Sign in to follow this  
Moexy

REVIEW: 75001 Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Today I got the chance off picking up 75001, 75012, 75013 and I decided to try and do a little review off them.

First one I'll be reviewing is the 75001 Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers set.

Minifigs: 2 Republic Troopers, 2 Sith Troopers

Build: Small one person speeder vehicle

Price: € 14.99

Subtheme: The Old Republic

Pieces: Not Specified on the European box

Release: Winter 2013

Front of the box.

It's a little box (can be expected from an army builder :tongue: ). It has the new green Yoda box layout like all the new winter sets have.

img_1.jpg

Back of the box.

Shows a little battle and flick fire ability of the speeder.

img_2.jpg

Side of the box.

Like all the boxes it shows how large the minifigures are in real life. This is one of the new minifigures in the box (the "NEW!" reminds us of that), althought it is not the only new one :wub: .

img_3.jpg

Content off the box.

Construction manual, little plastic bag with little pieces, a medium one with the rest of the pieces and off course the dreaded sticker sheet (only two stickers).

img_4.jpgimg_5.jpg

img_7.jpgimg_8.jpg

Closer look at the sticker sheet.

img_6.jpg

Content from both plastic bags.

Really looking forward seeing the minifigures assembled! :sweet:

img_9.jpg

I'll do the minifigures first (most people are looking forward to this, as do I :laugh: ).

Front view.

Here we have the two Republic Soldiers. They are really well detailed, nice torso and leg print, their helms look great too. They both look alike, no differences here.

img_10.jpg

Back view.

Beautiful (although simple) back printing. Their helmets are open on the backside, which is a bitt off a letdown, but the helmets do look great overall :thumbup: .

img_11.jpg

Republic Soldiers without their helmets.

A surprise (for me) that they have different head printings, although no double faced heads (but not really necessary).

img_12.jpgimg_13.jpg

Only minifigures left are the Sith Troopers.

Front view.

The black one is not new, but now he has some nice legprinting we hoped for :thumbup: .

The red one is new. He looks great too and surprisingly he has a new helmet print :wub:.

img_14.jpg

Sith Troopers without their helmets.

Even better, they both have different faces like the Republic Troopers :thumbup::wub: .

img_16.jpg

Back side.

Very nice printing on the back, even more detailed then the Republic Troopers.

Also a difference between the red and black one. Like the Republic Troopers no double sided face heads.

img_15.jpgimg_17.jpg

Close-up off their helmets (sorry for the bad picture).

img_18.jpg

Now on to the build itself.

A little brick build laser machine gun, simple but effective. Looks badass in the hands off a minifigure.

img_19.jpgimg_20.jpg

The speeder.

These are the pieces that remain after building the machine gun and minifigures.

img_21.jpg

Here I apllied the stickers. They do look great on it :wink: .

img_22.jpg

This is how the finished speeder looks like.

I really like this speeder. It looks really good and it almost perfectly resembles the ingame version (except the colors).

img_24.jpgrendili_watchmen_resized.png

img_25.jpg

Here we have the set in it's full glory :wub: .

img_26.jpg

A picture from the spare parts.

img_23.jpg

Now I'll try to rate the set.

Playability: 9/10 - It is a fun little set, you have troops from both sides so you can do a little battle between them, the speeder has flick fire missiles for a bit of action.

Design: 9/10 - The design is pretty good, the machine gun looks nice and the speeder looks almost identical to his ingame counterpart.

Price: 7/10 - I find it a bit much for what it is, a € 12 price point would be better. But we do get some nice looking minifigures and a nice little speeder.

Minifigures: 9,5/10 - The minifigures are awesome. Not much we could do to make them look better imho, the only negative thing I can think about is the opening on the back of the Republic Trooper helmet.

Parts: 8/10 - We get some nice parts. Not much more I can say about that.

Overall: 42/50 - This is a nice set, its main value are the minifigures though.

I hoped you enjoyed my very first review! :sweet:

Hopefully there are not too many pictures for reviewing a small set :blush:

Wow, nice!

