Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Die Barracuda

thindexedgif.gif 2c

Here is a ship created by Brickshelf user DundS I mentioned in my Bored of Brickshelf list.

rotrock04.jpg

Die Barracuda, Rotrock Flaggschiff (The Barracuda, Red coat (British) Flagship)

And the MOC in this (recently created) Brickshelf folder sure is interesting, those strange looking wall pieces aren't a very nice looking or realistic for castle and it's probably the same for pirates. They're so weird.......black with gold......

Some great finds oo7!

I have a lot to say about these ships, but first a question to Mr. Tiber or Mr. Phes:

Are we going to discuss these 2 ships in 1 thread or make a split first?

Some great finds oo7!

I have a lot to say about these ships, but first a question to Mr. Tiber or Mr. Phes:

We're gonna split it! On that way, the ships get their own attention, while on this thread, you need to say what ship you mean before you start commenting...

These ships are so very interesting they both receive their own threads? They have standard hulls with standard masts, nothing really spectacular.......Ok, Ok, fine.

Do we plan to give each individual ship uploaded to Brickshelf it's own thread no matter the quality of the actual MOC? This Pirate forum seems to get crazier and crazier every day......... :-/

All this seems way too obsessive. :'-(

These ships are so very interesting they both receive their own threads? They have standard hulls with standard masts, nothing really spectacular.......Ok, Ok, fine.

Do we plan to give each individual ship uploaded to Brickshelf it's own thread no matter the quality of the actual MOC? This Pirate forum seems to get crazier and crazier every day......... :-/

I'm currently building a ship myself and realize how much work is needed to build one.

That's why I think that each ship deserves a separate thread unless it is really crappy or not very good and then there is really no need to make a thread at all! You can still add a link in the "Index: MOC ships-discussion thread" so we'll just add the link to the index.

But these 2 deck ships that you posted really deserve a thread according to me. Respect the ship :-D !

Now, about this ship:

What I like is the size, the 2 gun-decks, color scheme is not great but ok

I especially like the access ports/gates on the side of the ship!

What I would change:

- Mast need to be higher

- bow castle is a bit too squary

- the stern is a bit too high and not very "integrated". Would be better if it was just a bit lower.

It depends on the quality, and I think these have a good quality.

I'm currently building a ship myself and realize how much work is needed to build one.

That's why I think that each ship deserves a separate thread unless it is really crappy or not very good and then it seems not to make a thread for it! You can still add a link in the "Index: MOC ships-discussion thread" so we'll just add the link to the index.

But these 2 deck ships that you posted really deserve a thread according to me.

As long as you can see the builder put effort in this ships it deserves a thread.

- the stern is a bit too high and not very "integrated". Would be better if it was just a bit lower.

That depends of the time the ship was made an the ship types. I believe, the late 18th century frigates indeed had integrated cabins/sterns. But the earlier galleons and such had high to very high sterns...

That depends of the time the ship was made an the ship types. I believe, the late 18th century frigates indeed had integrated cabins/sterns. But the earlier galleons and such had high to very high sterns...

Indeed, but then they would also have a high(er) forecastle which is not the case with this ship.

Some examples to illustrate:

carrack1.jpggalleon.jpg

Btw, I really like the "topic description": class 4 ship of the line, 50 heavy cannons and 6 light cannons

Indeed, but then they would also have a high(er) forecastle which is not the case with this ship.

You have a good point Bonaparte!

But if a ship has a high stern it doesn't directly means it has to have a high forecastle, I saw picture of frigates with sterns not integrated from the 18th century and the forecastle was had the same hight as the top deck.

You have a good point Bonaparte!

But if a ship has a high stern it doesn't directly means it has to have a high forecastle, I saw picture of frigates with sterns not integrated from the 18th century and the forecastle was had the same hight as the top deck.

I guess such ships existed, but the are probably a minority.

Do you have some pictures of ships like that you can post here?

I guess such ships existed, but the are probably a minority.

Do you have some pictures of ships like that you can post here?

If you can tell me what you mean with integrated more precisly: You mean like on a flushed deck or just nicely intergrated? (flushed deck is a contionous deck from bow to stern)

If you can tell me what you mean with integrated more precisly: You mean like on a flushed deck or just nicely intergrated? (flushed deck is a contionous deck from bow to stern)

Not flushed, just nicely integrate. Not like there is suddenly arising a house on the stern of the ship.

With the Excalibur I tried to make the stern-castle (correct term?) and fore-castle extremely integrated.

Not flushed, just nicely integrate. Not like there is suddenly arising a house on the stern of the ship.

With the Excalibur I tried to make the stern-castle (correct term?) and fore-castle extremely integrated.

