MattZitron

Lego Marvel Superheroes Game Announced

Sorry if this sounds stupid but when can you Actually start free roam (any time character selection etc), i have done 3 levels but when i hold Y in new york nothing happens, Also i am not able to find characters to buy yet?

Until you beat the game, you have to pick characters from the SHIELD stations. After you do that, you should be able to freely pick characters until you enter another level, after which you'll have to repeat the process.

Yes! People posted in this topic again, now I can tell my experiences without double posting :grin:

First things first, though:

You don't have to finish the story mode before you can select characters while Free Roaming.

I thought so as well, at first. But if you just use one of those S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicle points you can select a different character and from then on just select them using Triangle or 'Y' or whatever button it is on your console :wink:

So. I got the game a week ago yesterday. Started playing right away and LOVE it.

Story was very well done, as was the voice acting. A lot of voices really reminded me of versions from tv-shows and movies and such.

I still think Tony Stark's voice was off, but I guess I'm used to Robert Downey Jr. too much :wink:

Also, I got both the Spider-Man keychain and the Iron Patriot minifig as a bonus when I picked the game up.

I was so thrilled when I found out :excited: There was also a card with a code for the Asgard Pack!

I hope the strategy guide I ordered arrives soon so I can finish up collecting characters and playing the extra levels earned by collecting Gold Bricks :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

I got my copy on Friday with Iron Patriot. I have to say both the figure and Game are great, it's a bit glitchy but so far I haven't experienced any glitches that haven't happen in Previous LEGO games.

My 3DS copy arrived today! But the wife wont let me have it until Christmas. :(

I dont remember that bit being in the wedding vows, but those are the breaks I guess

Does anyone know if in the bonus level the up coming Hulk/MODOK lab set can be found? In lego LOTR you could find the council of Elrond and the black gate set, so....?

Edit: I killed another thread....:oh:

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Is anyone on here able to confirm or deny whether the powers listed for Doctor Strange on Brickipedia are accurate? They are supposedly as follows:

Flight

Magic Blasts

Magic Beam

Invisibility

Mind Control

Telekinesis

Yay! I can finally play this game! I bought it when it came out with Iron Patriot but didn't have the system. Now I just got an Xbox 360 which is what I bought it for.

EDIT: I love this game! Open world is huge, all the super powers are really fun to play with, and there's a TON of little Easter eggs and references. Though the checkpoint didn't work for me on the Doc Ock level, I really hope it will save now, I'm on the prison level in the Abomination fight and I had to quit because half way through the level my dad said "you look like you're at a stopping point TURN IT OFF."

Edited by Tolkien

Yay! I can finally play this game! I bought it when it came out with Iron Patriot but didn't have the system. Now I just got an Xbox 360 which is what I bought it for.

EDIT: I love this game! Open world is huge, all the super powers are really fun to play with, and there's a TON of little Easter eggs and references. Though the checkpoint didn't work for me on the Doc Ock level, I really hope it will save now, I'm on the prison level in the Abomination fight and I had to quit because half way through the level my dad said "you look like you're at a stopping point TURN IT OFF."

There are no automatic checkpints, there are save stations you ened to use.

I still activate those and it doesn't work.

It might depend on the version, but are you exiting back to the New York City? From what I've seen you need to select quit the game while you save at the station, otherwise it won't work.

It might depend on the version, but are you exiting back to the New York City? From what I've seen you need to select quit the game while you save at the station, otherwise it won't work.

I've found the same thing. I believe it worked the same way in LotR.

Ohhhhhhhhh. I'll try that next time. Thanks.

I just discovered that you can turn Venom into a big-fig. AWESOME!

I just discovered that you can turn Venom into a big-fig. AWESOME!

It looks so cool too!!!

This is the first LEGO game I started but just didn't finish. I'll get back to it someday I'm sure, but it just didn't grip me like the past ones. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the Lego game formula? Or maybe it's because I'm not a huge Marvel fan? It also seems that the more they add (flying, etc) the less I like it. The flying is always wonky control-wise. It was pretty frustrating in Batman 2 trying to fly and land in a specific spot.

In the latest episode of Two Best Friends Play they discuss the fan service put into these games, the controls, the unclear objectives/mechanics, and what might lead them to become AFOLs. If you're not a regular viewer, some jokes (such as Woolie wanting to play a certain Marvel game, and the references between him and the Hulk) might not be clear. Enjoy, some adult language contained!

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Ok so is there something I'm missing: I can't seem to do quests?

For example there is one mission where a girl is on top of the Empire State Building but says her boyfriend must be on some other building, it then shows the cinematic of the route to the other building. I fly to that building and find her boyfriend with a question mark over his head but then I can't do anything... Any help?

Ok so is there something I'm missing: I can't seem to do quests?

For example there is one mission where a girl is on top of the Empire State Building but says her boyfriend must be on some other building, it then shows the cinematic of the route to the other building. I fly to that building and find her boyfriend with a question mark over his head but then I can't do anything... Any help?

I also have a problem with that quest. I'll activate the quest and it'll show the route to get over there but when I go over, no one is there. But to answer your question, I think you have to lead him back to the top of the empire state building using the hovering walkways and the ladders. You should be able to get him to follow you by pressing B. Or whatever it is on another console.

I have a question, does anyone know if there will be more DLC for this game? If I don't get to play as ultron, vision, quicksilver, or scarlet witch I'm gonna be really disappointed. :( I don't wanna have to wait until a sequel comes out...

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I worked it out, you have to use the telekinetic powers to control him, I used Jean Grey... Idk about your problem though

About dlc I doubt it, I don't think they've ever made any dlc after initial release and also they are working on the hobbit now so they probably don't have the people to make it