Mr_Malfoy

Plans for LEGO 2013?

Hello,

As the new year dawns upon us (and has already come for some), what are your plans for your LEGO in 2013? Is there anything LEGO-related you did in 2012 that you now regret? My plans for 2013 are focusing on Lotr & the Hobbit (army-building, the new sets, and MOCs). I regret not focusing on the theme earlier. How about you? Any LEGO plans for 2013?

Buy all of Chima. :tongue:

Also planning to start to 'sort' all of my LEGO. Right now all of it is in big huge buckets mixed with random toys and such. Going to fix that!

-Sci

I want to buy more LEGO, sell more LEGO stickers and build much, much more MOC's ;) (hope to graduate for my masters < april so more time then :))

I'm looking to expand my Train, City, and Modular collection while keeping up with the Architecture series. I'm also trying to get together a general display layout, but space always seems to be the issue.

Build more, talk less.

Replace most of my red bricks with earth tone ones.

Inventory my bricks and parts so I don't keep buying stuff from Bricklink that I already have.

Edited by Jargo

Get the two summer wave human Galaxy Squad sets and some Chima. Not much this year that interests me. I'd also like to rebuild some of my old space and castle sets, but I don't know when I'll have the time for that.

My plans for LEGO 2013 are:

1. I will go to the store and buy 8 CMF Series 9.

2. After Series 9, I will buy CMF Series 10 and 11.

Buy another copy of all my LOTR & Hobbit sets to put away for my son when he's older (he's 2 now). If they don't interest him when he's older I'll have some cool sets to crack open and build all over again :sweet:

Every year I say i'm going to slow down on buying but it's a tough thing to do! I have stopped buying sets and currently just concentrate on collecting minifigures however things like Horizon Express and the new modular cinema will be must haves!

I plan to buy:

60000 Fire bike

60004 Fire Station

60017 Flatbed

10660 Girls case

10233 Horizon Express

41000 Water Scooter Fun

41002 Emma’s Karate Lesson

41004 Rehearsal Stage

30106 Ice Cream Cart Polybag

Selected collectable minifigs that I want.

See what's in the second wave

Build what I got for Christmas

Buy another copy of all my LOTR & Hobbit sets to put away for my son when he's older (he's 2 now). If they don't interest him when he's older I'll have some cool sets to crack open and build all over again :sweet:

I'm currently doing this with the LOTR sets, though the copies are for me. :wink: I figure they'll be a great thing to hold onto for...well, you never know. And so far, they seem to be turning out much better than their Hobbit counterparts. :hmpf_bad:

I'm planning to collect some Hobbit sets, especially the 79003. I also want to have my hands on some SW sets but seeing the summer setlist I'd rather wait for the new Ep 2 goodies and save some money until then (just buy the TOR battleack and the A-wing). And recently I just fell in love with the Medieval Market Village and the Haunted house as well... Oh my poor wallet :look:

Edited by Csacsa234

I want to get my hands on two Horizon Express sets, as well as the new Technic F1 race car and the 2H 2013 Mobile Crane MkII set.

My plans include wait for more sales. I was always worried I would miss out on a set, I'd get it right away, but as time went on I'd see how much cheaper they could be had. I'll wait until I see a price that I deem worthy and get sets then. If it goes down from that price, then so be it, but at least I won't feel like I overpaid for some sets (Jabba's Palace or Gungan Sub are the prime examples, although I did wait for a sale on Jabba's).

I also think I will collect Star Wars less, especially since the new sets don't seem as interesting and I have basically all of the main characters I would want anyway. I'll see what this summer wave brings us though.

Other plans include MOCing more. There are a lot of things I want to build, I just never have the time to do so. So 2013 will be the year to make time...maybe.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I want to build a church to coordinate wiith the winter village. There is an awesome church I saw on the internet, with an outdoor manger scene. I have to find our how to get the bricks and stained glass windows.

I'm in the process of taking apart, cleaning, and rebuilding my Star Wars sets. Hope to finish in a few months.

