Sign in to follow this  
simonwillems

There seems to be little interest for Technic...

In this forum I don't come across many technic (and I don't mean Bionicle) MOC's, or technic related modelteam-like real functioning MOC's so I have decided to post a few of my own to show that technic is really a nice "theme".

(Images clickable)

Here is my latest technic creation, a cradle elevator:

p2054027.jpg_thumb.jpg

p2054036.jpg_thumb.jpg

and the Brickshelf

This one I made some time ago, a real functioning bulldozer with three electric motors, it worked really well and was quite powerful.:

p1181297.jpg_thumb.jpg

p1181305.jpg_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf of this bulldozer

Wow, impressive!

I'm a big fan of Technic and can't wait for the new 2007 sets to come out. I'd love to see more discussion and reviews on Technic sets - which reminds me I have a few reviews to finish...

I like Technic, too, unfortunately I can't MOC "in Technic". I'm just not skilled enough. I love building the "official" sets but other than that I can't do much with it :'-(

Your MOCs are great, and I admire your skills. Function mixed with regular bricks - what I always liked about Technic.

I'd like to see more Technic discussions, too, I just can't really help there. But I have a review of two sets planned, I just need to finish the second model, and then need a sunny day to take some decent pics.

Those are great MOC's I had been looking at the pictures on brickshelf before logging onto Eurobricks.

I am a big fan of Technic in fact 90% of my collection is Technic and I do build MOC's and have got lots of ideas but I dont get the time very often to put the ideas into bricks. :-(

I never liked technic however these sets I do like. They are very well done, nice job!

Perhaps they are so good because they have more normal bricks in them, and the technic parts that are used are used to provide functionality and not just used for the sake of it.

I like Technic, too, unfortunately I can't MOC "in Technic". I'm just not skilled enough. I love building the "official" sets but other than that I can't do much with it :'-(

Same here

I especially love the official Front Loader sets, great for scooping up my bricks

technic bricks do find their way into my System mocs tho, usually as cross support beams and snot stuff...

Very nice indeed.

I used to be mostly a Technic guy myself, and some of my technic MOCs have been quite challenging (the huge Keychain display weighed 20 lb.... just getting it to turn using a single 9V motor was quite the job), let alone all the different movements, but I have been rather dry of inspiration recently. I suspect that the uninspiring offerings from Lego, and especially all those stupid liftarms, have something to do with that, but mostly there has been a lack of time.

I also don't like MOCing vehicles, which is unfortunately where nearly all Lego Technic is directed. Doing something mechanically interesting is far more fun. 8094 - that was one of the best Technic sets ever! I wish TLC would do something other than vehicles.

I do find it harder to MOC in Technic than in system. Technic MOC require much more planning and sustained building time. System MOCs, at least the smallish to medium sized ones I do, can be done 20 minutes at a time in a semi conscious state, which is pretty much the only way I get to build anything these days, with family and work demands.

Your MOCs are great, and I admire your skills. Function mixed with regular bricks - what I always liked about Technic.

Yep, I will second this. The way you combined system with technic is beautiful. *y*

And I guess it

Thanks for all the compliments!! :-$

Technic is indeed tricky sometimes, but I like experimenting with it. However building things all over again with a slightly different gear and completing a model that doesn't seem to work at all are sometimes very frustrating things....

But the joy of seeing how something you made really functions the way it should, makes you quickly forget all those frustrations. :-)

I am not a big fan myself of those official "see-through" models Lego brings out sometimes (some are really well done like the 8421 crane for example) and so I like to combine normal Legobricks with the technic ones to add a more realistic touch.

Time is a problem very often, like Gylman said, it took me a whole day for example to finish this last cradle elevator....

8094 - that was one of the best Technic sets ever! I wish TLC would do something other than vehicles.

I totally agree. This is the reason I finally bought one a cpouple of days ago. X-D

Then there is no need to build something like this:p1181306.jpg_thumb.jpg

Though I really admire you for the great idea to split the energy to three motors, simonwillems! 8-

to continue the title ... so i'll try my best to change it. I've been updating myself on this forum for a couple of days but now i'm getting finished with the parts that interests me so i can go back to building.

I don't wanna say to much about what i'm working on since my models have a nasty habit of not being finished but i can say that it's a huge technic mech. 4 legged not 2. I suck at details and focus on function but i'll try to make it look good. But i should prolly dismantle my motor movers. Bought it for the motor and just shelfed it knowing it would force a reordering of my sorting system. And i'll prolly get the bulldozer as well if only for the motors so there will be lots of new Lego added to my collection.