Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

Lego Arkham Asylum 10937 Minifigures review.

How do you rate the figures of this set  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are the figures up to the standard you would like?

• As brilliant as being allowed to run over Robin with the Arkham van.
    • As pleasureable as being released from Arkham early.
    • Pretty neat like being allowed to fly using Penguins umbrella.
    • Quite bad like being caught out half way through your escape plan.
    • Death defiyingly dreadful like spending the rest of your life talking to robin.

Hi everyone, Before I begin I would like to apologise as I said I would do a full arkham review. Unfortunately due to some things coming up I will not have tome to do so untill after christmas at least. But I have opened all the packets just so I could review the figures for you. If you would like any more pics please say.Enjoy :classic: .First off here is a little look at the figures on the box, Nothing unusual here but I wanted to show you anyway.8299743199_b69352ceec_c.jpg1 001 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here they are in all there Lego'y glory.

8299742913_08c6f1aae8_c.jpg1 002 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Going in box order we start with Batman. He is of course the usual black suited batman but with his glider piece in black. Nothing too special but nice none the less.8300794958_2f4005123d_c.jpg1 003 by Joker 789, on Flickr

It is cool because you can now play out classic arkham city/asylum game scenes like this one-Batman-Arkham-City-New-Information.jpg

He has the usual back printing and reverse face. And he has the new moulded mask that i really like.8300794696_cff3189fdc_c.jpg1 004 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here he is with his opposite, They are both nice but I like the glider better in black.

8300498015_61924d88d7_c.jpg

001 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here he is with his non glider figure and the opposite colour glider batman.

8300497689_75772186fb_c.jpg

002 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Next we have Me, Yes the wounderful, Beautiful all round great Joker. And in my stylish new suit :grin: . I have taken a liking to the arkham suit as it is nicely

detailed

8300497347_60a4ebca38_c.jpg

003 by Joker 789, on Flickr

It has my prision number on the back of 109370 (Arkhams set number with a 0 on the end), And the usual double sided face as seen on the previous joker.

8301549912_67e96ce035_c.jpg

005 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Close up of my number.

8299741257_1113b8acf9_c.jpg1 009 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here is me alongside non prisoner Joker and 2008 Joker.8300793312_e31f55d066_c.jpg1 010 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Now I have some bad news. We have to move on to the waste of space known as robin :hmpf_bad: . At least he is not as awful as before. He now has black legs, A black hood and a short cape, As seen on hobbit figures.

8300793012_debd8aa786_c.jpg1 011 by Joker 789, on Flickr

He is evedently based on the Arkham games interpritation of robin-

ArkhamCity_Robin.jpg

He has the same back printing as before plus the same reverse head. Nothing else to say really.8300792754_93363ed52f_c.jpg1 012 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here he is with his equally awful predocessor, They are both a waste of space and I would destroy them both to get a nightwing. :angry:

8300496375_b72698d862_c.jpg

006 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Moving on to a nicer figure we see the fantastic scarecrow, Possibly my favorite new figure and certanly a marvel to look at. Like Joker he is superbly detailed.8300792238_57dda92c67_c.jpg1 014 by Joker 789, on Flickr

I would like to give extra credit to the face design as it is absoloutely wounderful and could not be any better in my oppinion. :wub:8300791986_682a0afcc6_c.jpg1 015 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Not only is his face detailed but so is the back of his head. He has wounderful stitch marks all around. And his back is detailed too.

8299739375_321579a784_c.jpg

1 016 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Though he looks even better with his old weapon-

8299739095_8578006a0d_c.jpg

1 017 by Joker 789, on Flickr

I tried using the face for an Arkham Asylum stlye scarecrow, What do you think?

8300791264_99bdc99758_c.jpg

1 018 by Joker 789, on Flickr

The face also works as a movie style figure mask-

8300790974_8762c2968b_c.jpg

1 019 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Moving on we have the lovely poison ivy, Though she is a carryover she is still as great as ever.

8299738299_1d5b84cdbe_c.jpg

1 020 by Joker 789, on Flickr

She has the same back print and reverse head as before.

8300790420_6758868279_c.jpg

1 021 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here she is with my custom Ivy made from leftover batman 2006 parts.

8300790158_8cd4680ab5_c.jpg

1 022 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Next we have a standard guard, He has left his bank job after the Two-Face incident and is now working at Arkham.

8300789862_41dd171131_c.jpg

1 023 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Boooring! No back print or reverse head.

8300496083_6c169263c0_c.jpg

007 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here he is with some other guards I made, I must admit I like the old guard body print better.

8299736945_70b1ec3071_c.jpg

1 025 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Now we come onto the only Unique figure of the set, Dr Harleen Quinzel. She looks absoloutely perfect and very well detailed.

8300788968_0bd647cded_c.jpg

1 026 by Joker 789, on Flickr

She has full backprinting and a reverse head (Shown below)

8299736407_9958a5637c_c.jpg

1 027 by Joker 789, on Flickr

As i'm sure you know Harleen Quinzel is really..... Harley Quinn! We see here that her other face is her harley face. The set also comes with her jester hat for when she is out of duisguise.

8301548990_2995081dfc_c.jpg

008 by Joker 789, on Flickr

She has the same face print as harley from the funhouse, Dont they look great together :devil: .

8299735799_a2bccfc1b1_c.jpg

1 029 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Interestingly the new hat has a glossy finish while the old one was rough and not shiny?

8299735433_81ae119025_c.jpg

1 030 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Last but by no means least we have the Penguin, He is designed brilliantly and I fell instantly in love with the figure. He has the crafty expression you want on a figure. All the detailing is great and we get short legs in lilac! Horray :grin:

8300495503_0c412a4276_c.jpg

009 by Joker 789, on Flickr

He also has nice simple backprinting and no reverse head (As it would show behind the hat).

8301548366_95b073c8f1_c.jpg

010 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here he is with my custom penguin.

8299734563_610d052bc4_c.jpg

1 033 by Joker 789, on Flickr

Here we have all the vilians of the set together.

8299734233_3bef3470e8_c.jpg

1 034 by Joker 789, on Flickr

And here are a few of the 2012/13 Batman vilians.

8300786280_c25887328c_c.jpg

1 035 by Joker 789, on Flickr

I hope you enjoyed reading the review as much as I enjoyed making it. :classic:

Merry Christmas

-Joker

Edited by The Joker1
Some image tags removed

The review is now finished

Does the guard figure have "POLICE" printed on his back? The armored car driver minifigure in 3661 - Bank & Money Transfer was backprinted with "Police" and that sort of ruined him as a security guard for me. This may be a failure of imagination on my part.

No he just has a plain unprinted back. Though I agree that did kinda ruin the old police figs. I would prefer no back print to a police logo.

I'm basically okay with it on a Police minifigure, but 3661 included a cop "dressed" as City Police minifigs of its era "dressed" and the security guard to drive the armored vehicle. In other words, a cop whose back didn't say "POLICE" and a non-cop whose back DID say "POLICE." That said, either no backprinting or backprinting that doesn't say "POLICE" would render the figure a bit more "flexible" in terms of role.

I'm basically okay with it on a Police minifigure, but 3661 included a cop "dressed" as City Police minifigs of its era "dressed" and the security guard to drive the armored vehicle. In other words, a cop whose back didn't say "POLICE" and a non-cop whose back DID say "POLICE." That said, either no backprinting or backprinting that doesn't say "POLICE" would render the figure a bit more "flexible" in terms of role.

Very true. While in the review you can see the old asylum guard had security written across his shirt. Which would have been more appropriate for 3661 also.

What were some of your figures doing in the background during some of the pictures? :look::tongue:

Nice review, thanks for showing all of those awesome figures! Boy, this set is tempting... but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it or not. But since I never got the old Batman sets I don't have any of these figures' old incarnations so this could be a good buy for me.

What were some of your figures doing in the background during some of the pictures? :look::tongue:

Nice review, thanks for showing all of those awesome figures! Boy, this set is tempting... but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it or not. But since I never got the old Batman sets I don't have any of these figures' old incarnations so this could be a good buy for me.

Cheers, This certanly is the best superheroes set ever in my oppinion (older ones included) And it certanly has an exquisite array of figures. If you have the money I would reconmend it over any other set without a doubt.

Oh my what are those figures up to. It was a bad idea of Lego's to make a set with poison ivy and harley quinn in it and then let me at it. :devil_laugh::laugh:

My 7 year old son has just asked why Harley and ivy are kissing each other and then each others crotch in the background of these shots - along with cat woman spanking/whipping ivy - please be aware that children could be viewing topics - this is inappropriate

Nice review joker, Harley and ivy in the background made me chuckle :laugh:

I'm also getting this set for Christmas, 2 days to go

Edited by Kez

My 7 year old son has just asked why Harley and ivy are kissing each other and then each others crotch in the background of these shots - along with cat woman spanking/whipping ivy - please be aware that children could be viewing topics - this is inappropriate

To be fair this is an adult fourm and It is required you be 18 to view it.