My wish list is kind of small compared to most years (granted I bought the Mr Freeze and Arkham sets in 2012). Really want to get the Vampyre Castle in 2013, before it's gone

Buy the remaining sets to complete my Hobbit collection. Buy the desired Lone Ranger sets and all new LOTR sets. Palace Cinema or how is that new modular called is a must buy as well. Make my first LEGO film. Build actual sets for this film. Sort all smaller pieces. Spend more time mocing. Arrange more space and add new shelves for my sets.

Only Must-buys for 2013 identified so far:

10232 - Palace Cinema

75025 - Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (provided it's Sith Fury-Interceptor level of Awesomeness)

Still on the fence about Jabba's Palace / Rancor Pit / Sail Barge.

I also hope to get 10217 - Diagon Alley for a decent price, which i missed while it was still available in S@H Germany :sceptic:

1.) Get the Pet shop before it's gone

2.) Get at least one Horizon Express

3.) Finish sorting and inventorying

4.) Find the Taj for less than 700 bucks for my girlfriend.....

My plans are to put back together all my old sets. They're all mixed together, so it will be a nice little project for the winter. Definitely want to get some new sets too. I really want the haunted house. Hope I cane get money for it. :classic:

Well, last year I could only get a Batman set, some collectible minifigures, and some stuff from Bricklink... and that's all! LEGO in Mexico is expensive, we don't have all

the sets and most of the time they don't restock (at least in my city). The sets I had on my wishlist were:

1. Shelob attacks

2. Escape from the Mirkwood spiders

3. Haunted house

4. Town hall

5. Grand Emporium

6. Bag end

7. A friends set, probably the café.

8. And the minifigs series 8 & 9

But the friends sets, and probably the LotR/Hobbit sets are gone :cry_sad: (Minifigs always arrive here for basically the same price) It's incredible how LEGO being an expensive toy sells like hotcakes.

And for 2013...

1. Pick up everything I wanted from 2012 if it's still there.

2. The iron man Malibu mansion sounds promising, I'll likely get it.

3. 2-3 sets from the Lone ranger, probably the Colby city set, the stagecoach and some other set, maybe the indian camp.

4. Arkham Asylum

5. Council of Elrond and the Wizard battle.

6. Man of steel sets. I KNOW they will be great :laugh:

7. Jabba's sail barge. I don't have the previous version and I'm sure the minifigs will be great re-designs :thumbup:

8. Lots of minifigs from Bricklink, a harry Potter set from a mexican auction site and some PAB cups :classic:

I have faith! I know I'll come out of the LEGO store with lots of bags :sweet: (By the way LEGO said all of my VIP points from 2010 would expire in Dec. 31 :ugh::enough::wall:*huh* )

Edited by Otherworld

Well the best laid schemes o' man an' brick, gang aft agley but in theory...

1) Build down my backlog of kits I haven't gotten around to building yet (way too many sealed boxes around for my taste)

2) Pick up the whole hobbit line, the Horizon Express, the Palace Cinema, and any new architecture and LOTR set that become available.

3) Get off my butt and finish a few MOCs I've been tinkering with for 6 months now, including Minas Morgul, Barad Dur, a gaff-rigged harbor pilot, a winter village expansion building and the Seattle Space Needle

4) Dust some of the stuff I've got on display.

All unrealistic goals when you stop to think about it, but a guy can dream can't he?

1. Build more! Seriously, in the past two years my excuse has always been that I haven't enough bricks yet to build something cool, but my collection has grown substantially during the last months, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

2. Buy the Hobbit sets I'm still missing plus buying all of the LotR sets from last year. I haven't bought a single one of those and would dearly regret not having them when the are vanishing from the stores.

3. Buy some more Star Wars sets. That theme is what brought me back to LEGO and I have hardly bought any of the sets last year. :sceptic:

4. Plan my first big diorama / display. I've had some cool ideas for something SciFi-related and hope I'll be able to start building in the next few months.

3) Get off my butt and finish a few MOCs I've been tinkering with for 6 months now, including Minas Morgul, Barad Dur, a gaff-rigged harbor pilot, a winter village expansion building and the Seattle Space Needle

I love your LotR MOCs! I can't wait to see what you with Minas Morgul and Barad-Dur!