Sign in to follow this  
Pepa Quin

[MOC] It's a Magical World...

Happy New Year!

I ended 2012 (and started out 2013!) with a brand new* creation!

8334032215_0c62acc124.jpg 8335090462_ab8354ba72.jpg

The characters are brand new, but I actually started this project over a year ago! I built the house in November of 2011 (and only displayed it once), but never did anything else until this week. With a deadline looming for my local LEGO store's Community Window, I went into overdrive and 'winterized' the house and built the two characters. This scene is now on display at the Woodfield Mall LEGO Store in Schaumburg, Illinois.

This window display is a collaboration: the snowmen were built by my friend and fellow NILTC club member Adam.

8335090598_cf3a105bd8_t.jpg 8335090298_1ff36ef8e7_t.jpg 8335090056_4629ce1017_t.jpg

The full collection can be seen here. I also made a special 'Desktop Version' of the above image with Calvin and Hobbes.

Enjoy, and have a good 2013!

-Pepa

Edited by Pepa Quin

I love it. Like I said on Flickr, seeing Calvin and Hobbes again brings back so many good memories. I stopped by a comic shop today and was very close to picking up one of the books - I've read them all, because my parents bought them when they originally came out, but it's been a while. It's unbelievable that it's eighteen years since Bill Watterson drew the last one...

You could have gone a bit more overboard on the snowmen, though - the strips featuring those were always my favourites. Some of them used to make me laugh out loud.

5.jpg

Snowman-_Brain_Surgery_Snowman.png

4.jpg

I love it Calvin and Hobbes doing their favorite winter past time next to extreme sledding of course. I will have to look for it this weekend when i go to Woodfield mall.

Bill