WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 7 to 9 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 7 to 9 Building Contest

8515231181_0ce1378e4e_c.jpg

8515370855_ac097d7d1d_c.jpg

*Special thanks to Eurobricks Bionicle Moderator, Brickthing for the design of the promotional poster*

The Contest:

Hey everyone, the very very long anticipated wait is finally over! I have been hearing people are tired and grow out of waiting, wondering when will the next LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series contest challenge begins? The Eurobricks LEGO Collectable Minifigures Contest has come a very very long way since we started our very first LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest, continuing with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest, following up with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest, LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest, LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 Building Contest and the last recent LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Building Contest. Eurobricks is proud to present for the seventh time of this brand new traditional challenging building contest with new combination for the months of March 2013 to May 2013. So, come on everyone and gather your bricks and start building your contest entries!

What You're Building

We are opening 3 major Building Categories for our Eurobricks Community. It's much more challenging, interesting and exciting than before. More importantly, we want to see your imagination guide your building inspiration.

Category 7A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 Collectable Minifigures from Series 7. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Category 8A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the recent 16 Collectable Minifigures from Series 8. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Category 9A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the brand new 16 Collectable Minifigures from Series 9. It can be Town, Medieval, Wild West, Fantasy or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and selected minifigure to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in Category 7A?

77.jpg

Aztec Warrior ~ Evil Knight ~ Valkyrie ~ Bride ~ Bunny Suit Guy ~ Daredevil ~ Swimming Champion ~ Hippie

Rocker Girl ~ Tennis Ace ~ Computer Programmer ~ Ocean King ~ Galaxy Space Patrol ~ Bagpiper ~ Jungle Boy ~ Grandma's Visitor

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY 7A*

Where would you display one of these in Category 8A?

7871023868_af56e94994_o.jpg

Fairy ~ Vampire Bat ~ Conquistador ~ Pirate Captain ~ Cheerleader ~ Cowgirl ~ Football Player ~ Santa

Lederhosen Guy ~ DJ ~ Diver ~ Actor ~ Alien Villainess ~ Businessman ~ Evil Robot ~ Downhill Skier

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY 8A*

Where would you display one of these in Category 9A?

8208290676_9b7bc5c739_o.jpg

Cyclops ~ Roman Emperor ~ Alien Avenger ~ Heroic Knight ~ Battle Mech ~ Chicken Suit Guy ~ Policeman ~ Waiter

Judge ~ Mr Good and Evil ~ Plumber ~ Roller Derby Girl ~ Mermaid ~ Fortune Teller ~ Hollywood Starlet ~ Forest Maiden

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY 9A*

Category 7A, 8A and 9A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CATEGORY 7A - No Series 7 minifigures are required for Category 7A. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 7 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 7 like the Grandma's Visitor's pinic basket, Evil Knight's shield, Tennis Ace's racket, Bagpiper's bagpipe, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 minifigures and parts are allow in this category. Please note that this rule also applies no usage of any parts and minifigures from Series 8 and 9.
  6. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CATEGORY 8A - No Series 8 minifigures are required for Category 8A. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 8 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 8 like the Football Player's trophy, Cowgirl's lasso, Lederhosen Guy's pretzel, Conquistador's armour, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 minifigures and parts are allow in this category. Please note that this rule also applies no usage of any parts and minifigures from Series 9.
  7. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CATEGORY 9A - No Series 9 minifigures are required for Category 9A. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 9 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 9 like the Judge's hammer, Heroic Knight's sword, Plumber's plunger, Mermaid's starfish, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  8. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  9. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  10. No placeholder minifigure (Series 7, 8 OR 9) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry for the respective eligible building category.
  11. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  12. Category 7A Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  13. Category 8A Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  14. Category 9A Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  15. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 3 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  16. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  17. No LDD entries.
  18. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  19. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  20. The contest begins now and will end on the 13th of May, 2013 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last eight days.
  21. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  22. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

The Prizes!

After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top vote recipients for each category will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to DarkFang. He will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, TLG has generously sponsored these new lovely minifigures from Series 7 to 9 while Eurobricks sponsored all handling/shipping costs.

Category 7A prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 set]

1st place: A choice of 6 of the new collectable minifigures from that set.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

Category 8A prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8 set]

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

Category 9A prizes [based on 1 complete LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9 set]

*Important: All prizes are not in their sealed packet. All accessories will be included in the shipping*

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes Administration Team

WhiteFang and Rufus

Excellent news...stupid newbie question here....sorry don't hurt me :sceptic: Is it one entry per category or must you choose the category you are entering?

