Opps! Almost missed this question!

Hmmm Another good question - I would think you would have to use the entire shark for at least one part of the build. As part of the fun is to imagine a planet where these animals have evolved into human like (or higher) technology.

It's not apparent in the main poster, but two full sized ostriches fit in the cockpit :laugh:

Now you could have some cyborg sharks with your shark guys... that would be okay :wink:

Yes, I see, I had just thought it might be tough to make a good looking mech that would fit a shark in a position where you could see the front of his head - but it really doesn't matter as I don't plan on doing a shark!

About the size - min. 16x16 means that if it's on a baseplate that needs to be at least 16x16 but what if not (supposing it's a mech or something similar)? Does that just mean that in some direction (and if the arms/legs are poseable, they can be streached out) it needs to be 16x16 (max 32x32)? Still not sure what I want to do but was thinking a mech... even if it's not so original...

^ Thankyou very much for answering my question :classic:

No problem :thumbup:

Yes, I see, I had just thought it might be tough to make a good looking mech that would fit a shark in a position where you could see the front of his head - but it really doesn't matter as I don't plan on doing a shark!

About the size - min. 16x16 means that if it's on a baseplate that needs to be at least 16x16 but what if not (supposing it's a mech or something similar)? Does that just mean that in some direction (and if the arms/legs are poseable, they can be streached out) it needs to be 16x16 (max 32x32)?

I think part of the challenge is to figure out how the animals would actually evolve to be in say a mech.

So for a shark, is he going to be in a wet suit? will he be in a water ball IN the mech? I don't know - for you to have fun and figure it out :grin:

Don't stress too much about the 16x16 rule was more to differentiate the two contests, basically the small and big categories. I don't think they'll be much disqualifications from FAPC side as it's an easy rule to get around... (put it on a 16x16 baseplate :rofl:), though I'll be watching carefully in the MSFC to make sure that no one builds anythign too big. And of course I'll be making sure no one builds more than a 48x48 (XL baseplate, not 32x32) for FAPC.

Hope that answers your question(s) :grin:

Thanks, Si, I think that should be easy to work with! :classic:

Sadly I only own a horse and a shark, so I guess I won't enter this contest... :cry_sad:

There are no rules against having two seperate shark entries. or two horse entries, or even a shark fighting a horse entry. Or even a horse riding a shark entry...

Use what you have. :grin:

Seems interesting, but I am currently in another country right now and won't be back until March, so I'm not sure if it's eligible for me. (Not that I'll probably win)

This...will get maniacal. I'm going to have to dig up my sharks, octopi, dino's and dragons.

I'm sorry to say so but I have another question :grin:

Are we allowed more than 1 different animal in the MOC e.g. 2 horses, 1 frog, 3 cats all in one MOC, I probably won't have them animals in my creation but that is only an example?

Seems interesting, but I am currently in another country right now and won't be back until March, so I'm not sure if it's eligible for me. (Not that I'll probably win)

Good excuse to buy a few sets and try anyways :wink:

maybe try for the micro contest?

This...will get maniacal. I'm going to have to dig up my sharks, octopi, dino's and dragons.

Now that sounds like a MOC!

Are we allowed more than 1 different animal in the MOC e.g. 2 horses, 1 frog, 3 cats all in one MOC, I probably won't have them animals in my creation but that is only an example?

You can totally use as many as you want. I even even have 2 full ostriches, and a dinosaur :wink:

Heh it almost sounds like you're telling a joke: Three cats, two horses and a frog walk into a parallel universe bar....

I have a question. Would grimdark count as Sci-Fi? As in "In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only war" type of grimdark.

^^^ Cheers again for answering my question, hopefully I don't need to ask anymore :classic:

That joke made me chuckle :laugh:

What counts as sci-fi?

I can give you a very long winded definition... or you could perhaps give a bit more info (without giving away your entry?) - it's pretty broad and encompasses a lot.

Briefly: Science fiction is a genre of fiction with imaginative but more or less plausible content such as settings in the future, futuristic science and technology, space travel, parallel universes, aliens, and paranormal abilities.

Though for this particular contest the plausibility is slightly less, and more geared towards the goofiness that is inherent with super intelligent animals. (though I suppose they don't have to be intelligent... it's all up to you!)

I have a question. Would grimdark count as Sci-Fi? As in "In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only war" type of grimdark.

I'm not necessarily familiar with that term... but I would think if you have animals at war in far future, that easily constitutes Sci-Fi :wink:

That joke made me chuckle :laugh:

:rofl:

3) Well it doesn't have to be a mech, but really it depends on what makes sense on what you're building. If you have a single little starfighter with a kitten then something small makes sense. If you have a Trex sized time machine, then of course it'll be bigger!

Or if you have a scene with dinosaurs in late medieval period, it'll probably be in the max size range!

That didn't answer his 3rd question at all. :p

I will try to enter this! I have a large assortment of animals. I already finished the Mi-fi entry too!

^ I thought it did answer my 3rd question :classic:

I'm now just finishing sorting out a few thousand pieces by colour and then I can choose some of those pieces for my MOC, thanks Si for the great competition

I just finished sorting out a few thousand lego bricks by colour, I have also sorted out about a thousand figures, now once I have built some new lego sets I recieve in the post I will choose some bricks that are suitable for my MOC and I will get cracking on with it :classic:

I might take a picture of all of the lego I've sorted out in the past day and I'll post it here

took apart 3 star wars sets for this might take down more. How does scorpions vs dinos sound like, though I only have one scorpion and dinosaur :cry3:

Sounds awesome, get ready for a kitty invasion!

Meow!

took apart 3 star wars sets for this might take down more. How does scorpions vs dinos sound like, though I only have one scorpion and dinosaur :cry3:

Sounds good!

Hehe Scorpion-David vs Dinosaur-Goliath? :grin:

David just needs a space-rock :wink:

so, we post our entries in this forum, right?

Yup, you post the entry in the Sci-Fi Forum, and create a new thread with FAPC prefix :thumbup:

so you could use the wampa or the skeletal horse?

Yup!

Both are considered animals...

Though I look forward to seeing how you plan on using them both in the same scene :grin: