eurotrash

Lego spill temporarily closes Interstate 79!

"I imagine what took so long was the crews having to locate the pieces for, and put together, the entire "Hobbit" Bag End kit." LOL.

I just had to post one of the comments from the News stations page...

"I saw this happen. A giant lego man was driving a car made out of legos, lost control, hit the guardrail, and exploded into a thousand pieces. Investigators are trying to reconstruct the scene, and the car."

Bwa-haahahaha!

Well, hopefully they're easily replaceable if he's missing anything. It'd be a shame if it was a set with rare pieces.

Either she had that Durango packed with stuff or those were some big a$$ totes that she needed to strap them to the roof. 11 or 31...I'd be crying my eyes out if this happened to me. :grin:

What's a tote precious?

It is a company in the UK that sells slippers and umbrellas, that sort of thing. Not sure what the meaning is in this context though? Same as Durango, I am sure they are not talking about a load of LEGO bricks falling out of some slippers strapped to the top of a Mexican State? But I have no idea what the meanings are in this particular case?

"no doubt giving drivers traumatic flashbacks to the last time they stepped on a Lego brick in bare feet." :laugh:

All these poor little Lego pieces :cry_sad:

I saw something similar but at a smaller scale one morning when going to work: in the street a few dozen Lego parts, most already damaged by passing cars. I didn't try to salvage some, as it was rather dangerous to go on the road picking parts... (even if it was in a city street and not a highway like in that article)

11 or 31...I'd be crying my eyes out if this happened to me. :grin:

Ditto.

With a few luck, after that story is relayed everywhere, something will be organized to donate some Lego to the kid to replace the lost...

Same as Durango,

That's the vehicle model :wink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Durango

Ok, after a bit of googling I discovered that a tote is a sort of bag. like this. Though quite often these bags are without a fastening. Which would seem to be the sort of bag in this case. So yeah, dumbest place to put it is on the roof of a car travelling at speed. I hope the kid makes his mother suffer for her stupidity. :devil:

Dumb mom...

So yeah, dumbest place to put it is on the roof of a car travelling at speed. I hope the kid makes his mother suffer for her stupidity. :devil:

Without knowing exactly how and why the event happened, please avoid gratuitous statements about the people involved. Don't make me close this topic.

Without knowing exactly how and why the event happened, please avoid gratuitous statements about the people involved. Don't make me close this topic.

's/dumb/not very intelligent, judging by the idea and the subsequent FB post.../'

But hey. Bad stuff happens. Not sure what I would have thought if I'd been driving down 79 right then. :)

I feel sorry for the kid, hopefully he'll be able to replace anything damaged or lost.

Im surprised that no crazy AFOL/TFOL's ran out into the street

and tried to save as many pieces as they could!

LOL! I can just imagine dodging cars and scattering all over for the bricks! :laugh: :laugh:

Man, I feel really bad for this kid. :( Hopefully he did get back most of his pieces; I applaud the people who commented saying they'd donate their own bins of Lego to the mom. Epitome of selflessness and caring right there.

Ok, after a bit of googling I discovered that a tote is a sort of bag.

I think these they used this kind of Tote:

[plastic]

Not handbags and slippers

Yeah, I am in no doubt this is what she was referring to. I am sure no one would not stick a bag on top of their car, unless it absolutely crammed full. You can almost always find a spot for a bag to fit. Most likely a poor job anchoring it to the car or a strap failure... :classic:

Lesson of the day: (states the obvious) Don't put your LEGO on top of your car/SUV... Totally not worth it :tongue:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri