lego leppy

Pet Shop @ Amazon?

So I've caught the modular bug. I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards that I would like to use towards the PE. However, I cannot understand why the PE is $173 on Amazon when it retails for $150 USD. Is this because of the holidays and I should wait or is it because it is becoming EOLed (which I feel like is shouldn't). It is only $25 but money is money. Any thoughts as to why it more on Amazon?

It's an LEGO Exclusive. So Retailers won't get the same benefits from selling these items as from regular LEGO Sets. Buy it from lego.com and make sure to be VIP. Than you save at least some money on the next set(s). Or use brickset's European Amazon Shopper to find bargains (Italy or France). But amazon often does not ship these items abroad anymore.

Because Amazon themselves isn't selling it (or is out of stock). The higher price is other sellers who had to buy it from Lego and are trying to still make a profit (and since Amazon takes a 15% commission on all toy sales, you really have to mark stuff up or buy it cheap to sell profitably on Amazon). If you wait, I bet Amazon will get it back in stock. Use something like camelcamelcamel to monitor it and let you know when it's cheaper again.

I'm in the US and Amazon has the town hall for $179 which is cheaper than Lego???? They had it for retail before Christmas. I guess I'll just sit and wait...

So I've caught the modular bug. I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards that I would like to use towards the PE. However, I cannot understand why the PE is $173 on Amazon when it retails for $150 USD. Is this because of the holidays and I should wait or is it because it is becoming EOLed (which I feel like is shouldn't). It is only $25 but money is money. Any thoughts as to why it more on Amazon?

Sometimes Amazon has sales on the Modulars. I scored the Town Hall before Xmas for US$ 180 (and it went lower than that afterwards I believe, maybe to US$ 160?). I got my Pet Shop from Lego S@H during Double VIP points which is basically 10% off.

Sometimes Amazon has sales on the Modulars.

Yes. I still remember a sale on the Green Grocer at 100 € or something like that... I already had it, but why didn't I pick a second one back then ? :cry_sad:

Yes. I still remember a sale on the Green Grocer at 100 € or something like that... I already had it, but why didn't I pick a second one back then ? :cry_sad:

I wish I could get a modular at 100€... I'd get two at least!!!

The price surely depends on supply and demand and a bunch of algorithms. Their stock is probably fairly depleted, it being right after Xmas and all. Next time a truckload comes in and the stock isn't moving as fast as it should they'll do a sale.

Edited by bjtpro

The Pet Shop is back in stock at Amazon and sold by Amazon again at the regular retail price. Their Lego inventory got wiped out over the holidays but it looks like they are starting to restock.

I've noticed that the LEGO sets at Amazon are varied in price. The Friends Riding Camp, for example, has never been retail price, and it was released this summer. Many of the LOTR/Hobbit sets are above as well.

Fire Brigade has been at $119 lately, though!