Sign in to follow this  
Clone OPatra

REVIEW: 79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike

Thanks for the review. After much deliberation on whether or not to try out one of the ninja turtle sets, I've finally bit my tongue and went ahead to purchase this set. Originally I planned to only buy the figures from bricklink or ebay, but the ridiculous prices on ebay put me off. Was I please with this set? Definitely for the figures - Donatelly looks SOO awesome and I like Shredder's helmet and shoulder gear as well. The other thing which is a definitely a BIG plus for this set, is that the wheels of the motorbike are made out of rubber and NOT plastic, like the Chima sets which seem so cheap. I'm still planning to somehow obtain the remaining turtles, but I'm not going to buy the sets simply because I don't like any of the other figures especially the bad guys and the vehicles look like they've been hurriedly put together. I'm also definitely not going to buy sets just for the parts as I don't see many useful parts in the Ninja Turtles Sets. Perhaps in the future, we will see more interesting sets/charaters.

I bought this set today.

The bike sure looks like crap. But I knew that already. No surprise here. I build the set just for the sake of it, then destroyed it.

The alternative build, the Digger, is however very cute, perfectly sized and works like a charm. I wonder why this little vehicule was not a feature of a set.

http://smashing-bric...03/79101alt.jpg

You can find the instructions on the LEGO site.

That leaves me with 100+ pieces.

If you can find this in special like I did (19,95$ CA at Indigo, that's 10$ off for us canadians), grab it. The minifigs and the digger are worth your money.

I bought this set this week and opened the box today. I must say I agree with pretty much everything you said in your review.

The minifigs are absolutely fantastic and Don's modified skateboard is a cool little vehicle. The bike however is just meh. It's not terrible but it's nothing special... and it does look incredibly oversized. On the plus side, it's full of cool black pieces I'll probably use for a custom Star Wars speeder.