Sign in to follow this  
Holodoc

7891 being moced in terms of colour

indexed.gif V-LF-6B

As I posted in this thread, I moced the 7891

tn_7891-1_jpg.jpg

just to have it in another colour-scheme to make it more suitable to my other 6 stude wide fire engines.

(I hate yellow fire engines! :-X )

Here are the results:

Because I had no original 7891, I got my instructions at Brickfactory

I just replaced yellow bricks by red ones and the original red bricks by white ones. I bought all bricks at Bricklink�s.

Unfortunately I had to face some limitations regarding the 'extinguish device' (what is that thing exactly called?) in the middle of the engine. I wanted other colours like the ones used, but these were the only ones I got. :-( Maybe I�ll change that later on...

The whole thing cost me about 20� (I had to buy at 3 different shops and paid a lot S&H :-| )

These are the parts I used:

bricks.jpg

And the final result:

7891-small9.jpg7891-small10.jpg7891-small11.jpg

I think I�ll go for some stickers... 8-|

See my Brickshelf folder for more details.

enjoy!

I prefer the yellow version. But it's nice to see how it looks in red.

For info, the airport fire truck were never red in LEGO. And I think it's good, because you can distinguish it easier from the rest of the fire vehicules. In fact, it's a special fire section for the airport.

I've got this set, but I prefer my old 6440 *sweet*

001.jpg

Great job! Now if only we could replace the original yellow and dark red pieces with lime green and silver or white.

As I posted in this thread, I moced the 7891 just to have it in another colour-scheme to make it more suitable to my other 6 stude wide fire engines.

(I hate yellow fire engines! :-X )

7891_-_small_10.jpg7891-1.jpg

I think Holodoc's MOC looks much better because of he's decided to use red. I also think the red goes better with the bley as I think the yellow clashes a bit much. So aesthetically I'd say the colour scheme has been improved. Still, I prefer the traditional grey but as those parts aren't available in that colour I suppose I can appreciate them the way they are.

That aside, this set actually doesn't look too bad in terms of construction because it appear to suffering from grotesque overuse of large speciailised parts which tend to plague LEGO sets these days.

I tried to make a copy of the original photo for a better comparison:

exactcopy.jpg7891-1.jpg

I

Hey I really like what you did here. I'm going to have to do the same so I can add another crash unit for my airport. As far as yellow goes: Its a required color for crash rescue vehicles at airports in the US. It's mandated by the FAA. Just FYI. I agree with you it's ugly. The fire engines where I work used to be yellow with white on top of the cabs. We are back to red now and they look great.

Is the yellow one supposed to be an airport fire tender? I think the writing on the roof says "airport" something or other but it difficult for me to see.

Anyway airport fire engines are usually different looking to the more common red ones used in urban areas (where I am). So IMO the red looks better (more realistic) if you are going to have it in a city scene whilst the yellow one looks better if you are going to place it near an airport.

In any case though, nice experiment Holodoc *y*

I like it Holodoc, I personally like to have these smaller trucks rather then big huge rigs because I can fit 2 in each bay and thus have like 4+ per station lol.

Im actually going to make a truck or two like this but for my police force for use in riot control so ill have to make it in black and white colors rather then red. That water cannon on top would be perfect for suppressing a little illegal gathering dont you say?

Oh and Jedi, I dont think thats true. Republic Airport in Farmingdale, NY in addition to the Puerto Rico Airports Authority Fire Department both have red vehicles and I think the MacArthur/Islip Airport Fire Department does as well. I also think the PANYNJ Police firetrucks at Newark, JFK and LaGuardia airports are white (the Port Authority Police handle firefighting at those airports rather then a seperate airport fire department and all of their 2,200 officers are trained in both firefighting and law enforcement - hence the reason so many PANYNJ cops were killed on 9/11 because they were being used as firefighters).

That water cannon on top would be perfect for suppressing a little illegal gathering dont you say?

Looool! :-D

Brilliant idea! Please post some pics whenever you

It looks cool in red, although i like the yellow version if it it stationed on the airport. For urban firefighting the red is much better.

As for firefighting vehiles the red ones are the most common. In Slovenia you can find the red and some wierd orange looking ones. I prefer the red.

In Slovenia you can find the red

Mmmm... I love this kind of fire trucks.

and some wierd orange looking ones.

We have/had those, too. It's a reflective color AFAIK which probably is meant for safety or better recognition...

I prefer the red.

Me too...

Here are some examples of Light green fire trucks. We have light green ones at Seattle Tacoma International Airport.

Dsc_0038%20Firetrucks%20l.jpg

firetrucks.JPG

LAND_Striker_ARFF_Truck_Twin_Action_lg.jpg

How interesting... The set model is very simular to the Oshkosh one, except that it is yellow with dark red stripes.

Yeah that's true, I think it's based on of those vehicles.

Allthough the red one looks real cool, I still prefer the yellow one, for reasons already named here:

It fits with the airport....because in 'real life' airport-rescue-vehicles are yellow as well...it's just more realistic this way.

But like I said, the red looks really cool though ;-) *y*

Mmmm... I love this kind of fire trucks.

We have/had those, too. It's a reflective color AFAIK which probably is meant for safety or better recognition...

Me too...

I too have setup my airport firestation with 3 units , one is converted to a pumper ( has a tank built in instead of the fire nozzle ) and the yellow looks very good... I MOC the 7240 station and added extra bays as well as a crew quaters.

here is a look

Airport Firestation

and another view with larger crash truck to the side :

Larger view

... I MOC the 7240 station and added extra bays as well as a crew quaters.

here is a look

Cool! *y*

And I would say: THIS firestation looks even better with yellow fireengines. Nice use of yellow bricks to make the cars fit in the station. No need to use red engines... :-$ :-D

Do you have more pics of that creation?

Erm, *cough* the bigger engine to the right looks a bit weird with these big tires. :-/

Cool! *y*

And I would say: THIS firestation looks even better with yellow fireengines. Nice use of yellow bricks to make the cars fit in the station. No need to use red engines... :-$ :-D

Do you have more pics of that creation?

Erm, *cough* the bigger engine to the right looks a bit weird with these big tires. :-/

Got to my folder on brickshelf : USERNAME MADFROG67

My Webpage

Here are some examples of Light green fire trucks. We have light green ones at Seattle Tacoma International Airport.

Naw, naaw man! That's Safety Yellow, not light green! X-D

I do prefer the red MOC version, but I don't prefer red ARFF tenders, but.. 8-|

It would be pretty awkward if an airport engine would begin to roam in urban streets, because they're wider, longer and have bigger wheels to support off-road crashes, therefore the LEGO version is totally out of scale, since it's smaller than the urban fire trucks. :-|