ZCerberus

New Covenant WIP

Okay, so here are some new pics with the new color scheme. I am still missing some parts I didn't have access to, like a few gun port covers, and anchor, and a hook for the crane.

You will also notice several missing sails. They are dyed, but they aren't yet dry. I will post new pics when they are on...

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

I promised I would lighten up on the number of pics... so here are the links to the others...

c3.jpg_thumb.jpg

c4.jpg_thumb.jpg

c5.jpg_thumb.jpg

c6.jpg_thumb.jpg

A vast improvement Mr Z! It doesn't look like a floating castle anymore... May I ask why there's only topgallant sails at the moment?

Do you have a picture that shows the back of the ship Mr. Z. ?

I didn't take any, I was waiting until I had put the sails on!!.

A vast improvement Mr Z! It doesn't look like a floating castle anymore... May I ask why there's only topgallant sails at the moment?

Now Mr. Tiber, it is good you have become MOD and are active, but you should at least READ the post with the pictures you are talking about! It says they needed to be dyed, so they were drying when I snapped the first bunch!

Now Mr. Tiber, it is good you have become MOD and are active, but you should at least READ the post with the pictures you are talking about! It says they needed to be dyed, so they were drying when I snapped the first bunch

Man, I really need to stay away of the rum!

Man, I really need to stay away of the rum!

Heehee, I am sure you new job entails a lot of work and it is probably hard to read every posts. I can see how a MOD would end up focusing on pictures!

Okay so here it is with the sails. I am still missing a few pieces, but it is nearly complete!

covenant1.jpg

covenant2.jpg

covenant14.jpg

covenant3.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant4.jpg_thumb.jpg covenant5.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant6.jpg_thumb.jpg covenant7.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant8.jpg_thumb.jpg covenant9.jpg_thumb.jpg

covenant10.jpg_thumb.jpg covenant11.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant17.jpg_thumb.jpg covenant13.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant15.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant16.jpg_thumb.jpg

The sails make it look alot different. Impressing! I only have one thing to say: The way you attached the jibs looks a bit odd... But that's maby just me...

It seems I have two things to say! :-P The mizzen sail looks a bit too square...

The sails make it look alot different. Impressing! I only have one thing to say: The way you attached the jibs looks a bit odd... But that's maby just me...

It seems I have two things to say! :-P The mizzen sail looks a bit too square...

Yes Mr. Tiber I would agree. I also think the top Gallants aren't quite where I want them... I am working on trimming and making them look as I would like them too, I am close!!

EDIT: I fixed them and they are reflected in the above pictures... here are the thumbs to the new and old pics with the different jibs (and top gallants)

old2.jpg_thumb.jpgcovenant2.jpg_thumb.jpg

I like your cute little cannon. covenant10.jpg_thumb.jpg

You should post it's pic in the custom cannon forum right here

And check out other ppls cute cannons :-D

I like how the top deck is removable, i always try to make all decks of my MOCs as accessible as possible too.

I like the figure head. It's really kool looking. Though i'd definetely use a black CC helmet instead of a KK helmet.

Nice ship! *y*

Phred

Edit:

One more quick thing, the gun deck on the bottom would probably look better if it were 1 brick higher

And the top deck staying at the same height.

Just a suggestion.

I like the figure head. It's really kool looking. Though i'd definetely use a black CC helmet instead of a KK helmet.

Really? I kind of like the KK helmet... it is one of the only things in KK that I do like!!

This is turning out to be a very nice ship Mr. Z.

I would only change 1 thing: change the grey at the stern into black.

I know that Norro already made a comment on the usage of grey.

And the other grey in the ship is not bothering me, only at the stern it seems a bit to much.

This is turning out to be a very nice ship Mr. Z.

I would only change 1 thing: change the grey at the stern into black.

I know that Norro already made a comment on the usage of grey.

And the other grey in the ship is not bothering me, only at the stern it seems a bit to much.

Yes, I am not completely satisfied with the gray on the back either... it works on some levels, but looks a little odd... it looks pretty good from the back, but awkward from the side.

Yes, I am not completely satisfied with the gray on the back either... it works on some levels, but looks a little odd... it looks pretty good from the back, but awkward from the side. I am trying to figure out how I should handle it.

I'm currently struggling a lot with color-schemes myself since I'm working quite intensively on my new frigate "Excalibur".

So I know that this is not an easy part. I'm using a program like paint shop pro to make some quick color changes to get some idea on the result before I change it on the actual ship.

I'm currently struggling a lot with color-schemes myself since I'm working quite intensively on my new frigate "Excalibur".

So I know that this is not an easy part. I'm using a program like paint shop pro to make some quick color changes to get some idea on the result before I change it on the actual ship.

I am trying to figure out how I should handle it. I don't think the solution should be to just replace the gray though... the ship goes from Black to Dark Grey to Red to Dark Gray to Black from the fore to the stern, which I like, but I would agree that the gray on the back is a little much... I might have a solution, check back later tonight! I think I should keep some of the gray but replace more of it with Red. We'll see if that helps it out!

I think I should keep some of the gray but replace more of it with Red. We'll see if that helps it out!

I reposted the above pictures with the changes...

