legolijntje

LEGO Technic, Mindstorms, Model Team and Scale Modeling Index

LEGO TECHNIC AND MODEL TEAM INDEX

Welcome to the LEGO Technic and Model Team forum on EuroBricks. We hope you have a great time here. Feel free to take a look around and if you have any questions, you can always PM one of the staff members.

This page is the forum index. It contains some of the major topics and useful topics in the forum. It also includes a FAQ. Before posting a question, be sure to take a look there.

STAFF

team_admin_technic.png

Jim

photo-thumb-19306.jpg?_r=1422734560

moderator_technic.png

Milan

339405404_1000x1250Avatar2.thumb.jpg.2b383d33aa5ca7f51ce734ceca831f88.jpg

TABLE OF CONTENTS

If you think something if missing in this index, please contact me or any of the other staff members. Thanks!

NOTABLE TOPICS

FAQ

Which set should I buy?

These questions belong in this topic: Technic which set should I buy?. Please do not make a new topic for these kind of questions! Thanks!

Where can I get information about Technic sets?

For the general information (year of release, part count, price etc.) you can just use www.brickset.com. For a more in depth look at the Technic sets, www.technicopedia.com is a great place to take a look (although it isn't complete yet).

Is my 8043 Motorized Excavator the new or the old version?

The best way to check this, is to look at the code that's written on the linear actuator. You can read more about this here, here and here.

I'm stuck while building my Technic MOC. Where can I get help?

You can ask for help in this topic.

What is GBC?

GBC stands for Great Ball Contraption. It is a machine that can transport balls in any way possible. Often, multiple of these machines are put together to form a large contraption.

mindstorms_ev3.png LEGO MINDSTORMS AND ROBOTICS INDEX

Welcome to the LEGO Mindstorms and Robotics forum on EuroBricks. We hope you have a great time here. Feel free to take a look around and if you have any questions, you can always PM me or one of the other staff members.

This forum is a work/concept in progress. For years I have been thinking about a dedicated forum for Mindstorms (and Robotics in general). I always assumed that Eurobricks didn't have enough traffic to warrant such a forum, but since lots of sources for Mindstorms information seem to be dead, I think this forum might be useful for lots of people.

I hope you enjoy this new forum!

With kind regards,
Jim
Technic Admin

TABLE OF CONTENTS

mindstorms_ev3.png SCOPE

This forum is about:

• LEGO Mindstorms (RCX, NXT, EV3)
  • Programmable LEGO (Boost, ...)
  • Open source electronics platforms (Raspberry Pi, BrickPi, Arduino, etc)

While Raspberry and other open source electronics platforms are definitely allowed here, we like to focus on building LEGO robots with these technologies. It's still a LEGO forum after all :wink: 

mindstorms_ev3.png EXTERNAL RESOURCES

This section contains useful links to external resources.

OFFICIAL LEGO RESOURCES

PROGRAMMING ENVIRONMENTS AND TOOLS

OTHER EXTERNAL RESOURCES

THIRD PARTY SENSORS

SCALE MODELING

BACK IN THE TECHNIC FORUM?
As agreed in the Scale Modeling Forum's future topic, after several years as an independent Forum, the Scale Modeling forum is now again a part of the Technic forum.
Since Scale Models are mostly vehicles, we have decided to merge the Scale Modeling Forum with the Technic Forum, to keep the Scale Models visible and to provide for them to get the amount of replies/attention they deserve.

WHAT IS SCALE MODELING?

A scale model is most generally a physical representation of an object, which maintains accurate relationships between all important aspects of the model, although absolute values of the original properties need not be preserved. This enables it to demonstrate some behavior or property of the original object without examining the original object itself. The most familiar scale models represent the physical appearance of an object in miniature, but there are many other kinds.

Scale models are used in many fields including engineering, architecture, film making, military command, salesmanship and hobby model building. While each field may use a scale model for a different purpose, all scale models are based on the same principles and must meet the same general requirements to be functional. The detail requirements vary depending on the needs of the modeler.

To be a true scale model, all relevant aspects must be accurately modeled, such as material properties, so the model's interaction with the outside world is reliably related to the original object's interaction with the real world. (Wikipedia)

WHAT IS SCALE MODELING IN LEGO TERMS?
A scale model in LEGO terms should be a model that is accurately scaled down, visually representing its real world counterpart, that is built as advanced Model Team, mainly with bricks, plates and tiles, with high level of detail and prime execution.

GUIDELINES
The basic site guidelines apply to Scale Modeling MOCs.
Requirements for a model to be posted as Scale Model are:

• It has to represent a real world counterpart, scaled as closely as possible.
  • Vehicles must be built in minimum scale of around 1:20.
  • Ships, planes do not have minimum scale requirement.
  • It has to be built as advanced Model Team, mainly with bricks, plates and tiles, with high level of details and prime execution.
  • They cannot be purely Technic.
  • Non vehicle MOCs (like scale models of buildings, utensils, figures, animals, etc...) do not belong in this forum.
  • [SMF] prefix can be used in your Scale Model's topic name, for it to be distinguished from the Technic models, but it is not mandatory.

STAFF
Milan and Jim will be managing this section of the forum. If you have any questions regarding SMF, don't hesitate to send them a PM.

NOTABLE TOPICS