Nice engine,What about making it out of studded lego for the main body.That way you might be able to capture the curves of the body work better.

Looks great but I would refer to is as a 990cc V4 superbike... The design is very reminiscient of the Ducati Desmosedici. Particularly in the way you've mounted the headstock on a trellis subframe bolted to the cylinder heads and the way the swingarm pivots in the engine case. All it needs is a simple trellis subframe for the seat and a bit of bodywork and it will be perfect!

Looks great but I would refer to is as a 990cc V4 superbike... The design is very reminiscient of the Ducati Desmosedici. Particularly in the way you've mounted the headstock on a trellis subframe bolted to the cylinder heads and the way the swingarm pivots in the engine case. All it needs is a simple trellis subframe for the seat and a bit of bodywork and it will be perfect!

Haha I didn't really think of the Desmosidici as I made it, but now I compare them I might as well have set out to make one :laugh: The influence the subconcious has on the imagination is powerfull

Nice engine,What about making it out of studded lego for the main body.That way you might be able to capture the curves of the body work better.

I will be using many system parts, like the front mudguard, and I will use technic panels too. I don't want studs showing though.

Looks good. You should make the calipers gold or yellow. What about yellow forks?

Thanks :classic: Sadly the parts I use for forks and calipers don't come in gold.

Update:

Cantelever rear suspension mounted under engine

Subframe and seat

Rearsets (footpegs), gearshift and rear brake pedals. Had to move clutch forward.

Exhausts, 4 into 4, side and undertail outlets

Side stand

Octan colours

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

This is one awesome looking bike. I really like how you made the frame look like an actual frame. And I love the details on the engine, brake, etc.

Will be keeping an eye on this one :thumbup:

(a rear brake would indeed be the icing on the cake)

Really like the look of this bike, cant wait to see it in bricks! :classic:

I'm specially interested in the rear suspension since I'm working on a similiar sloution for my next bike.. :classic:

Edited by Jonsson

UPDATE:

Fuel tank

Tail unit

Rear calliper moved up, so you can see it :grin:

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb3.jpg

Wow! It´s looking pretty good! :thumbup: Can´t wait to see it finished, and hopefully with real bricks! :sweet:

Thanks! I'm working on the fairing, windshield etc now.

I do plan on building it this year, I have many LDD bikes to build for real. This one has priority, and will probably be built first.

Sure, once I have built it for myself :classic: Hell, I'll write a book one day, "how to build Lego motorcycles".

There's plenty more where this one came from.

Edited by Kierna

Hell, I'll write a book one day, "how to build Lego motorcycles".

Can you do this till X-Mas 2013 and show an example of a 04 F-650 GS in it, please!!!??? :wink:

Can I find anywhere some pics of the bike in your avatar?

Regards Mike

Edited by Mike_K

Can you do this till X-Mas 2013 and show an example of a 04 F-650 GS in it, please!!!??? :wink:

Can I find anywhere some pics of the bike in your avatar?

Regards Mike

You know, I'd never considered building an adventure bike. I will now!

Here are some pics of the bike in my avatar:

VL-4.JPG

and this is how it looks now, crapppy photo's though.

V4_F_2.jpg

UPDATE:

90% finished. Over 700 Parts!

I've never done a full fairing before, I prefer naked bikes. I deliberately left the engine uncovered.

I am satisfied with the way this came out. Allmost retro looking with the round headlight, but it looks thoroughly modern from behind - which is what most motorists would see of such a machine in the real world.

SB_2.png

SB_3.png

SB_1.png

Edited by Kierna

"Frameless" bike rule.

:thumbup:

I think it looks a lot like the Confederate hellcat too.

Very very nice! :classic: