General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

I don't think some book-related stuff would be troubling for TLG. Although I can't really see them doing that,

we did find a palantir holder in the Weathertop set, inside of the hill itself.

I think it would be great if The LEGO Group did Minas Tirith similar to Helm's Deep. Having the add on wall section would be an easy way to give us a battle pack without really having a battle pack.

I'd like a Cirith Ungol set with blue and black uruks as well as a few orcs and Frodo, without a top and bits of web on him. It'd be cool if they could do a torso for his Mithril shirt which the Orc and Uruk fight over,

I'd also love a Barad-Dûr but I doubt we'll see one. Not much for playability, unless they put a light or something in the eye. As for minifigures they could put in Frodo and Sam wearing Orc armour and could maybe add the big Orc who inspects the ranks (might only be in the extended edition)

I'm going to post my ideas:

Wave 3: Iconic Scenes

Resting in Lorien: tree model from the game and the Mirror with waterfall. Minifigs would be Frodo (white shirt and suspenders), Galadriel, Celeborn, Legolas (Lorien elf garb) $40

Fangorn Forest: Treebeard and a giant rock to throw. Minifigs: Merry, Pippin, Grishnakh $20

Amon Hen Attack: the Seat of Seeing ruins, a few brick built trees, and a catapult to launch Lurtz. Minifigs: Boromir, Lurtz, Aragorn, and 2 Uruk-hai.$50

Osgiliath Ambush: the bridge where Frodo stands, a brick-built Fell Beast, and a tower. Minifigs: Frodo, Faramir, Nazgul, Sam, an Orc, and a Gondor soldier. $60

Edoras: basically just a down scaled Golden Hall. Anything else would sacrifice the size of the hall. Inside it would have a rotating chair. Minifigs: Theoden (Old), Grima, Theoden, Aragorn, Gandalf the White, Hama, and Eowyn. $80

Minas Morgul: the fortress with lots of glow in the dark tiles. Minifigs: Frodo, Sam, Gollum, and 6 Nazgul. $100 (exclusive)

Edited by Tolkien

Watcher in the Water: Doors of Durin and a brick built Watcher. Minifigs: Gandalf the Grey and Frodo. $10

The Bridge of Khaza-dum: The Balrog like in the game, a large bridge, and a large stairway with falling parts. Minifigs: 4 Moria Orcs, Gandalf, Aragorn, Sam (Fellowship jacket), and Boromir. $90

Wave 4: Siege of Gondor and Fall of Sauron

Minas Tirith: Nuju Metru's design except without the Fell Beast or catapult. Minifigs: Gandalf the White, Gondor Pippin, Denethor, Gothmog, Faramir, 4 orcs, 4 Gondor soldiers, and 2 Citadel Guards. $200

Oliphant Ambush: a brick-built Oliphant. Very large. Minifigs: 2 Haradrim, 2 Easterlings, 2 Gondor soldiers, and a mounted Rohirrim Rider. $80

Cirith Ungol: The tower with a few different levels. Minifigs: Frodo (Orc Disguise), Sam (Orc Disguise), and 3 orcs.$60

Mount Doom: the mountain, built similar to Weathertop. The top would be open showing the Cracks of Doom and a small bridge. Minifigs: Frodo (Weary), Sam (Weary), Gollum, the Orc leader with the whip, and Isildur. $50

Fell Beast Attack: brick built Fell Beast Minifigs: Eowyn (Dernhelm), Witch-King, Merry, Theoden. $30

Orc Catapult: Nuju Metru's Orc Catapult. Minifigs: 4 orcs $10

Paths of the Dead: a rock wall with falling skulls. Minifigs: Aragorn, King of the Dead, and an Oathbreaker. $20

The Grey Havens: the boat to sail to the Havens. Minifigs: Finery Frodo, Finery Sam, Finery Merry, Finery Pippin, Gandalf, Elrond, and Galadriel. $100 (exclusive)

I don't think some book-related stuff would be troubling for TLG. Although I can't really see them doing that,

we did find a palantir holder in the Weathertop set, inside of the hill itself.

I agree but I would love to see a Tom Bombadil, and I also hope for a Treebeard set, maybye in 2014. :sadnew:

I'd like a Cirith Ungol set with blue and black uruks as well as a few orcs and Frodo, without a top and bits of web on him. It'd be cool if they could do a torso for his Mithril shirt which the Orc and Uruk fight over,

I'd also love a Barad-Dûr but I doubt we'll see one. Not much for playability, unless they put a light or something in the eye. As for minifigures they could put in Frodo and Sam wearing Orc armour and could maybe add the big Orc who inspects the ranks (might only be in the extended edition)

If Barad-Dur ever is on the cards i would like to see either one set in the scene that you say the way to mt doom. (I'd like to see a mount doom also) Or the prologue of the fellowship of the ring.Either way i'd like to certainly see a minifigure version of sauron as there would be no other opportunity to get one!!! having said that, we might see a necromancer figure in the winter wave of hobbit sets!!

I'd like to see a set with Azog as i was saddened not to see him in the unexpected journey wave. Also radagast would be good. I think what would be very cool would be a set with the trolls and the campfire and the huge rock gandalf smashes in half. Minifigs: Three trolls,one pony,bilbo possibly with a scruffier jacket as it had got quite wet and roughed up in the rain.,Gandalf and killi. Imagined price point £40-£50.

I think for radagast a small set with his sled and two wargs would be good (with rabbits of course) Minifigs: Radagast the Brown,hunter orc and another orc perhaps azog as he was replaced by the figure who was in this scene in the set that should have been his. Imagined price point: £11.99.

LOTR-Wise i'd like to see The Bridge of khazadum!! The balrog from the video-game and the actual bridge and a play feature for the balrog half of the bridge to break off!! Minifigs: gandalf the grey with hair cape staff and sword,Frodo with a regular upset face rather than the posessed one. An orc wearing a helmet perhaps. Imagined price point: £19.99.

Boromir's Last Stand would be good or amon hen. Could include a tree for aragorn to be pinned up against. I don't know what its called but the big stone table type thing with the stairs that aragorn fights uruks on top of. Minifigs: Boromir(with a horn),lurtz in armour,aragorn with green cape,merry and pippin and maybe one uruk .Same sort of size set as weathertop. imagined price point £39.99-£49.99. The table type thing should be about the same sort of height and maybe have a launching play feature to shoot a figure off the top (perhaps like in palpatine's arrest In star wars).

I'd like to have a set of the witch king fighting eowyn and theoden.It should include

two horses and the fell beast for the witch king. Minifigs: the Witch King of Angmar,theoden without helmet and perhaps other side of head with some scarring. Eowyn with hair and includes helmet as well, merry in rohan armour,a ringwraith and maybe an orc to balance it out. Imagined price point: £25-£30.

also some sets making up the battle of pelenor fields that can be used together. One with an oliphant and a horse or two including aragorn,legolas, and about 4 evil men that use the oliphants and maybe an orc for about £69.99. another set with a siege tower and a wall section of minas tirith. Another one with the same sort of thing but with a catapult each containing four gondor soldiers and some orcs and maybe one with a troll for about £35 each. And then finally in the spirit of helm's deep a large set with the large mountain type structure with the courtyard on top and an interior inside with the throne room. Also in the set the gates which attach to the wall sections mentioned above also the battering ram. Minfigures:Gandalf the White on shadowfax,Denethor,Faramir,Pippin in gondor armour, two trolls,Gondor captain,and two orcs. Price point about £100-£119.99.

I have a idea for the next few years lord of the rings set. I think we will see Three more waves and then a big finale set solr only at lego stores.

Starting off the third wave is

Ringwrath attack

figures: Frodo,Pippin and a black rider

a black horse for the rider and two small trees

100-200 pices

imagned price point 10.00

Warg Attack

Aragorn, King Theoden nomral (cape no armor) , eowyn normal with dress legs and normal legs, 2 orcs

2 wargs and 2 horses some buches and pice that can fall off it remake the scene where Aragorn falls off with the warg

200-300 pices

imagened price point 20.00-30.00

Lothorien

Galadrial, Celeborn, frodo, Bormair

a stair case that has 3 floors the frist floor is the mirror the scond floor is chat roomor a room where the Galadrial can talk to Enrold the thrid and final floor is a weapn like floor where the gifts are kind of.