I am still doubting whether to buy the set or not. Those minifigs are soooo great!

also me loving those new flick-fire technic pieces

those stickers look a bit strange... the canons look like pointing out towards eachother.

Thanks for the early review of this set! The minifigs look great, especially the Republic Troopers. Can't wait to pick up a few of those sets. The pieces for the speeder don't look extremely useful, to be honest. I think the battlepacks from recent years had better builds.

Thanks for this review. The helmets are fantastic, but the vehicle looks kind of bland. Is it a real vehicle from the Old Republic?

Great set great review! :thumbup:

I am really pleased to see that the Republic troopers have different faces, gives a bit of variety if you have an army of it.

I also like the different designs on the Sith Troopers.

Good job! :classic:

Those Sith troopers are beautiful. I don't have the cash for that big Sith set, so this will be a great budget way to get ahold of them.

Thanks for the review! I'm really happy about all of those different heads in this set. Even though they're similar, it was nice of Lego to give us a different one for each figure (so they're not all clones like the Mandalorians...). The set itself looks pretty small, but those excellent figures make up for it so I think I'll try to pick this up in the future.

Thank you for the review :wink:

I am looking forward to get my hands on a dozen of those minifigures when they are out in my country!

They look pretty cool don't you guys agree? :laugh:

Thank yoi fro this review :thumbup: :thumbup:

Even when the news came out, I was interested in this set and now, after this review, I think I will buy it for sure, maybe more times :grin:

Why the speeder has flick fire missiles though? In the game the speeders are personal transports, not military capable machines. That's just weird

But otherwise it looks like a great set, and one which I will surely get.

Thanks for the review :)

Thanx all for the kind words. It was a pleasure doing this review! :blush:

I love the old republic era, so I already bought two of these, and after completing it I'm already thinking about buying another two of them.

But even if you are not an old republic fan, these figs look really great, nice addition too any collection! :wink:

A great little set! Thanks for the review!

My need for republic and sith troopers at present is small, so I'll probably be giving this one a miss unless I spot it on offer somewhere! I do like it though.

Thanks for the great review Moexy

I must say in my opinion this is on of the better battle packs ever made.

I was never a very big fan of the clone wars heads. Low and behold though I amassed quite the sum, so it will be nice to collect a lot of generic but unique flesh heads in this set.

Thanks for this review 'Moexy', being busy haven't you eh ? :wink:

Dam it, Lego are trying to twist my arm for buying at least one Old Republic set and it might be this one......the minifigs totally rock, different faces just AWESOME and handy to use in other fleshy sets and not just Star Wars right ? :grin:

Speeder is nice too.....yeah, looks like three sets might be on the list next year.....just for the love of Star Wars and old times sake. :sweet:

Thanks for the review. I am on the fence for this set. The troopers look nice, but since I don't have much use for EU SW it is tough to say how this would work for me. The speeder looks useless (but I guess it adds playability). The figures are the main draw of this set. If I ever see it discounted, it may be worthwhile to pick up. I also like the use of different heads, even though they have been used in other sets before, but it's nice to add variety to the armies.

I'm definitely buying multiples of these! They will be very useful in my own setting, and two of the Sith speeders can be combined with one of the Kraang Lab Escape sets to make some little Alien Conquests flying saucers....

Thanks so much for the review!

I'm just excited about the fact that all the figures have leg printing and back printing.

This makes the figures the definite stand out of the set for me.

The figures do look nice. I might get just one set. I could never really identify myself with the theme, but the minifig collector in me is tugging some strings.

Thanks for the review. I'm normally up on the fence until I see reviews of sets over $20.00 but it's a given that I will buy the Battle Packs. I will definitely multiples of the BPs in this wave.

Great review! I love the figures, but am kinda more excited about having access to the 4 heads for customizing other troops and officers.

Thanks for the review, confirmed my thoughts about the set.

It's just a shame LEGO wasted a battlepack on the heaping pile of fail that is TOR(tanic). Awful game, just simply awful. Saw the iceberg coming from miles/years away, but the poor souls who subscribed didn't. And they all sank ;_;

It's untankful source material, and I hope this is the last set we see of that particular game.