Kristel

MOC: Coveted Clutch (modular shop)

gallery_15845_212_1480.png

Hi everyone. Here is my latest modular building. It's a handbag store, called "Coveted Clutch", that is based on my normal avatar. The store is on the ground floor and there is an apartment upstairs where the store owner and designer of the handbags lives. The bit from my avatar is the left side of the storefront, changed a little to make it wider and taller. I think of it as Soho meets Friends.

Enough babble, here are some photos.

8340647437_56873e8315_z.jpg

My favourite part - the first floor windows.

8340646293_160d7089a7_z.jpg

Overview of the store on the ground floor:

8341702898_3a3116e4f2_z.jpg

Dining, lounge and kitchen on the first floor:

8340637209_d0af39a7ca_z.jpg

Bedroom and bathroom on the second floor:

8341695618_2106f30e27_z.jpg

More photos on flickr. C&C welcome!

That's a beautiful modular you've made Kristel! Apart form your brilliant interiors, I like the way you've kept the building from being to straight and square. My minor point of criticism is that the shops facade looks a bit boring, because it is just a bit too straight. It does not completely draw your attention to it, which you would expect from a shop. The show case, however is great. All in all, I really like this building.

OMG that's another absolute corker, Kristel! Very classy indeed, the restrained colour mix works beautifully and that interior is gorgeous. I am jealous and will steal from it like mad. So there :tongue:

Thanks! And, go for it, I'd be honoured.

That's a beautiful modular you've made Kristel! Apart form your brilliant interiors, I like the way you've kept the building from being to straight and square. My minor point of criticism is that the shops facade looks a bit boring, because it is just a bit too straight. It does not completely draw your attention to it, which you would expect from a shop. The show case, however is great. All in all, I really like this building.

Thanks, Phazon. You're right. My eyes are drawn to the upper floors, too. I thought about a shop sign of some sort, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate that. It could definitely use a little extra something on the ground floor.

'Kristel' this is your finest work yet......I :wub: it, the exterior just pops even though it's a lot of dark bluey grey.....it's perfect. :wub:

Brick On 'Kristel'.....Brick On ! :grin:

Your modulars never cease to amaze me, the facade always look incredibly detailed yet not cluttered :thumbup: Superb interiors as well :classic:

Thanks! And, go for it, I'd be honoured.

Thanks, Phazon. You're right. My eyes are drawn to the upper floors, too. I thought about a shop sign of some sort, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate that. It could definitely use a little extra something on the ground floor.

I think that you might want to change those round pillars for some of these: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Part_43888. Some arches could work too, I guess.

Edited by Phazon

The whole moc is amazing, you put so many great details here and there! And I love how you menaged to mix it with your avatar. Impresive!

Will we get a new version of this building in each themed month? :D

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Utterly fantastic interiors - loving the colours and the structures themselves. I actually like your ground floor - high end designer shops are frequently very plain and understated, rather than gaudy and eye catching. Wish I owned this one!

Really nice work as usual Kristel :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like in particularly the first floor with the small kitchen :wink:

Great buliding! The architectural greebles on the outside are good, but the interior furnishings and decoration are awesome.

I like your style, it is clean and neat, detailed as well, but not too much... Love the quality of the interior-pictures as well...great!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Nice, thanks. Double doors for security in the ground floor jewelry shop? Realistic I guess.

What a fantastic looking Modular. Those windows just look perfect and the attention to detail is awesome.

I agree with Cei's comments about understated high end shops and I think you've captured that feel brilliantly.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

LESS IS MORE!

The way you manege to turn two simple colours, white and dark grey, into beautiful realistic architecture is stunning. You've really got talent! And all the great interior details just tops it off.

:thumbup:

This is just gorgeous!! and yes it evokes an artsy high end vibe.

I especially love the apartment. It looks like someplace you could actually live, except I didn't see a refrigerator? ;)

This is very nice - which is not surprising for something coming from you. I actually quite like the understated, clean likes of the facade, but as always with your builds, it's the inside that really makes it stand out from other buildings. The restrained interior of the ground floor is great, and so are the colour choices. The kitchen is also nice, but my favourite details on that floor are the carpet - great! - and the table. Using plates with chopped corners is a very good way to save space. And the top floor interior is superb as well - there's nothing I don't like here. Very well done!

Lovely building Kristel! It's very quaint. I am very fond of the use of the modified bley bricks on the exterior. Its a nice touch opposed to the smoothness of regular bricks. Very well done :classic:

This is amazing. Let alone the nice inside, I think the shop facades are neat. It appears with a modern feeling to me.

There is a "luxurious" handbag in friends calendar. It would be awsome to put it in the window instead. Here is its link:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=3316-20

There is a "luxurious" handbag in friends calendar.

And on the shelf inside the shop. Have a look at the Flickr set! :)

And on the shelf inside the shop. Have a look at the Flickr set! :)

Oh yes, it's there!

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. I'm really glad you like it!

I think that you might want to change those round pillars for some of these: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Part_43888. Some arches could work too, I guess.

Thanks, for the suggestions, Phazon. However, the objective of this building was to convert my avatar into a modular building. I think using columns and arches on the ground floor would be straying too far from my usual avatar (see third picture in my signature).

The whole moc is amazing, you put so many great details here and there! And I love how you menaged to mix it with your avatar. Impresive!

Will we get a new version of this building in each themed month? :D

:rofl: An interesting challenge and it would be kind of cool to see a line up of this building in different themes. You've got my mind racing with ideas now!

Nice, thanks. Double doors for security in the ground floor jewelry shop? Realistic I guess.

The double doors are so that the apartment can be accessed without having to go through the store. Mind you, with only 7 bags on the shelves, they'd each have to sell for a pretty penny to pay the lease on the building! Maybe I should put double locks on the doors.

This is just gorgeous!! and yes it evokes an artsy high end vibe.

I especially love the apartment. It looks like someplace you could actually live, except I didn't see a refrigerator? ;)

Thanks, daisy. I'm not good at refrigerators. I did build one for this, but wasn't happy with it. A little more tinkering around with the design before I include it in a building.

I became a member to comment on builds like this! Love the interior especially!

Thanks, Hobbythom, and welcome to Eurobricks. Hope to see some of your own creations soon.

This is amazing. Let alone the nice inside, I think the shop facades are neat. It appears with a modern feeling to me.

There is a "luxurious" handbag in friends calendar. It would be awsome to put it in the window instead. Here is its link:

http://www.bricklink...m.asp?S=3316-20

Thanks, nana. As L@go pointed out, there is one on display inside the store and one in the storeroom. The purple bag is the one used in my avatar. Hence, it gets the front window!

Dear Kristel,

again, let me express my admiration, I fell in love with this one at first sight again :wub: ... I love the pure and yet detailed and sophisticated aspect of your building (like your psychiatrist office that was inspired by a bank...).

The color scheme is brilliant again and I have to say that I love the top floor windows as much as the second floor ones... your inside design is just perfect and the use of "room" is very appropriate.

The thing that just summarizes my admiration towards your creations is "subtility", everything is just subtle and classy and pure and yet expresses a high level of sophistication.

We already had a discussion about Cusooo, but did you think about selling instructions of your sets, or let a group like brick city depot do it for you? I am sure that it would be a success... If TLG released a set like this one or the psychiatrist office, I believe that a bunch of us would go for it...especially if they are 16 wide ones and a little cheaper than let's say uhh Town Hall... :wink:

How many parts did you use, any idea?

Again, thanks for sharing, I'll be watching out for the next one with more imaptience than for official modulars..

Cheers from Switzerland