I'm still kinda confused, if I wanted to use the a minifigure from let's say series 8, and it's a Santa related vignette would I be able to use his toy sack? Anyways great competition and fantastic news about you carrying this on!

Yipee! So what I take from this, I can't include the actual minifig that the build is based around can I?

Excellent news...stupid newbie question here....sorry don't hurt me :sceptic: Is it one entry per category or must you choose the category you are entering?

No such thing, called a stupid question.

Each Eurobricks member is entitled to enter up to 3 building categories. Each category is only meant for one Eurobrick's member submission. Multiple submission by the same Eurobricks member for the same category, will be deem as disqualified.

This looks fun! Maybe I'll enter this year. :sweet: There's a lot you can come up with for all of these figures through all the themes. Glad that this contest is back!

I'm still kinda confused, if I wanted to use the a minifigure from let's say series 8, and it's a Santa related vignette would I be able to use his toy sack? Anyways great competition and fantastic news about you carrying this on!

If you are building an entry for Category 7A or 8A, you are not allowed to use the Santa's toy sack since it is deem as a new LEGO CMFs element. However, the Santa's toy sack is applicable and qualified to be used in a Category 9A entry.

Yipee! So what I take from this, I can't include the actual minifig that the build is based around can I?

Under Rules Line 10: No placeholder minifigure (Series 7, 8 OR 9) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry for the respective eligible building category.

Hope this clarifies.

Okay, another question, who in the hell is darkfang? :laugh:

I am not too sure who is this Eurobricks Fellow but I heard that DarkFang had some elusive powers which resides between the realms of Star Wars and LEGO CMFs.

Don't try to poke more or you might suffer his wraith. :wink:

Now, shall we just continue to focus on this contest discussion. :sweet:

Thanks for bringing back this contest. I hadn't entered in the past, but I will definitely do it this year. And to have three separate categories to enter is even better. I'm liking the prizes too!

Now I just need to figure out what to build...

Wait I've got at question. Why is it we cannot use an official figure/parts in that figures category? So like we cannot use a series 9 figure in our series 9 vignette? I don't understand that.

Great contest, I start immediately to think for an idea :grin: :grin:

It's about time... :P

Exciting! I might actually build something. I had something for the Businessman made, but that's gone, so.. better start building!

EDIT: Question - Does the entry we make HAVE to be for the minifigure we want?

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Wait I've got at question. Why is it we cannot use an official figure/parts in that figures category? So like we cannot use a series 9 figure in our series 9 vignette? I don't understand that.

It's to make the contest fair for people who don't have / can't get hold of the figure they want to create a vignette for. This was particularly an issue for the earlier contests which happened prior to their corresponding series being available in some countries.

If the official minifig was allowed to be included if you had it, I suspect entries which did include it would get more votes than those that didn't, therefore entries without the official minifig would be at a disadvantage. Forcing people to have the official minifig would severely restrict some people's choice of entry and possibly stop others from being able to enter at all.

It's to make the contest fair for people who don't have / can't get hold of the figure they want to create a vignette for. This was particularly an issue for the earlier contests which happened prior to their corresponding series being available in some countries.

If the official minifig was allowed to be included if you had it, I suspect entries which did include it would get more votes than those that didn't, therefore entries without the official minifig would be at a disadvantage. Forcing people to have the official minifig would severely restrict some people's choice of entry and possibly stop others from being able to enter at all.

Ahh, ok. Eh, still sucks. I don't feel like its a Series 7, 8, or 9 contest if it doesn't actually include anything from those series. Most likely going to give a second thought to entering now.

A few Questions

1. I can have a over-hang of up to 2 studs, but in every direction?

2. So i cant have any 7-9 Figures/Pieces in my entre(s)

3. Can i Enter in all 3 catagories?

Thanks

I will let the creator answer officially, but my understanding is:

2. It looks like you can have figures from previous series in your entry, as long as it is a prior series and not the series your category entry is. Example, if you are building a series 7 entry, then you can't have 7, 8, or 9 in the vignette, but you can have earlier figures. So I think you can use other figures from the previous series in the MOC, just not from that series.

3.From WhiteFang: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80081entry1531319 and http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80081entry1531323 So you can enter all three categories, but only once.

This is very cool. I wasn't here yet for prior CMF contests, but its a very good idea. I've already got my S7 entry done, I think.