400-500 pices

imaged price point 40.00-50.00

Mount Doom

Frodo, Sam, Gollum , and 2 blue orks and a red one

a ,meduim sized mountain with a enrance and a long bridge and fuction where it can make 2 chareters fall off

Minas Tirith levels 1-3

4 gondor solderies 2 ithilien solderies , 2 orks, 2 mordor orks troll and Gothmog

a half cirle on each floor with each having 300 or so pices to make it. Also the bad guys could have a badering ram to try to breack the doors the main thing is the front gate which needs to be impressive

well thats my wave 3 i would change it but got to keep it relaststic check soon for my fourth and fith wave ideas and the final set

Three more waves is honestly just wishful thinking.

We'd be even lucky to get to have one more, final wave until it ends,

since there won't be any more Middle-Earth movies, etc. - the line may have a bad time selling past 2014 with no new stuff coming,

so let's hope TLG is willing to end the LOTR theme with a bang and release one more, great wave with around 6-7 sets, including or excluding a D2C set.

Edited by General Magma

With the third Hobbit movie coming out only 6 months after the second, it may be a long time before we see anymore LOTR sets unless Lego starts mixing the two trilogies together.

Three more waves is honestly just wishful thinking.

We'd be even lucky to get to have one more, final wave until it ends,

since there won't be any more Middle-Earth movies, etc.

I never understood that thinking tbh. LotR is big enough to stand on its own feet and imo it already does! Or is it really dependend on The Hobbit? How so?

Person A: "What is this Lord of the Rings stuff?"

Person B: "Didn't you see The Hobbit? Its the same universe"

Person A: "Oh yeah, great. Now I'll buy that Lord of the Rings Lego!"

Or more like:

Person A: "Yeah, I saw The Hobbit. Let's buy Helm's Deep!"

I admit having no idea of how business works (I don't need to in my job), but that I cannot not imagine at all...

you may call me a pessimist, but i highly doubt that there will be a third wave at all.

i think we will get this orthanc set and this it how it ends. unfortunately.

but if anyone from lego can hear me: do us a favor and make a wtich king set!

i dont care about a fell beast or another pippin, but iam desperate for that helmet!

I never understood that thinking tbh. LotR is big enough to stand on its own feet and imo it already does! Or is it really dependend on The Hobbit? How so?

Person A: "What is this Lord of the Rings stuff?"

Person B: "Didn't you see The Hobbit? Its the same universe"

Person A: "Oh yeah, great. Now I'll buy that Lord of the Rings Lego!"

Or more like:

Person A: "Yeah, I saw The Hobbit. Let's buy Helm's Deep!"

I admit having no idea of how business works (I don't need to in my job), but that I cannot not imagine at all...

The point here is, LEGO LOTR is part of Middle-Earth merchandise. Without anything to support the aforementioned merchandise,

such as new films, TV series and such, the line won't be likely to sell well enough in order for it to survive. Most others have thought the same as well. Perhaps it'd be able to stand on its own feet,

but it likely wouldn't be able to, if we were to go by how it went with past licenses.

Edited by General Magma

Heres my idea for a fourth wave of Lord Of The Rings hope you like it

Rohan Camp

this is inspired by the sceene where Rohan are waiting to move to Minis Trith

3 rohan solders

a small camp fire and 2 litte tents and a hourse

100-200 pieces

12.00-13.00

Barad-Dur

(tower with the eye)

a tower in hieght similr to Helms Deep

2 orks

200-300 pieces

20.00-30.00

Oliphaunt Attack

2 Ithilien soliders, Farmair, 3 sothernes

a brick built Oliphaunt with a tree

300-400 pieces

30.00-40.00

Endros

Theadod (double sided head cursed, nomarl) grima Woemtouge, Gandalf the white, leglas, 2 soliders

a small litte thing out side 50 pieces or less and a little sigh that says ROHAN

A meduim sized set with a roof that comes off and side that you can open

400-600 pieces

40.00-60.00

Ongsloth

Farmar, 2 ithilien solders, 2 orcs and black rider

a set in lengh as Mines of Moria with 2 little boats and a feature where you make make it collapese like in the movielike the Helm Deep play feautre

