I think I read somewhere that the director couldn't get the actors to return to the franchise 

Well that's stupid, they aren't exactly acting in anything else at this moment in time.  Why wouldn't they want to reprise their role. :look:

56 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Well that's stupid, they aren't exactly acting in anything else at this moment in time.  Why wouldn't they want to reprise their role. :look:

Perhaps they have an integrity for their characters they don't want to inadvertently ruin with a potentially poor film.

Pintel and Ragetti are hilarious bit characters, and perhaps the actors want to leave their legacies alone with the first three films.

On 10/20/2016 at 8:42 AM, Legoman123 said:

Guys I know this isn't directly to do with Lego but I didn't know where else to post this.  

I wanted to know if anyone knew the reason for Cotton, Ragetti and Pintel absence in POTC 5?  We know Marty is going to be in the movie, along with Jack the monkey. But why not the other 3 recuring characters? 

It's really sad that they won't be back.  These are 2 of the best characters in the franchise.

Each individual character made the franchise for me.  From Cotton who said no lines all the way to the main protagonist Jack.  For me that was half the problem with On Stranger Tides, the fact they got rid of majority of the cast from the first 3 movies.  We were literally left with Jack, Gibbs and Hector in the 4th movie.:pir-hmpf: and to top that off we had no familiar ship. 

On 10/20/2016 at 7:42 AM, Legoman123 said:

Guys I know this isn't directly to do with Lego but I didn't know where else to post this.  

Movie discussions for Pirates belong in THIS topic  You had asked where to continue this discussion, but proceeded to continue the discussion after someone answered.  Just because @azog, @Actor Builder, @BrickHat, and @x105Black continued the conversation in the Lego Discussion thread, doesn't mean you should.  

Your posts have been moved. Thanks

It looks like a return to form. I didn't recognise Will Turner at first until people pointed out he was in the trailer on Facebook; he looks so much older since he was last in the franchise.

Meh color me disappointed.After 4 agonizing months of waiting and this is what we get??The first trailer was perfect and it puts this one to shame.It looks like a mess and not to mention that the music choice simply doesn't fit the tone of the franchise.When I think of swashbuckling adventures in the high seas my mind doesn't go to Johnny Cash.I also have to add,why the hell they decided to show Will Turner??Wouldn't it better for them to keep him as a secret??But no they just throw him randomly in this mess of a trailer.

They way I see it,after the unfair and harsh response for OST(the fourth movie) Disney was desperate to win the fans back so they decided to throw everything this time around just to gain their attention.

21 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I also have to add,why the hell they decided to show Will Turner??Wouldn't it better for them to keep him as a secret??

No, because Orlando Bloom had already been confirmed.

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I knew that but many casual movie goers did not.

Lol no man. The news outlets have been freaking out about the old cast returning. Also their names are probably going to be on the posters too right? 

11 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Lol no man. The news outlets have been freaking out about the old cast returning. Also their names are probably going to be on the posters too right? 

Probably.

Something people seem to have glossed over in the trailer: Will's face is covered in barnacles. When Davy Jones first became captain of the Flying Dutchman, his task was to ferry the souls of the dead to the afterlife aboard the Flying Dutchman. He eventually stopped ferrying the souls because... I honestly can't remember, but him and the crew of the ship took on a more perverse, aquatic look to them because of this, leading to Davy Jones' tentacle, fish look, along with the rest of the crew's monstrous appearance. 

If my logic is correct, this means Will hasn't been ferrying people to the other side, or maybe he can't ferry people to the other side due to Salazar's meddling.

I believe Jones ditched his duty because he felt Calypso betrayed him when she wasn't there to meet him when he could go ashore again after the first 10 years. Hence why he told the Brethren Court how she could be bound into human form.

It is interesting to see Will transforming. Given what we know about him, I find your suggestion about him being unable to do his duty to be most likely. I guess we'll find out in May.

I'm the opposite, I think it looks really interesting. Ghost pirates, another battle of good vs. bad, similarities to previous movies perhaps, still looks really interesting to me.

NEW TRAILER LOOKS INCREDIBLE! That kid who is playing young Jack looks amazing! Also you see the back of Salazar ship and the set looks really accurate! But the worst part of the trailer was it said the final adventure :cry3: Please no, not another part of my childhood coming to an end. 

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

NEW TRAILER LOOKS INCREDIBLE! That kid who is playing young Jack looks amazing! Also you see the back of Salazar ship and the set looks really accurate! But the worst part of the trailer was it said the final adventure :cry3: Please no, not another part of my childhood coming to an end. 

Isn't it just Depp cgi-ed to look younger (like RDJ in the beginning of Civil War)?

1 hour ago, Krulis said:

Isn't it just Depp cgi-ed to look younger (like RDJ in the beginning of Civil War)?

Lol ya you're right. I could've sworn that I saw an actor cast as playing him... But I could be thinking of something else. Either way it looks incredible. 

Well this trailer is definitely an improvement from the super bowl trailer.Whenever this movie is the last depends on how much it will make on box office.