PixelFox

FabuDivers

builders_guild.gif

Inspired by Fabuland month and the Crossover Contest I made this little crossover scene, to get in the spirit of things. Divers has always been one of my favourite themes.

It's not eligible for the contest, being entirely CG, but I thought I'd do it anyway, just for fun.

8530501357_cf9b098814_c.jpg

Full resolution at Flickr. Thanks to Yaktuu for the idea to make it into a poster.

Awesome creation!

At first you see something cute and innocent, as your eyes stroll down the image the scene becomes something different entirely. Fabuland is a great choice to depict something like this because by nature these characters look completely oblivious to anything dark or sinister.

The concept reminds me of the "streching paintings" displayed in the Haunted Mansion Disney ride. For those who have never experienced the ride, once you enter the Mansion (10228 anyone?) you first stand in an octagonal room decorated by these painting on the walls. The trick is that you only see the top part of the paintings, then the room starts to "strech"... I was never too sure if it is the floor that is going down or the roof going up! Anyway, you get the impression that the walls are becoming taller as the the paintings start to reveal their true dark and ominous nature.

Edit: I found a picture of the paintings displayed in Disneyland Paris.

Edited by Yatkuu

Great CG MOC! As for the Disney Haunted Mansion, whether the floor of the "stretch room" goes down or not depends on the park. In Disneyland California, the room bottom is actually an elevator and it take the audience down so they can go under the railroad and berm around the park to get to the show building (yes, that entire huge ride does not take place in the cool mansion you can see! Hope I'm not spoiling the magic...). In some other parks, the roof goes up. There is a fan website called http://www.doombuggies.com/ that has more info than you ever needed to know about all the Haunted Mansions.

Edited by Flying Ace

I really love this. I wish it was a brick entry. Great rendering. It's really a beautiful scene.

Love the various cute faces! What is in the treasure chest being hauled up to the deck?