This little scene is my last CCCX entry; it's for the "Winter Scene" category.

8328712360_bd405771f7.jpg

From the hunting lodge journal of Andor:

“Snow is usually a hindrance to much of life in the Mitgardian winters; however, hunters like me often find it a blessing. The beautiful white landscape makes tracking blood trails from wounded game animals far easier to track. Today I let an arrow loose into a nice buck, it was a well placed shot, but the deer was a strong beast and he staggered for about a half mile before expiring. I might never have found him had it not been for the red blood on the white snow.”

I've been trying to work in some icicles, but have been unable to until now. This is also my first foray into trees with no leaves.

Flickr link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrcp6d/sets/72157632391079312/

Edited by mrcp6d

This is great. I love it from the view of picture 4 where you can see the hunters tracks behind him and the deer in the hollow ahead. Great antlers.

Nice scene!! The footsteps in the snow worked out really great! :classic:

And the transblue stocks remembers me of a SW set from TLC :laugh:

Great job, especially with the bloody tracks but also the tree! :thumbup: Nice rock to snow transition as well!

Thanks all for comments! I'm still not sure if I really like the big tree, I kinda feel like it looks too much like an octopus :sceptic: , I've got another Mitgardia build in mind to build in the next couple of weeks. We'll see if I can improve on the design a bit.

I liked the tree a lot, it felt really wintery. I liked the transition from the clips to the droid arms.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: , in particularly the snow. :wink:

Very nice work! I love how you managed to achieve such realistic snow. Exceptional deer! Nothing to criticize here except myself as I still don't have these yummy new mushroom dishes.

Happy new year!

A nice story really adds to the moc and this one is great! Many details to like here! The stag, the footsteps and that little cave! Well done!

Thanks guys/gals. There's been quite a bit of inspiration for snow while I've been on holiday vacation; it's been an unusually cold and white Christmas season!

...still don't have these yummy new mushroom dishes...

$0.30-0.40 on BrickLink, or the 79002 has three (1 is 'extra' :sweet:) and those wargs... :wink:

Are those icicles I see?

Yes! 3 of 'em

A nice story...

Thanks, backstories are the hardest part for me. I'm really jealous of those that can do them well. My engineering degrees aren't much help when I want to come up with words...

great scene, nice photography, cool techniques - good to have so many great builders in Mitgardia!!

Thank you both! I kind of like building at this size--it's faster and easier to photograph.

This is excellent. The snow and tree are well made. Also great touch of the blood on the way leeding to the the deer!

I love how smooth and flowing this build is! The snow and rock work is amazing. Everything just blends together like a windwept scene, and you've done a superb job. The small trees and the dead snag are also very well done. Great build!