Nice review joker, Harley and ivy in the background made me chuckle :laugh:

I'm also getting this set for Christmas, 2 days to go

Cheers, Im sure this will be a big want for christmas. Though it's strange its not about in the US until afterwards. Horray only 2 days :laugh: .

To be fair this is an adult fourm and It is required you be 18 to view it.

You have to be 18 to join; anyone can view it.

Sorry dude. I appreciate the effort you've gone to to inject a bit of humour, but there's a fine line between cheeky innuendo and inappropriate, and I worry you've crossed it here as people have complained.

I've removed the image tags from the worst offenders (plus one oversized Robin picture); people can still click the links but I'd strongly suggest you put a warning that some may be offended if they view the pictures (or feel free to insert spoiler tags if you prefer).

Such humour can be fine when you're presenting your own work (but even then you have to be careful); new set reviews attract a lot of attention from outside the usual EB member base so please take care.

You have to be 18 to join; anyone can view it.

Sorry dude. I appreciate the effort you've gone to to inject a bit of humour, but there's a fine line between cheeky innuendo and inappropriate, and I worry you've crossed it here as people have complained.

I've removed the image tags from the worst offenders (plus one oversized Robin picture); people can still click the links but I'd strongly suggest you put a warning that some may be offended if they view the pictures (or feel free to insert spoiler tags if you prefer).

Such humour can be fine when you're presenting your own work (but even then you have to be careful); new set reviews attract a lot of attention from outside the usual EB member base so please take care.

Sorry Rufus I was just having a laugh. I will retake the deleted pics without the bad bits. Sorry.

Sorry Rufus I was just having a laugh. I will retake the deleted pics without the bad bits. Sorry.

I know, and sorry to be a spoilsport. Thanks for taking it so well. :sweet:

I know, and sorry to be a spoilsport. Thanks for taking it so well. :sweet:

No problem, All pics now retaken with more appropriate ones :grin: .

-Joker

I actually like the Robin in this set, don't forget that he was created in 194o to appeal to the kids. Anyway I got a spare head from bricklink and stuck it on a Nightwing torso I had lying around without it's head and it looks great, so that might solve a problem you have.

I actually like the Robin in this set, don't forget that he was created in 194o to appeal to the kids. Anyway I got a spare head from bricklink and stuck it on a Nightwing torso I had lying around without it's head and it looks great, so that might solve a problem you have.

I guess robin is kind of a marmite figure, You either love or hate him. I think I have a nightwing torso somewhere so I may do that. Did you use the old hair on your custom? If so does it work well?

cheers

Yeah sorry to be a downer - just panicked when he asked and didn't know how I deal with it lol!apologies the joker

No I didn't have the old hair, right now he's wearing the old black lego hair.

Edited by Cobb

Those minifigs in the background are probably the only thing that has actually made me laugh on this forum haha. Great review bro :)

Yeah sorry to be a downer - just panicked when he asked and didn't know how I deal with it lol!apologies the joker

No problem, I can see where you were coming from.

No I didn't have the old hair, right now he's wearing the old black lego hair.

Ok cool, I may try the new anikan skywayker hair on him. If not I will use that hair too. cheers

Those minifigs in the background are probably the only thing that has actually made me laugh on this forum haha. Great review bro :)

Thanks, Im glad you enjoyed it. :sweet:

Why did they have to include one guard...and better yet - the same from the Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase? If he couldn't stop such a small task such as Two-Face from escaping the bank, then how do they expect him to stop five villains from escaping Arkham Asylum? And better yet, by himself? It looks like he either got fired from the bank and got a new job here or it was vice-versa. Great review, I can't wait to get this amazing set! :D

Why did they have to include one guard...and better yet - the same from the Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase? If he couldn't stop such a small task such as Two-Face from escaping the bank, then how do they expect him to stop five villains from escaping Arkham Asylum? And better yet, by himself? It looks like he either got fired from the bank and got a new job here or it was vice-versa. Great review, I can't wait to get this amazing set! :D

Your right, I dont know why they employed him here. He has already missed penguin breaking in and 4 vilians breaking out. He really needs an easier job :laugh: .

Cheers

Actually why on joker shirt is that thing under his neck flesh collour, instead of white? I have the set to. It's distracting.

I hadent realy noticed it before now, That will be bothering me for days now :grin: . I'm not sure why they did that.