400-500

40.00-50.00

Minis Trith leveles 4-6

4 gondor soliders, 4 orks, 2 mordor orks,

if you read my ideas for wave three on page 4 you will see Minis trith leveles 1-3 well get this that frist part can connnect to this parrt. Now not to detaild but some room for the next wave of sets whre its BAD VS GOOD

1000-1500

100.00-150.00

STAY TUNED for my next wave of ideas BAD VS GOOD and the final set

so this is the final wave of sets now to note in my 2 posts above i said nothing abot the batlle at Minis Trith well thats becuase this wave focuses entarley on that battle no Mordor,Hobbition nithing but the battle so lets get starrted

Gondor and Rohan Team Up

1 gondor solider & 1 rohan solider and ork

a horse and a little calatiplet for the ork

100-150 pieces

10.00-15.00

Witch King desminse

The Witch King, King Theadon, Eyowyen (battle outfit), Merry (battle outfit)

a brickbuild fell beast

200-300 pieces

20.00-30.00

Rohan work together

1 gondor soldier and 3 Rohan soldiers 2 orks 1 Easterling and 2 sothers

a brick built Olipaunt and 2 horses

600-700 pieces

60.00-70.00

Take down

Aragon, Gimli, itliahian soldeier and 4 orks

a weapon silmair to the one in urki army set that the bad guys are using

200-300 pieces

20.00-30.00

The 2 breach

2 Gondor solderiers soldier of the dead and 2 orks, 2 mordor orks and a troll

that thing in the movie that the bad guys push to the walls of Minius Trith the troll moves it and the orks attack

600-700 pieces

60.00-70.00

Eomar's attack

Eomar (where he take hes helment off and we get his hair) 2 orks

a horse and 3 basckets full of weapons

Minis Trith level 7

the final level of the city the one with the white tree

gandalf the white,pippin,Dethor, Farmair, 1 Gondor solider and 2 Citadel gaurds

the white tree and a mdium sized bulding on it that has the kings thrown and a remoble fire piece that denthor uses to kill him self. The back of this set is open for you to get the figure inside. now this connects to the first 2 parts of Minis the lengh of it my be the lengh of a scholl desk

1000-2000

100.00-200.00

Well thats the final wave that i think could go pretty epic oh wait i forgot this so what you do is ordor from lego store you chose from what you what

GONDOR

ROHAN

MORDOR ORKS

ORKS

you decied you choose five can have more than one kingdom and you pay 10.00 and you have 5 figures coming you way that you decied

check soon for my ide for the final set

Most of those just seem like battle packs with different names and slightly different minifigure combinations katy..? Lol?

The point here is, LEGO LOTR is part of Middle-Earth merchandise. Without anything to support the aforementioned merchandise,

such as new films, TV series and such, the line won't be likely to sell well enough in order for it to survive. Most others have thought the same as well. Perhaps it'd be able to stand on its own feet,

but it likely wouldn't be able to, if we were to go by how it went with past licenses.

Exactly. Remember the main Lego audience is children. If there is no movie or television series to keep them interested in the line they will quickly forget about it and move on to something else. They aren't hardcore fans of the series for years or even decades like us AFOLs going on little more than books, if there isn't something to constantly make them aware the line exist and keep them interested they are going to go buy TMNT or Star Wars or whatever else they may see on TV instead.

Edited by Deathleech

I'm going to do the Hobbit sets:

Desolation of Smaug

Hall of the Elvenking- Like COE but bigger and instead of four chairs there would be a large throne. Minifigs: Elvenking, Thorin, Bilbo, and a Mirkwood guard. $49.99

Escape to Rivendell: A big rock with flipping function, two Wargs, and Radagast's Bunny Sled. Minifigs: Radagast, two Orcs, and Bofur. $39.99

The House of Beorn: A big house with a large table and lots of food. Minifigs: Beorn, Gandalf, Bombur, Dwalin, Balin, and Bifur. $69.99

Dol Guldor Battle: Large ruins with lots of features. Minifigs: Gandalf, Galadriel, Elrond, Necromancer, Saruman, and 3 Wraiths. $99.99

And, kind of weird, the exclusives.

