Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Avalonian Wall/Fort

This is a rebuild of the set 6062 "Battering Ram" and a free build for Mitgardia. A Mitgardian trader has just reached the safety of some Avalonian walls when some soldiers corrupted by Revolword start attacking:

8309612329_896739a41a_b.jpg

A picture showing everything opened:

8309613465_b23f1f4a7c_b.jpg

Walls folded to become a fortress:

8310662952_1c441e0503_b.jpg

Any C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Very cool! Wall is really well done. There is just enough detail to make it interesting, but not too fancy to be unrealistic. The battering ram is also a really nice size, and looks quite efficient. Great work as usual, Soccerkid! :thumbup:

Great job SK, the stonework and overall desgin is really good. But what I really like the most is the playability of this moc. :thumbup:

Great re-build, SK, love the way it opens and shuts! Nice wall texture as well! :thumbup:

Very cool! Wall is really well done. There is just enough detail to make it interesting, but not too fancy to be unrealistic. The battering ram is also a really nice size, and looks quite efficient. Great work as usual, Soccerkid! :thumbup:

Thanks :sweet: I tried to match the level of detailing on the official set and stay near the size.

Great job SK, the stonework and overall desgin is really good. But what I really like the most is the playability of this moc. :thumbup:

Thanks! The playability was really the main focus, it's quite fun being able to arrange it into all sorts of different shapes :classic:

Great re-build, SK, love the way it opens and shuts! Nice wall texture as well! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai :classic:

Great job! Love that fortress! :thumbup:

Thanks!

I really like the siege weapon. It looks very stable! Also, the inside of the wall feels "right" small cramped defensive structure that one prays that they are not left to hold. :) Great job here.

Also, not that I mind or anything, but is there a trend going on right now to "re-imagine" old sets? I just noticed there were more than a few of these being posted lately, I think it is cool, but just wondering if there was a contest or something like that?

...Also, not that I mind or anything, but is there a trend going on right now to "re-imagine" old sets? I just noticed there were more than a few of these being posted lately, I think it is cool, but just wondering if there was a contest or something like that?

There's a Classic Set Re-imagined catagory in this year's CCCX. :classic:

Also, not that I mind or anything, but is there a trend going on right now to "re-imagine" old sets? I just noticed there were more than a few of these being posted lately, I think it is cool, but just wondering if there was a contest or something like that?

It's one of the annual classic-castle.com challenges :wink:

I really like the siege weapon. It looks very stable! Also, the inside of the wall feels "right" small cramped defensive structure that one prays that they are not left to hold. :) Great job here.

Thanks :sweet: As Kai and Ecc said there is a contest going :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the interior of the tower :wink:

Great build SK! I love the look of the whole thing, and I loved that set!

Thanks, a great set for sure :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the interior of the tower :wink:

Thanks, tried to add enough to make it interesting but not so much that it was crowded :classic:

I really like the playability of this! I do think the battering ram could have benefited from a second color though.

So sweet! The fact that you have included hinged walls and a lot of playabilty is great! I just love that tower!

I really like the playability of this! I do think the battering ram could have benefited from a second color though.

Thanks, as to the battering ram it does have a second color for the head, other than maybe some tan for skins I'm not sure how I could have added another color :classic:

So sweet! The fact that you have included hinged walls and a lot of playabilty is great! I just love that tower!

Thanks, the tower is quite similar to the one I built for my build off with Ecc, but improved by the feedback I received on that :classic:

Sweeeeeet! :wub: I love the wall-to-fort feature. Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks, I thought that would be a good improvement on the original :classic:

I can't get over how perfect your design is. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Captain, really means a lot to me :sweet:

...it does have a second color for the head...

Doh! :grin:

...maybe some tan...

Yeah, I was thinking some tan, black or a different brown. Just to break up the (almost!) mono-color of the battering ram.

I love this! I can imagine hours of fun playing with this castle. It looks nicely detailed, but at the same time solid enough that it would stand up to some serious play as well. Well done. I almost wish I was a kid again.

I love this! I can imagine hours of fun playing with this castle. It looks nicely detailed, but at the same time solid enough that it would stand up to some serious play as well. Well done. I almost wish I was a kid again.

Thanks! It is quite sturdy and I purposefully planned this as my last entry to the CCCX so I could leave it together for a while :classic:

I like that it folds, and for a small wall it has a lot of details. :thumbup:

I can't get over how perfect your design is. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I couldn't have said it better myself. I knew exactly what this was as soon as I saw it. This was one of the first castle sets I owned. From the tower to the windows to the battering ram - you have done a superb job!