Fugazi

10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

LEGO reveals the latest Star Wars exclusive at LEGOWorld Copenhagen!

10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Ages 16+. 1,558 pieces.

Build the ultimate LEGO Star Wars X-wing Starfighter!

US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK

Collect and create the most highly detailed LEGO® Star Wars X-wing Starfighter ever produced. This iconic starfighter is featured in many of the most exciting Star Wars battle scenes, including the decisive battle scene above planet Yavin. Recreate the moment when Luke Skywalker’s X-wing delivered the proton torpedo that led to the destruction of the Imperial Death Star! With 1,558 pieces, this realistically detailed model features opening wings and cockpit, a special display stand, data sheet label and R2-D2.

• Includes R2-D2 atromech droid
  • Features highly authentic detailing, and opening wings and cockpit
  • Includes 1558 pieces
  • Measures over 10" (26cm) high, 20" (52cm) long and 18" (46cm) wide
  • Includes display stand and data sheet label!

Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning May 2013 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO Stores or via phone.

gallery_8966_235_355026.jpg

gallery_8966_235_192411.jpg

gallery_8966_235_73980.jpg

gallery_8966_235_26994.jpg

gallery_8966_235_19215.jpggallery_8966_235_33796.jpg

gallery_8966_235_28767.jpg

gallery_8966_235_45016.jpg

gallery_8966_235_64178.jpg

gallery_8966_235_53851.jpg

gallery_8966_235_105785.jpggallery_8966_235_113774.jpg

gallery_8966_235_29021.jpg

gallery_8966_235_57705.jpg

gallery_8966_235_2439.jpg

gallery_8966_235_128380.jpg

It's between this and the Executor for me. If I really want to lose all my money I'll get both.

I dig the new windscreen.

Well, it's nice to finally see. The R2 unit looks too small, I almost wish they would have just made a more proportionate top, like with Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter. The s-foil mechanism looks smooth. I'll be curious to see how it feels in person; how "stable" it is. Is that windscreen printed, or are those stickers? Stickers would be a disappointment. I couldn't get the a-wing ones on just right.

It's a must buy for me!

Edited by Churchill

A new UCS X-wing? I admit that I did wonder if the day would come - Glad I stopped officially collecting them last year or I would feel slightly mad having two UCS' of the same set! I'm slightly surprised they bought out a new X-wing before a first UCS TIE, but perhaps it will increase the likelihood of one.

Not a bad set though, It looks well designed and a great display piece. At this stage I imagine I'll be picking one up. It certainly does give me hope for a re-released 3450 Statue of Liberty!

Yeah, a bit too same old same old for me. I will have to pick up the B-Wing first, then lots of other stuff before getting back to this one.

Swooshed it a couple of hours ago.

It looks good, well designed and interesting techniuqes. Some new parts, like the cockpit and a techic looking part at the end of the engines. Sadly to say there are stickers instead of printed parts, especially hard on the cockpit. It had some bubbles (of course it depends on how good you are to apply them) and it gives a non-clear glas look.

The wings can be moved into X-position with turning of a dish thingy and the upper left wing is connected to the lower right one, and the other way around.

But overall my first hands on thoughts are positive. I'll get one a least!

The view on the box definitely isn't the most flattering, but as I said in the rumors thread, I still think the nose looks off. The tip looks too fat. Additionally, there's the way the plates are layered on top, only tapering for a few studs before continuing straight back, and the nose's side is a full three bricks (two bricks and three plates) straight up. The entire nose looks much too squarish and blocky. Even in the back view, the dominating shape of the fuselage, the first shape that I see when I look at it, is a rectangle, when it should be a hexagon.

The way the ship as a whole appears to have been designed reminds me more of an oversized System model than what I would consider to be a true dedicated UCS model.

I love it! I'll admit I probably won't get it (saving money for current projects) but it would be nice to own a UCS X-Wing since I missed out on the first one when I first started collecting LEGO Star Wars. I love the little details such as the ice picks used for the engine intakes.

The way the ship as a whole appears to have been designed reminds me more of an oversized System model than what I would consider to be a true dedicated UCS model.

At some point, someone will look at the SW licence and realize that you can't invent the wheel twice, or thrice... (and I love Lego SW, and buy lots of sets).

OK, I'm new to the UCS series - but my first impression is that R2 minfig is too small for this model. His head needs a 3 stud diameter to be in scale. Otherwise - a very nice looking model.

So any idea if it'll be out for sure on May 4th? I usually make a trip to local LEGO store to pick up freebies along with whatever I can waste money on. :D

mmmh, I don't know. The only real complain I have, is the apparent lack of landing gear :(

Apart from that, it still looks awesome, even though not that different than the original. I just hope they aren't starting a new trend of rerelease of old UCS sets the way they currently do for the system ones.

Yes, I know, there is only so much iconic ships they can make before running out but in UCS scale, there are still quite a few they haven't done yet.

I'm definitely getting it.

Eh - by American standards it seems to be inappropriately expensive, but it's a nice model. The cockpit is nice, especially with the targeting computer on the rod that looks like (hopefully) it might retract away.

Hmm..stickers... :sceptic:

Oh well, I guess that was expected..but it still looks great and very well designed.

Looking at newer pictures, it still has an awkward nose but it looks like it would be something I can get used too, or revamp.. :classic:

Definitely getting one of these. I was in the middle of my dark ages when the last one was out, so I'm perfectly fine with them remaking an old UCS. :classic:

Oh, boy. I love this model. Of course I missed out on the first one so I don't mind the rehash. I don't really have a place to put it and it will probably stay in the box for quite some time. I also initially thought the R-2 looked a bit small, but then again astro droids are kind of small anyway so it dosn't bother me.

Very similar to the last one. Better in some ways, worse in others. As already mentioned, the flatness of the nose cone is a killer - It should come to a sharper point. The engines look too gappy for my liking too, considering it is no more accurate or detailed.

Had the original, will be getting this along with the B-Wing for sure. Like that its not minifig scale too, although R2 gets to be in his 2nd UCS set in 12 months.

That's really nice :wub: :wub: :wub: I want one!! I'm glad it's not just me who's noticed the scale issue with R2...