What do you think of it now? It is much less distracting, but I don't think it is perfect... hmm...

Status update...

Waiting on 1 Anchor, 1 hook, and a couple dozen gun ports.

While I wait, perhaps a little look at my three ships to see which one best uses the color scheme of my fleet... I like all of them in their own right, but I think the Covenant is done a disservice by not having a Lego hull piece with two colors on it. Maybe the ones from the SES would look better... or maybe not...

Anyhow, which implementation is best?

New Covenant -- color fades from black to dark gray to red, then back again, black is transitioned in on upper deck

covenant2.jpg

covenant1.jpg_thumb.jpg Old Versions----> 1.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0860.jpg_thumb.jpg BrickShelf Folder

Arbiter II-- red and dark gray on lower deck, mostly black with thin red stripes upper deck

arbiter1.jpg

arbiter10.jpg_thumb.jpg Old Versions----> arbiter16.jpg_thumb.jpg BrickShelf Folder

Sienna-- black with gray stripe on lower deck, mostly red with thin black stripes on upper deck

final1.jpg

final3.jpg_thumb.jpg Old Versions----> siennarigged1.jpg_thumb.jpgsienna1.jpg_thumb.jpg BrickShelf Folder

Really? I kind of like the KK helmet... it is one of the only things in KK that I do like!!

That's fine then, I'm just really biased in favor of CC when it come to castley type sets.

I reposted the above pictures with the changes...

What do you think of it now? It is much less distracting, but I don't think it is perfect... hmm...

Now it is much better Mr. Z.

The grey at the stern is now much more in harmony with the rest and is not disturbing me anymore.

Looking at your 3 ships, my favorite would be a mix of the Arbiter II and the Sienna. Let me explain :-D .

The Arbiter II has some very original and unique techniques (the way how the sides of the ship open) and it has a great color scheme. But I like the lower stern of the Sienna. Its more integrated in the ship and so I like the overall shape and the line of the Sienna a bit more.

The Arbiter II has some very original and unique techniques (the way how the sides of the ship open) and it has a great color scheme. But I like the lower stern of the Sienna. Its more integrated in the ship and so I like the overall shape and the line of the Sienna a bit more.

If I had to choose myself I would say I like the 'playability' of the Arbiter II, the sails of the Covenant and the unique design and look of the Sienna.

Overall though, I think I like the Sienna best, but some of what I don't like about the Arbiter II, I plan to fix.

Those fixes...

1. New sails, similar to the ones on the Covenant. I also need to fix the sails between the masts... they were cut ouf of left over materials, but the new mast I am putting up and my experiences with the sails have guided me to figure out a better way to get them connected.

2. Longer hull, about 20 studs longer... I don't have a problem per say with the hull now, but longer hulls will get me up to 40 guns.

3. Exterior of stern cabin... I am not sure if I will be adding new square windows or several rounded windows, but it will be updated

4. Larger crew- I am going to make some plain ol' sailors to be on the ship with my soldiers. They will have a red and white scheme, but won't be armed (except for maybe carrying a required knife or hatchet). We'll see how it works out!

5. Name plate for back of ship (fancier than the one on the Sienna or Covenant).

6. Detail in lower deck. I am going to be adding some storage, and maybe a shot holder and galley. maybe even a small brig, but we'll see.

The Sienna also will have a few minor fixes...

1. New Oar construction... simply a little sturdier with the same effect.

2. All rigging to use thin lift arms 2 long. Right now it is a hodgepodge of different lengths and thicknesses.

3. I may re-cut the sails out of canvas. It is stiffer than the current stuff, so it will hold its shape better.

Very beautiful ship. What makes is so good are all the details.

For example the rope (with the technic pieces) for the sails are one of these details. I also like the cannons/cannonades on the deck and how the deck can be removed.

It's good to have so many detailed picture on this ship (especially when you are searching for ideas ;-) ).

These remakes are outstanding compared to the original versions, you've certainly developed them into in more attractive and powerful vessels, Mr ZCerberus.

I especially like how you've gone from this

sienna1.jpg_thumb.jpg to finish with this final3.jpg_thumb.jpg

I think I wrote the original reminded me of a peasant!

I think I wrote the original reminded me of a peasant!

I am pretty sure you mean Pheasant!

Yes they are upgrades. I don't think iwas clear when I first showed the ships just how old they were!

I might have to do something to harmonize the Fortune and Adventure as well!

I am also considering building a final Imperial ship. I am planning on it being a schooner, but we will see!

You may wonder why I am posting in all these old threads when I SHOULD be finishing the Phantom or fully assembling Fort Brighton. Well you've got me there, but since I visit my parents' house so rarely, I thought I should snap a few pictures of the ships NOT in my possession at my apartment. I shot them outside since boneparte's turned out so nicely. His ships use the same red/black color scheme as mine. I shot them in the shade of a large semi-trailer so there were no shadows. They are really nice photos, and the all blue background may assist me in trying to once again exercise my photoshop skills!!

So some new shots of the old ship!

aacovenant1.jpg

aacovenant2.jpg

aacovenant3.jpg

I think it looks much nicer with some light on it!

Edited by ZCerberus