LOTR dictionary: King Aragorn

LOTR encyclopedia: Lady Arwen

Hobbit dictionary: Mithril Bilbo

Hobbit encyclopedia: Thror?

you may call me a pessimist, but i highly doubt that there will be a third wave at all.

i think we will get this orthanc set and this it how it ends. unfortunately.

but if anyone from lego can hear me: do us a favor and make a wtich king set!

i dont care about a fell beast or another pippin, but iam desperate for that helmet!

I'm going to disagree with you on the premise that there are still enough ideas left for a 3rd wave (although I don't know if it can last after that). The abundance of ideas in this thread speaks to that.

So do you guys think we're get a Exclusive Lotr set? Or what about polybags? Or we going to get any of those. Sorry I haven't keep track of the Lotr news. :sceptic:

So do you guys think we're get a Exclusive Lotr set? Or what about polybags? Or we going to get any of those. Sorry I haven't keep track of the Lotr news. :sceptic:

We're getting the Tower of Orthanc sometime this year.

As for polybags and potential store exclusives (Target, Toys R Us etc) we won't hear anything until the second half of the year, usually a month or two before their release.

Heres my idea for a fourth wave of Lord Of The Rings hope you like it

I can't tell if I'd like them or not because I can't understand most of your post. What is "Ongsloth"? May want to run your stuff through a spell checker before posting.

I like some of the ideas that people are giving, but everyone's being WAY too optimistic on the minifigs IMO- my guess is we won't see near the number or variety people are predicting.

I really wish they'd make a Last Alliance set but since they have released the Second Age Elrond, I find that even less likely than it would already be (but then they haven't done Sauron...). Maybe they will at least make that awesome elven shield that's in the game eventually. I am quite convinced there will be at least one more wave of LOTR considering the line-up this year. It's like they intentioanly avoided some of the most obvious sets. I agree with the assessment that people aren't being realistic in their minifig expectations (none of us want this theme to have an end) but I think Eowyn, Faramir, Denethor, Grima, Witch-King, and Sauron are reasonable things to hope for. Matter of fact, they could all easily be grouped into four sets and we may get Grima this year anyway. I do wish people would stop moaning about a lack of orc prints though. We have six different torsos and heads plus the three goblins. I think they've been rather generous already.

As far as Hobbit sets are concerned, I have high hopes for an assault on Dol Goldur set at some point. With the new sets this summer, LEGO already has the hair mold for Galadriel, Elrond, and Saruman. I just wish that Peter Jackson hadn't written Cirdan out of the White Council. He's an elf with a freakin' beard for Pete's sake! Also, while being a far less exciting scene, the Grey Havens ship would make a much more marvelous set than the Corsair ship.

The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Smaug Attack: a few small shacks and the Master's house. Also includes a bridge for Bard. The last thing would be a molded Smaug. Minifigs: Master of Laketown, Bard the Bowman, 2 archers, and a peasant. $79.99

The Lonely Mountain: a BIG mountain with a secret entrance. Inside would be lots and lots of treasure. Minifigs: Bilbo, Thorin, Balin, 2 goblins, 2 elves, and Azog on a Warg. $129.99

Defending the Elvenking: Large rocks, trees, and a tent. Minifigs: Beorn (bear), Bilbo (with "invisible" markings), Elvenking, a goblin, and a Laketown man. $49.99

Warg Ambush:brick-built trees and 2 Wargs. Minifigs: 2 Elves and a Laketown guy. $29.99

Goblin Battle Pack: A large stone and 4 goblins. $12.99

Bilbo (with "invisible" markings)

How are they going to do that? Invisibility spray?

I don't think we'll ever see an "invisible" minifigure... it *is* supposed to be invisible, after all.

Other than that, pretty good ideas, but why just a large stone in a goblin battle pack?