Oh, in that case I don't have any pictures to post :-P .

I agree, the sterncastle of this ship could be a bit more integrated, unless the forecastle was higher...

Hello,

I am pleased that my ship "Barracuda" is so interesting for you. We are 2 persons. I built the Barracuda and my friend built the HMS Sirius. Both ships are invented freely and do not have any direct original example. I have bought the original ship of Lego for myself two times and built a large ship, the Barracuda.

You find even further Lego - creations, on our web page www.startrekfilmer.de/Lego.

Greetings

Daniel G

Hello,

I am pleased that my ship "Barracuda" is so interesting for you. We are 2 persons. I built the Barracuda and my friend built the HMS Sirius. Both ships are invented freely and do not have any direct original example. I have bought the original ship of Lego for myself two times and built a large ship, the Barracuda.

You find even further Lego - creations, on our web page www.startrekfilmer.de/Lego.

Greetings

Daniel G

Welcome to you both! It is nice to have the creators on the forum, so you can answer our questions about the MOCs! I have a qeustion. It seems there are to cabins on this ship. But there is only one row of windows at the back of the stern... Why?

Welcome! Nice to have you here *y*

Welcome to you both! It is nice to have the creators on the forum, so you can answer our questions about the MOCs! I have a qeustion. It seems there are to cabins on this ship. But there is only one row of windows at the back of the stern... Why?

Let me add some questions: Does this ship have an interior? Do you have some pictures of the inside?

I did not want to install too many windows in the lower row because already two windows are on the side. In addition, I could attach a couple of ornamentations behind. I then liked this better.

Welcome! Nice to have you here *y*

Let me add some questions: Does this ship have an interior? Do you have some pictures of the inside?

Thank you.

The accommodation of the captain in the upper row has a bed, a table with glasses, a chair and a rubbish bin.

One can fold the complete rear down. Unfortunately, I have no pictures from inside. Actually only the upper accommodation is set up.

Die Barracuda

Why would you want the barracuda to die? What did they ever do to you? X-D

Steve

What did they do to me?!? They're Pirates! They stole all my gold!

X-D Dumb Jokes. I was actually wondering who would be the first to comment on that. Since the 'British Flagship' despription was in German I used the German word for 'the', being Die for the name of the ship, Die Barracuda.

Obsessive? Crazy? :S

Maybe a little. :-$ I like to see how others build larger ships. It can be challenging to build 2 deckers with 16 wide hulls. It's not often they don't look tipsy. And this one does a descant job of doing that.

If it's a good MOC, then make another thread about it. If ppl get bored of all the BS finds, then don't post or go to them. (I mean that the nicest way possible oo7 :) )

I don't know, I just go with the flow really.

Respect the ship :-D !

LOL! :-D

Sounds like B has been spending too much time @ FBTB.

Hello,

Greetings

Daniel G

Nice work you two *y* :) .

It looks like a BSB on steroids and miracle grow.

Welcome to Eurobricks.

Phred

Some great finds oo7!

Mr Tiber has your answer! We should all thank him for his efficiency.

We're gonna split it! On that way, the ships get their own attention, while on this thread, you need to say what ship you mean before you start commenting...

Good work Mr Tiber!, however you forgot to put a link to the HMS Sirius thread to let everyone know they were split. It appears nobody has posted in the Sirius thread so I'm gonna go post there right now!

Good work Mr Tiber!, however you forgot to put a link to the HMS Sirius thread to let everyone know they were split. It appears nobody has posted in the Sirius thread so I'm gonna go post there right now!

I was saving my comments for Sirius for tomorrow Mr. Phes.

Might I suggest to bring the description of the "Sirius"-topic in line with the description of the "Die Barracuda"-topic.

You could write for the Sirius-description: class 4 ship of the line, 50 heavy cannons and 6 light cannons

It really does harken back to the BSB a lot, maybe a hair too much for my tastes, but it is certainly well done.

I think the only qualm I would have with the ship is that the masts look too small. I think they need to be larger for more sail power, or this would be a very slow ship. It doesn't matter how many guns you have if they can always stay out of range!

Anyhow, welcome to Eurobricks, Daniel! Keep MOCing! *y*

It really does harken back to the BSB a lot, maybe a hair too much for my tastes, but it is certainly well done.

I think the only qualm I would have with the ship is that the masts look too small. I think they need to be larger for more sail power, or this would be a very slow ship. It doesn't matter how many guns you have if they can always stay out of range!

Anyhow, welcome to Eurobricks, Daniel! Keep MOCing! *y*

Yes, I know. The masts are usually bigger according to the original pictures. I should reorder parts here first time, though. I still think it over here.