Simple1DEA

[MOC] The Dark Knight Vehicle Trilogy + New Tumbler

I've been working on these for a long time. The Batpod I made in August, The Bat in December and The Tumbler this month. They were all very hard to build but I think I did my best. The hardest part to build would either be The Bat's cockpit or the back of The Bat. Another interesting thing I found difficult to build was the nose of The Tumbler which people usually do differently in all of their models, and the key piece for that would be a 1 x 4 tile or 1 x 3 tile, I managed to build it so it gets thinner as it reaches the tip. Also I used the same front wheels on The Tumbler as The Batpod for continuity.

Loads of pictures on my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...tos/simple1dea/

Support here: http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/33582

Cuusoo projects: http://lego.cuusoo.c...le1DEA#projects

DSC04161_900x675copy_zps36e05428.jpg

DSC04225_900x675-Copy_zps8f6c7fd4.jpg

Back view.

DSC04113_900x675_zps6ed105d7.jpg

The Tumbler! The rear spoilers can bend up and down like in the films.

DSC04047_900x675_zps4fe3006d.jpg

DSC04099_900x675_zps3e2065b3.jpg

Batman sitting in the cockpit. Transparent pieces are all around him for windows so he can see everywhere when driving.

DSC04171_900x675_zps7876934d.jpg

The Bat!

yxk2copy-Copy_zps06c7d921.jpg

Lego Batpod vs Lego Joker! reference photo: i48.tinypic.com/bdkt36.png

I currently haven't got anything on my 'to-build' list but if anyone has any ideas, I can build something with the ton of black pieces I have collected. I would like to build a Batcave for my vehicles but I hardly have enough pieces so it will be a long time until that comes.

Edited by Simple1DEA

These are brilliant. I love seeing all of the MOCs of Batman.

I think you captured the feel really well. That Bat looks great. I will have to check out those other pictures when I'm on a computer again.

I love that tumbler. Any tips on how to build one or do you have any instructions for yours?

Keep up the great work!

Wow. Really, really stellar job on making the vehicles look movie-accurate (the lego ones were :sick: )

Would buy these in a heart beat :classic:

Thanks a lot for the comments!

These are brilliant. I love seeing all of the MOCs of Batman.

I think you captured the feel really well. That Bat looks great. I will have to check out those other pictures when I'm on a computer again.

I love that tumbler. Any tips on how to build one or do you have any instructions for yours?

Keep up the great work!

Sorry I don't have instructions but I can try and give you some tips.

Hinges are a key piece, I used 3 types of hinges as you can see from the pictures to get the angles I want. I used the clip and bar ones for the rear spoilers. Also it would be good to use transparent slopes all around the cockpit. Most of it would be pretty easy to build but the nose is the hardest part.

Newest addition to the TDKR collection. A fully primed neutron bomb, with a blast radius of 6 miles!

20712dx.jpg

(the photo above is photoshopped to put the correct colour pieces I didn't have)

Also I made rough/mini instructions for anyone who would want to build it. Use only dark grey (or bluish grey) and light grey bricks.

35mfp04.jpg

287g87c.jpg

345hg77.jpg

Edited by Simple1DEA

Thanks a lot for the comments!

Sorry I don't have instructions but I can try and give you some tips.

Hinges are a key piece, I used 3 types of hinges as you can see from the pictures to get the angles I want. I used the clip and bar ones for the rear spoilers. Also it would be good to use transparent slopes all around the cockpit. Most of it would be pretty easy to build but the nose is the hardest part.

Great looking tumbler! I like the sides by the rear wheels. Can you take pics on how they look like with the side walls detached so I can know how you constructed the sides around the cockpit & rear wheels?

You did great job capturing the look of all three vehicles. That tumbler looks amazing, esp at that size. Excellent job.