Luke Styer

[MOC] Modularized Police Station

This project started when my nephew dropped my Police Headquarters trying to move it from the shelf to the desk, smashing it into its component parts. The timing was good, though, because I was getting a little bored of that configuration and wanted to get my feet wet in building something myself, but was a little reluctant to tear down the set. But, because almost everything in this MOC came from the Police Headquarters set and it's a fairly utilitarian design, rather plain in comparison to both the official modulars and the MOCs I've seen here and elsewhere on the web. Also the change from facade to complete-with-four-walls building stretched the pieces pretty thin, so my result is more precinct house than headquarters.

Here's the front view:

PoliceStationMk201_zps6265d173.jpg

As I said, it's a bit on the plain side for a modular. But, I guess it looks a bit like your average glass-fronted building.

Side view:

PoliceStationMk202_zps7e58c5a5.jpg

Rear view:

PoliceStationMk203_zps841f48b2.jpg

Since I have no street, the cruiser has to park in the alley.

Interior, first floor:

PoliceStationMk205_zpsb528dbe1.jpg

After an earlier iteration, I added stairs to the second story. It left me with a much-smaller holding cell, but it really did improve the build.

Interior, first floor:

PoliceStationMk208_zpsc8419f0f.jpg

He barely has any room in there.

Interior, first floor:

PoliceStationMk207_zps47ae9168.jpg

He may not be the Chief of Police of Malibu, but the desk sergeant will bean you with his coffee mug.

Interior, second floor:

PoliceStationMk209_zpsa9315ba9.jpg

A detective perp sweats a suspect, who is foolishly talking to the detective without his attorney present.

Roof access:

PoliceStationMk210_zps958819b0.jpg

Roof: here's the trap door closed.

PoliceStationMk211_zps6c92a7bf.jpg

Roof:

PoliceStationMk204_zpsb7183fc9.jpg

This is where I finally got a little greebly.

Roof:

PoliceStationMk212_zps0db903ed.jpg

I think it's clear that I'm looking forward to the upcoming Commissioner Gordon minifig.

Disassembled into its component modules:

PoliceStationMk213_zpsf3bb7a22.jpg

Not bad job there 'Luke Styer'......good use of parts from the old 2008 police station.....though the cell is a bit cramp eh ? :laugh:

Brick On 'Luke Styer' ! :grin:

Really excellent, maybe just a little too modern-looking to blend in with some of the official modulars? It has a nice balance of features though.

FYI; perp stands for perpetrator and is slang for suspect.

Thanks!

Yeah, it wouldn't really go with the existing modulars. I mostly went that route for ease of connecting once I get a few more buildings built. To give the display the feeling of a street.

That looks good considering you did it with mainly parts from the original set. Keep it coming, I'm a fan so far. Your car in the other topic is awesome too. I wish I could figure out a decent vehicle MOC, I just can't get the geometry right...ever...

Regarding the car, I just picked a color, black because I had that grill piece and wanted to use it, and just built, tore down and rebuilt till I had something I was mostly satisfied with. It's not the most efficient design process, but a mini-fig scale car USA small enough that working in that fashion still isn't going to take you forever. Keep trying! I went through a LOT of failed configurations before I came up with one that "stuck."

Good interpretation of a modularized police station

So the cell is a bit cramped... if the criminal can't do the time, he probably won't do the crime (again).

:sceptic:

So the cell is a bit cramped... if the criminal can't do the time, he probably won't do the crime (again).

Yeah, well, it's a holding cell at the precinct house, so odds are he hasn't been convicted of a crime yet. ;-)

Nice one! It's a good starting point that you can improve in future, adding more bricks.

It'd be fairly easy to add additional floors, so I might at least add an office for Commissioner Gordon.

I love the batsignal!!

Thanks! I've had the idea for a while, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Once I had the idea it seemed simple in retrospect.

Edited by Luke Styer