[pid][/pid]234B

8583499965_4b2b9605c5_c.jpg

Hey guys! This is my entry for MOCathlon 2013 Category 8: Redesign a classic LEGO set

I remade the much loved 6277 "Imperial Trading Post" from 1992. this has all the original play features (- the opening roof) and is fully modular!

Brickset reference

More pictures over at MOCpages :sweet:

Enjoy!

C&C Welcome

~Legonardo

What a fantastic overhaul. :wub: It actually looks like a set LEGO would produce! I love the attention to detail. Especially the cliff is very nice.

Awesome job here! :thumbup:

brilliant Legonardo (as always) if this was for sale, I'd buy it the very instant!

Very nice, I remade this set for a contest a while ago but this looks much better, I particulary like how you replicated the raised baseplate typical to the original set :thumbup: .

Great LD! The colours on the cliffs is so nice! You can really feel where the sea is reaching up when it´s flood!

Even in pirate mocs and with this "official" set it´s so much you LD! You have a special colour scheme that is so you! Well done my friend!

Now redo all the castle sets for Avalonia!!! :wink:

This looks great! :thumbup: I like how you haven't changed the structure of the set too much (like some past remakes have), you've just made it subtler and more MOC-ish. Like others have said, the cliffs are especially great, and I like the addition of the chain to the bridge section.

Edit: nice tag on the topic, by the way. :tongue:

Edited by Skipper

Very nice! I like it a lot! Everything I was going to say already has, so yeah, good job! :thumbup:

Congrats! This is a really awesome recreation. The set is instantly recognizable. Although the classic sets were very nice and had the LEGO spirit, I prefer this more realistic color scheme to the older red, yellow, black and white. The minifigures are also very well made and fleshy tones are also a big plus for my taste since they work better with these colrs.

Wow, you have improved a lot the last year or so! This is marvelous! The rockwork really stands out, though I heavily doubt TLG would ever release something so part(=cost)-intensive. Maybe the use of cb4's hull technique on such a small boat is not optimal; but otherwise it's really a pleasure to look at!

what a great re-design! amazing! love the little details!.... the palm tree, the gray rat, the water effect in the base of each pillar! great improvement to this classic

Thanks everyone!

Perfectionist: the idea is not too make something lego could produce, but to better something they have produced :)

A shame I did'nt notice this MOC before. I really like your rendition of the original trading post, with all those details and not too bright colour schemes. The Rebeltrooper heads for the soldiers is a great detail.

The trade post has been one of my all time favorite sets. Yours looks even better that the original one. Awesome job.

Awesome remake, Legonardo! The set looks much more sophisticated yet is still recognizable. I remember playing with the set when me and my brother were younger, this was one of our favourite sets back then. :sweet:

One of the best pirate MOC's I've ever seen! (And I've seen a lot.) I love the sleekness of it and how you recreated the baseplate.