Jalkow

MOC: The Kraken attacks!

[pid][/pid]228A

The Kraken attacks!

8299351685_6c2121517b_c.jpg

Hi everybody! Eventought my latest MOC was part of a castle-layout, it includes a ship, which makes it a bit more piratey then castle,

so here it is: a ship carrying goods to trade is being attacked by the Kraken. The MOC has moving parts: the main tentacle moves up

and down and the ship itself is being crushed by two tentacles, making the front and back of the ship go up in the air.

The technic parts took a while to figure out, but are all hidden inside the MOC. There is no motor underneath the table, as some people

asked me during LEGO Fanwelt, where this MOC was shown. The batterybox is inside the small black rock and the motor is inside the squids head.

I also made a little video to show you the movement.

VIDEO!

Bye guys, I hope you have the best holidays.

Very impressive indeed, I surely would not have suspected the power function just from the images, I only wondered what that that black rock was, nice camouflage.

Nice work, particularly with the movement effect :thumbup: :thumbup: I seem to hear the sounds of the ship that is broken :laugh:

That is fantastic! I really liked the movement and the flexing of the vessel. Looks great and you should be very proud of it!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Very impressive indeed, I surely would not have suspected the power function just from the images.

It doesn't use power functions, actually. The rock hides a 9v batterybox (8x4), the head of the squid hides the 9v motor.

Anyway, I was very happy with the movement, it really added a lot for the audience. Not only the kids were amazed, a lot of parents were too, which was kind of cool.

Great work! I love the added movement. Makes it more fun! :laugh:

Edited by Walter

I've seen this one at FanWelt, it is a very nice MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I suppose you're also the person that made the little diorama where a boat is loaded and the boat makes actual "floating" movements as if it's being pushed by the sea ? That one was great as well :wub: !!

Edited by Strikeman

I've seen this one at FanWelt, it is a very nice MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I suppose you're also the person that made the little diorama where a boat is loaded and the boat makes actual "floating" movements as if it's being pushed by the sea ? That one was great as well :wub: !!

Thanks for your kind words. The floating boat wasn't mine, actually: it was part of the island that Mockingbird built.

Let me explain: I built this Kraken as part of a Lowlug lay-out, that featured different islands. It was a collaborative lay-out, built by pj_bosman, Mockingbird, Koffiemoc and myself. Here's a picture of how the lay-out looked all together, you can see the Kraken on the left.

8226767187_6a6a0681bd_z.jpg

As said, we built this lay-out together with the four of us. We planned it all out on the Lowlug-forum. Here's a picture that shows who build what:

8227838072_d2ab3ca2ea.jpg 8227837422_9af6cc0c0c.jpg

My squid wasn't the only moving part in the layout. Make sure you check the video of some other moving parts too, including the floating ship and a flying dragon:

VIDEO

Edited by Jalkow

Cool build. Good work hiding the power functions. Interesting, your photo with the motion blur is making me dizzy. Weird effect.