the heck, man? The red guy has like, no torso, and what torso he does have, is hole-filled. What a way to waste my money.

And Hydraxon is a glorified toa, like Axonn before him. Wahoo.

Yuck.

<<DV>>

Yeah- i agree with the first post now- this year looks good, a lingering thought though, alot of people obiously don't like this year and won't be buying any of the sets, could this year be the downfall of bionicle? 8-|

I'm not gonna lie, Maxilos is one of the most impressive Titans... ever. Anyone notice the "hydrolic" pipes (which are used to stiffen the legs) also present on his torso? He should be able to bend from side to side and balance. Very cool mask, too... reminds me of the Mask of X-Ray Vision of 2001. Plus, Spinax is practically a whole other set on him! I thought that was another Barraki head on him, but it's a whole different piece. Nicely built, too. Everything on that set is just done well. I think the Cordak Blasters were just made to match his color scheme!

Hydraxon... still "eh" about him. Articulated fingers are cool, but he doesn't really interest me that much. However, he does have a good color mix, and some interesting weapons, too.

Hydruka-er... Sharkticon-er... whatever... is great. I'm guessing a Rahi, and an impressive one at that. I can see that Ehlek spine technique being reused for a long time. I never noticed that red Piraka foot in his mouth though... strange. His colors are extremely smooth, though, and he flows the most naturally out of all the Titans. Gotta love that weird skullpiece!

So they really are the highlight of this year. Plus, I totally agree that Jaller looks... heroic. He looks as if he was touched by the Gods, big sword, mask and all.

Now all we have left is the mysterious special edition sets, which remain under wraps... curiouser and curiouser.

I think the Cordak Blasters were just made to match his color scheme!

They're called Cordak Blasters?

They're called Cordak Blasters?

Yes, in the Barraki Revealed topic on BZP, Greg Farshtey accidently put Cordak Blaster instead of Squid Launcher...He immediatley changed it back,but not before some people saw it.Everyone wondered what a Cordak Blaster was, until the Toa Mahri pictures appeared.

I'm not gonna lie, Maxilos is one of the most impressive Titans... ever. [....] Very cool mask, too... reminds me of the Mask of X-Ray Vision of 2001.
Apparently, Maxilos does not wear a mask:
Maxilos

1. So what's up with this guy? I mean, his mask looks like an Akaku mixed with a Kiril.

1) He's not wearing a mask
I do agree, tough, that they look like a really nice duo. Maxilo DOES look a Makuta revamp.

Shakar

Lets recant, once again...

Kanohi

Krana

Kanohi Nuva

Krana-Kal

Kraata

Kanoka

Rhotuka

Zamor

Squid Ammo

Cordak Launcher

.... wtf >_>

What exactly is your point?The change from the K-collectibles to new names?

Anyway, a lot of people have said that this year's collectibles suck.But look at it this way: Those aren't collectibles. Those are ammunition.They're not supposed to be collectible.

As much as i would like mask packs again myself,let's face it.It's ammunition now.But there's still hope for next year,isn't there...?

Oh, that old nut of them not wearing masks. It's quite anyoing an once again gregF shows how cold he is. X-D Seems like he has a touch of get-lost-i-can't-answer-your-questions flu, quite commen this time of year. Lol!

Just thought of this....except the adorable crab, the useless machine gun and the tubes; Jaller looks like what Tahu Nuva should have been like. I think I'll use the Mahri pieces to make Toa Nuva/Olda revamps.

Shakar

If you want to use Tahu's old fire sword, check out the upcoming Exo-Force sets. The "exhaust" on the back of some is the same piece, but now with yellow swirled into it along the length of the blade. :-)

Apparently, Maxilos does not wear a mask:

Maxilos

1. So what's up with this guy? I mean, his mask looks like an Akaku mixed with a Kiril.

QUOTE(Greg)

1) He's not wearing a mask

Lol... Toa Maxillos' head is so mask-like that he could be called Masky McImwearingamaskenheimer.

What the heck is he thinking?!? :-|

Hey, who knows... maybe the connection points are something other than an axle or peg this time.

Though it sure LOOKS like a mask so far.

