El Bucanero

HMS Sirius, BS find

Now this is one inventive figurehead!

bild17.jpg

Its one of those "simple and effective" designs that even The LEGO Group could incorporate into a set should they ever decide to release a Imperial Armada Treasure Galleon to transport the oodles of Achu's gold back to the old world.

But where does the plain white mini-figure come from?

The figure underneath Ghosts where all white I think. Other wise it could be turned backwards, or Brasso-ed. The solid white head is a better question, but it could just be a skeleton head turned backwards.

As for the ship, I rather like it, but there are a few issues I have with it.

What I like:

1) Size, nice length and nice number of guns.

2) Masts, they look to be tall enough and well rigged. However, I always sort of dislike putting yard arms on the second to top and very top of the classic bowsprit piece. It just looks too short to be a real sail of an sort.

3) Details including the figurehead, poop deck, bell, and long boat usage.

What I dislike:

1) The red hull doesn't really fit with the rest of the ship too well.

2) The yellow on the back of the ship doesn't really jib either, it seems like the color goes from a little bit of white to all white all of a sudden without a great transition, and it makes the yellow seem out of place a little bit. I realize it might have been needed because of the window colors, though the same could be said about my ship, the Venganza.

3) The back cabins look very nice, but I am curious why there is a balcony when there is no way to get on it!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The ghost mini-figure! Of course! I have one of them somewhere...

What about the Achu head piece, are all of those decorated or is the one used for this MOC a mod?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The ghost mini-figure! Of course! I have one of them somewhere...

What about the Achu head piece, are all of those decorated or is the one used for this MOC a mod?

I don't know... believe it or not, I never had one!

However, a quick bricklink search reveals they did indeed come in straight up yellow!

x262.gif

Did you happen to note which set it was from?

It appears all of the ones I see listed as being from a set are decorated ones from the jungle adventure line. This doesn't mean it didn't come out in another set that I am just unaware of, but I do not know which set it is from.

Nice MOC,

Stern castle is really square, but otherwise it's great.

I really like the figurehead. Very creative indeed.

Phred

Ahhh yes Mister Phred, the stern!

bild13.jpg

Its not quite as as wide as the stern of the HMS Bellerophon is it?

Its quite ornate looking and I think the builder has got a nice balance between the yellow and white, plus the hinges on the window frames add to the decoration.

However, part the remainder of the ship is black and then there's this big hulking white and yellow stern castle at the rear. So how well does the stern castle work with the rest of the ship?

Ahhh yes Mister Phred, the stern!

However, part the remainder of the ship is black and then there's this big hulking white and yellow stern castle at the rear. So how well does the stern castle work with the rest of the ship?

I agree, see the post I have above. I edited it after you read it the first time probably. I also question the sudden switch to lots of white and yellow when the rest of the ship is black and white.

I have similar concerns for the fact that the hull is all red.

And something else concerning the stern which has got me pondering...

I notice there are a row of hinges along the bottom, presumably to give it that 35 degree angle but could it also lead way to the possibility that the entire stern opens up like a hatch?

I notice there are a row of hinges along the bottom, presumably to give it that 35 degree angle but could it also lead way to the possibility that the entire stern opens up like a hatch?

It in fact does. Look at the BS folder!...

Or here...

bild25.jpg

Oops! I did look in the Brickshelf Folder but I didn't get round to looking at every image so from thumbnail view I wasn't sure what that was exactly. All cleared up now!

After taking a good long look at the pictures, here are my comments:

I like this ship, its better than the average!

Especially the mast are good (good length) and it has some good rigging.

The color scheme (red, grey, blue, white, black) could be better. There are a bit too many colors.

The ship has 7 hull-mid-sections (which I like) BUT the width is not expanded (by using invert slopes).

As a result the ship is too narrow compared to the length and height! The builder should at least have used 3 rows of inverted slopes on each side.

There are again no pictures of the inside, except for the stern castle |-/

It was the figurehead on the SES... And this ship is another nice find. The standard seems to be improving dramatically lately...

God Bless,

Nathan

Hello,

I am pleased that my ship Sirius is so interesting for you. Your answers are very helpful. I have begun to built a new details of my ship. The stern was not correctly. I don't like this too. I will post further pictures of my work.

Greetings

Captain K.

Hello,

I am pleased that my ship Sirius is so interesting for you. Your answers are very helpful. I have begun to built a new details of my ship. The stern was not correctly. I don't like this too. I will post further pictures of my work.

Greetings

Captain K.

Welcome! Always good to see the MOCer as well as the MOC ; )

God Bless,

Nathan

Hello,

Greetings

Captain K.

New details? Interesting! Welcome to the forum Cap'n K! Can you give us a hint about those new details?

I have a question about the balcony on the stern: It seems there is no acces to it so why did you make it?

Good catch Simon! Double plus bonus points for you!

Oh, thanks, have I earned my flag-next-to-my-name already??? :'-)

Oh, thanks, have I earned my flag-next-to-my-name already??? :'-)

I don't even have one of those :-|

Hello,

Greetings

Captain K.

Welcome Captain K.

It would be great to see some more pictures of the interior of the ship!