Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 55: Sang Des Hommes

"Heroes not frightened of other people" said Janek "but other people frightened of Heroes maybe? I am less Hero than all, so can speak other people without making fright if you like this?"

You go back and choose the other route. The route ends and turns 90 degrees to the right. You turn and see who you just might have taken the letter from. A regiment of soldiers marches in unison. You hear war drums beating, the steady march, and a leader counting, "Un, deux, trois, quatre, un, deux trois..."

img_3034.jpg

The group passes, and the route is clear, though you imagine you are severely close to a camp.

"They have a weird tongue... Does anyone know if they all speak like this here?"

Thalion nods, "Very strange language indeed. We should look for some landmark in this area... Perhaps our rangers can look for tracks to determine where to or from are these soldiers going!?"

Thalion looks around in attempt to spot a town or a camp (of some sort).

You spot know town, but you are close enough to spot a large camp with tents and baggage for a group the size of a small army. You'll have to wait for a tracker/ranger to get more info.

After spotting the town, Thalion turns and whispers to the party, "Perhaps we should head to the town first and see whats what, before we stroll into another camp; last time we were lucky no one was there. This time it could be guarded or even a trap..." He looks questioningly at the others.

QM Note: Argh. :facepalm: :facepalm: I meant you do not see a town. I don't believe I put "know town" instead of "no town." You don't see a town yet.

I'm so stupid, sorry everyone.

OOC: Well, that changes things a bit. :wink: Party should ignore Thalions last question, and answer to this instead:

Thalion whspered to the party, "Should we inspect that large camp, or try to follow those soldiers?"

"Thank you, Master Dreyrugr." Something from the past came into Nessa's mind. 'Always watch your manners, Sweetie.' Her mother's voice was clearly in her head. But it was gone as fast as it has appeared. "We are on this track quite a time now and I haven't introduced myself to you. My name is Nessa Anárion." Nessa slightly bows to the pale man in her party,

"I'm surprised you know my name. And don't call me master it makes me uncomfortable." Dreyrugr bows back if only for etiquette.

Thalion whspered to the party, "Should we inspect that large camp, or try to follow those soldiers?"

"I say follow these soldiers. It looks like they have taken someone captive and people only do that if the individual is somewhat important."

"I'm surprised you know my name. And don't call me master it makes me uncomfortable." Dreyrugr bows back if only for etiquette.

"Your name was on the Quest Board, as they call it. And I am kind of familiar with the other members of the party... and the dwarf. So I guessed your name, Dreyrgur." Nessa says to Dreyrugr.

You spot know town, but you are close enough to spot a large camp with tents and baggage for a group the size of a small army. You'll have to wait for a tracker/ranger to get more info.

Than Nessa turns to the party ans whisperes: "Although I am not that experienced in tracking - I even lost the dwarf here - I might have a look if I can find out more." By these words Nessa has a closer look to the party's surrounding.

You are on a track, that continues a long way to the east. You find out these soldiers just returned from some location to the east. The man in blue on the ground, you find out is dead. Do you try and search for anything else?

"Does anyone know what parties these guys belong to? The blue man and the men in black?

Alexander, this is perhaps a good place to use your shovel. The dead man and/or the soldiers may have lost something."

Amma searches the ground to find something useful maybe.

"What do you think? Should we follow these soldiers. Or should we maybe go in the opposite direction? I'd prefer the latter, but I don't mind to track these soldiers."

Edited by PsyKater

Nessa searches the dead soldier. She had to do such things in her past. But she was never proud of it. "I guess this one", she said while pointing to the dead one after searching him, "is not dead for no reason. And I guess that it may have something to do with the other soldiers that passed by. I'm not very keen on meeting them but I also guess they are heading to Charis. So we should follow them.

Edited by herrJJ

Alexander tries to dig with his shovel and after he says: "I think the soldiers with black robe started from a base camp and head for a siege; therefore I think we should follow the soldiers and prepare for a battle."

"What both of you are saying sounds good to me. I want to poke some bad guys with this old stick anyways. And I am afraid of losing my elemental skills if I don't use them soon."

"What do you think? Should we follow these soldiers. Or should we maybe go in the opposite direction? I'd prefer the latter, but I don't mind to track these soldiers."

Thalion nodded, "That is what I was thinking. We should go in the opposite direction of the soldiers and see where they came from. Following them will probably just lead us to their camp, and that is not what we are trying to find right now..."

"Thalion, I have to disagree; I think it's the opposite, the soldier is going to battle. However, if the party decides otherwise I will follow."

Nessa searches the soldier, she finds a note in his pocket.

Dearest Mother-

Bonjour maman!

I am close to Château de la Ville, where they are awaiting reinforcements. They couldn't hold of for much longer.

These Croise's forces are surrounding the poor town. Rumors are spreading through out the group that only a handful of

Fraternity Rebels remain, and they are so few, they can barely hold their defenses. (Sad to say, is all they have are tipped over tables and boxes.)

We are resting for the night, and we'll reach the town in the morning. If Château de la Ville is lost, so is the rebellion. I'll send this note in the

morning, but Captain Trent needs us, so I'll find away to get this to you out of the city.

Love-

Abel Bon, 13th infantry regiment

Alex digs, but finds only bones and remains on animals and soldiers. Also, continuing east, you come to another split.

img_3013.jpg

(Yet another crossroads...) Thalion thought to himself, "Shall we go forward of turn right? Again, one direction is as good as the other, so forward!?"

Thailon leads the party forward. You reach yet another dead end. But you smell smoke and see something off in the distance. No doubt, the town was close.

"So than, back and to the other direction... There is probably nothing left." Nessa suggests to the party.

You take the right. The smell of smoke is closer, and you begin to hear civilization. But now you can keep going on your path or take a left.

backwards.jpg

"Glad that you listened to me, Master Thalion. But I am hungry and I think it is time for elevenses, isn't it? My stomach is rumbling..., says Amma and follows the party the other way down.