Before I start my comentary on Summer 2007 , let me just say that I still stand by Greg F and the current storyline, but I have realized that I really can't force people to believe what I believe. So, you won't be hearing any noobish comments about how lame their post writing is. Also, I am very glad that BZP's administratiors chose to back up the "complainers" in their latest news story. It's a big step towards making it a bit more open to different opinions, and I'm happy they did it. ;-)

Now then, about 2007. Well, it still remains a mixed bag for me. Here's my indepth review as usual:

Jaller: Is it just me, or are the legs and arms EXACTLY the same as his Inika verison? But, I kind of like his mask, and the crab is so awesome. HE has a few new good pieces (not including the sword), but I'll probably pass. :-/

Hahli: SICK mask! That is so the Kaukau of present day bionicle, and it is one of the best recent masks IMO, hands down. *sweet* And, now we have all the Hahil Inika pieces without the swirly white in them! But, the tool and wings are pretty junky from what I see, and she is very similar to her Inika counterpart, design wise. She's on my to buy list, though. *y*

Kongu: Okay, when I saw him, I was like "Great mask! And rakishi feet in dark green! And... Oh, beautiful, lego. Now Kongu doesn't have just 1 cruddy chaingun, but two, and he doesn't even have another weapon!" >:-( Sorry, but I will probably pass again.

Matoro: You know what is my biggest gripe with the Mahri? (chainguns aside) Almost all of them remind me of their Inika counterparts in a large extent. And Matoro really tops it all in that area. :-| I see very few good new parts, and i'm not too fond of the mask. Pass.

Nuparu: Mask, I like. And shield, I like (to some extent). But you know what I like best? BLACK piraka feet! :'-) I'll probably get him for those three things, but I'm not really sure, since again, he is very similar to Nuparu Inika, design wise.

Hewkii: Three parts in new colors, thats good. But the mask..... :-X He's probably the least like his Inika form, but also the ugliest. Most likely pass. :-/

Hydraxon: Now we're getting somewhere! I see pridak swords in silver, an awesome mask face thing, and a nice design overall! I'll probably get him. :-)

Gadunka: WOAH. This guy's mouth is enormous! And he has silver piraka feet, silver ehlek spines, and an awesome face! I like! ;-)

Maxilos and Spinax: *jaw drops* This guy is the BOMB! Cool mask face, sweet weapon, and AWESOME design overall! And his pet is cool, too! I'll be getting this baby for sure. *sweet*

All playsets: Um, sorry, but aside from the heads, the figures are EXACTLY the same as the piraka and inika figures. And the sets themselves are crud (at least from what I see right now), although they have some cool sea creatures. Pass on all of them. *sad*

And finally, the infamous Cordak Launcher: ..... :-X to the 20'th power! I thought the zamor were fine, since they still had a bionicle feel, but this, this is just plain old action figure junk. There's like 1 connection point on this... thing, and it just looks ridiculous on the Mahri and Titans. *n* *n*

Overall: Again, mixed bag. The titans are great as always, but the Mahri are mostly a letdown. At least they have normal masks, and at least they are all different, but they just seem like a cheap rehash, sort of like "lets stick a cheesy weapon, new mask, and cruddy launcher on and call it a new set!" I'm liking them to some degree, and i'm sure parts monkeys will go wild, but I'm still a bit dissapointed. No more comment on the playsets and cordak launchers. :-|

Nice opinion.

But i'm not that much of a MoCer (Look at my messed up MoCs) so I don't buy them for peices. I buy them for display or to play with. But some of these things look to be good for nothing except for MoCing. But I will definatly get Jaller, Hahli, and Naparu. And if I do become a better moCer, and get intrested in it a little more, I will buy some more. Like Hewkii and Matoro.

-ZotS

Nice opinion.

But i'm not that much of a MoCer (Look at my messed up MoCs) so I don't buy them for peices. I buy them for display or to play with. But some of these things look to be good for nothing except for MoCing. But I will definatly get Jaller, Hahli, and Naparu. And if I do become a better moCer, and get intrested in it a little more, I will buy some more. Like Hewkii and Matoro.

-ZotS

What? Your a good MOCer *y* *sweet* But, yeah, i agrre with you saying that some peices are going to be awsome for MOCing. X-D